Ringo

ginscpy

Sep 10, 2010
Nobody wouldhave heard oftheBeatle s or the3 British Invasion for that matter - if they hadnt dumped Pete Best for Ringo

The best actor on both A Hard Days Night and Help

Self effacing guy .......................................................................

A second-rate drummer who fell into a good thing by stupid chance.
Ugly parrot-beak finds success through dumb luck.

What did I do when he sang out of tune?

Iran.

if the Beatles hadnt replaced
Pete Pest with Ringo

NONODY WOULLD have hearrd of The Beatles

Pete Pest with Ringo

geezus christ it was the song writing talents of Lennon and McCartney that made the Beatles .....if Best would have stayed as the Drummer the only Difference would have been this.....instead of John,Paul,George and Ringo.....it would have been ....John,Paul,George and Pete.....and fucking either post without doing drugs or learn to spell....

Pete Pest with Ringo

geezus christ it was the song writing talents of Lennon and McCartney that made the Beatles .....if Best would have stayed as the Drummer the only Difference would have been this.....instead of John,Paul,George and Ringo.....it would have been ....John,Paul,George and Pete.....and fucking either post without doing drugs or learn to spell....

and Pete refused to get a Beatle cut.

Pete Pest with Ringo

and Pete refused to get a Beatle cut.

the basterd.....do you think Gincopy has the cut?,.....

Iran.

yet he had more number 1 hits than any of the other beatles.

just sayin

i dont think that is true Jill ......i think Paul had 3 Solo and 6 with Wings......and unlike Ringo who had 2....Paul wrote his Number Ones.....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_artists_who_reached_number_one_in_the_United_States

Last edited:

Iran.

just sayin

i dont think that is true Jill ......i think Paul had 3 Solo and 6 with Wings......and unlike Ringo who had 2....Paul wrote his Number Ones.....
List of artists who reached number one in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

yeah, sure... 'cept that Paul's tunes usually sucked... and Ringo's never did ...

You people are cluless.

Pete Best as as exciting as milk.

Thats why they fired him

You people are cluless.

Thats why they fired him

ummm... I think mebbe you're beating a dead horse, Gimpy...

nobody here gives a flying f*** about Pete Best...

and everyone loves Ringo...

mebbe you should find another hobby...

just sayin

List of artists who reached number one in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

yeah, sure... 'cept that Paul's tunes usually sucked... and Ringo's never did ...

and your dislike of McCartney has what to do with what i posted?...like the guy or not he has sold more records than any of the Beatles....by a good margin......so maybe he dont suck as much as you think he does.....someone obviously likes the guy.....:eusa_eh:

and your dislike of McCartney has what to do with what i posted?...like the guy or not he has sold more records than any of the Beatles....by a good margin......so maybe he dont suck as much as you think he does.....someone obviously likes the guy.....:eusa_eh:

my dislike of McCartney has nothing to do with what you posted... McCartney is only one of many suck-ass musicians who've sold a lotta records...

btw, Harry... mebbe you and I should agree to spend time with each other only in the extremely geezer music threads... i.e., pre-60's

do you like Chet Baker...?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRC559hNvGM]Chet Baker I Fall In Love To Easily - YouTube[/ame]

You people are cluless.

Thats why they fired him

do you even know what the fuck your talking about?.....Pete Best was pretty dam popular with the fans at that time......especially the girls who thought he was the best looking of the 4....and thats not why he was let go dumbass.....George Martin wanted a seasoned session Drummer for their first recording,because he felt Best was not up to snuff..... Brian Epstein did not want him to go because....he was popular.....John liked the guy.....Paul and George did not......so it was decided to let him go.....a session Drummer named Andy White was used on "Love Me Do" while Ringo sat in the Control room....

from Allmusic....

"Love Me Do" was recorded by the Beatles on three different occasions with three different drummers:
The Beatles first recorded it on 6 June 1962 with Pete Best on drums, as part of their audition at EMI Studios at 3 Abbey Road in London. This version (previously thought to be lost) is available on Anthology 1.
By 4 September, Best had been replaced with Ringo Starr (producer George Martin did not approve of Best's drumming; the decision to fire Best was not his, however), and on that day the Beatles with Starr recorded a version again at EMI Studios.
One week later, on 11 September, the Beatles returned to the same studio and they made a recording of "Love Me Do" with session drummer Andy White on drums, as Martin was unhappy with Starr's performance on 4 September and he was relegated to playing tambourine. As the tambourine was not included on the 4 September recording, this is the easiest way to distinguish between the Starr and White recordings.

You people are cluless.

Thats why they fired him

do you even know what the fuck your talking about?.....Pete Best was pretty dam popular with the fans at that time......especially the girls who thought he was the best looking of the 4....and thats not why he was let go dumbass.....George Martin wanted a seasoned session Drummer for their first recording,because he felt Best was not up to snuff..... Brian Epstein did not want him to go because....he was popular.....John liked the guy.....Paul and George did not......so it was decided to let him go.....a session Drummer named Andy White was used on "Love Me Do" while Ringo sat in the Control room....

from Allmusic....

"Love Me Do" was recorded by the Beatles on three different occasions with three different drummers:
The Beatles first recorded it on 6 June 1962 with Pete Best on drums, as part of their audition at EMI Studios at 3 Abbey Road in London. This version (previously thought to be lost) is available on Anthology 1.
By 4 September, Best had been replaced with Ringo Starr (producer George Martin did not approve of Best's drumming; the decision to fire Best was not his, however), and on that day the Beatles with Starr recorded a version again at EMI Studios.
One week later, on 11 September, the Beatles returned to the same studio and they made a recording of "Love Me Do" with session drummer Andy White on drums, as Martin was unhappy with Starr's performance on 4 September and he was relegated to playing tambourine. As the tambourine was not included on the 4 September recording, this is the easiest way to distinguish between the Starr and White recordings.

geez... before now, I can't remember when I've ever read a more "who-the-fuck-cares-I-sure-don't " post...

You people are cluless.

Thats why they fired him

from Allmusic....

geez... before now, I can't remember when I've ever read a more "who-the-fuck-cares-I-sure-don't " post...

if you did not care....what the fuck are you still doing here?....and why did you start a thread on this?.....

Forum List

Back