Rino revolt, a new moderate party?

One thing I've learned about straddling a fence, it's not a good thing for the boys. It won't take long for them to figure out it can be an uncomfortable position.

One thing I've learned about straddling a fence, it's not a good thing for the boys. It won't take long for them to figure out it can be an uncomfortable position.

I'm married, I have no use for mine anymore.
Anyway, I like this. I will be keeping an eye on who this group supports in the future.

It isn't a political party. It is a group. And doing just what I predicted, split the democrats.

• Banned
It isn't a political party. It is a group. And doing just what I predicted, split the democrats.

Interesting bit of magical thinking. Time will tell. The roots of the party lie with Lincoln, TR and Ike - all of whom would be cast aside today by the radical right as RINO.

Maybe the Rush/Beck/Foxbots will awake and realize they're FOS. 2014 and O-care implemented would be the beginning of that if they have any minds left at all...

I'd love to see this take root. Give the GOP hardliners the party all to themselves and see how well they do. By grabbing the pragmatic conservatives, the moderates, independents and the fiscally conservative Democrats, the new party would have a real chance.

Good for them.

Conservative Democrat: Talks a good game but reelects Pelosi/Reid. Yep, we need more of them...

One thing you will never see is a democrat political group dropping the name democrat. I don't know what the penalties are for civilians but they kicked their own former V.P. candidate and long standing senator out of the party for acting too moderate.

The new 'group' might consider a party name from the past: The Democratic Republican Party. Such a party would likely cull out some Democrats and some Republicans and many Independents to become that third party many have hoped for.

they won't be taken seriously until they do something w/ their social base (see- Mourdock & Akin), the virtually completely white membership, & come out and say that they are merely water-carriers for Wall St. :)

they won't be taken seriously until they do something w/ their social base (see- Mourdock & Akin), the virtually completely white membership, & come out and say that they are merely water-carriers for Wall St. :)

FYI, whites exhibit greater variation in voting patterns than any other demographic group. Did it ever occur to you that members of these other groups should stop voting as a block and start thinking for themselves?

I'd love to see this. For all the demonization of the republican party for being run by/consisting of hard right wingers, the democrat party is just as bad from a left wing standpoint. I've got to think there would be a substantial amount of moderate republicans and moderate democrats that are closer to each other in their views than they are to the extremes of their respective parties.

Last edited:
We can't get rid of Republican "Moderates" (aka: Democrat-Lite) fast enough. Adios, Losers!

It's not about straddling a fence. It's about choosing not to be one of those robots hammering itself in the head like so many UnConservatives who have hijacked the GOP do.

They fought tooth and claw against everything the Republican Party stood for.

They were about as virile and useful as a man with a prostatectomy or Liberace.
Tell them to make sure the door doesn't hit them in their @rsses on their way out.

They fought tooth and claw against everything the Republican Party stood for.

They were about as virile and useful as a man with a prostatectomy or Liberace.
Tell them to make sure the door doesn't hit them in their @rsses on their way out.

I guess you didn't notice how many moderates have already left. That's why Romney lost. They stayed home on Election Day.

Enjoy your extinction event!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back