RightWingers...If Torture Techniques Are Truly Responsible

Here is what ol' Leo had to say about it.

NBC, msnbc.com and news services
updated 5/3/2011 8:51:07 PM ET 2011-05-04T00:51:07
Share Print Font: +-WASHINGTON — Intelligence garnered from waterboarded detainees was used to track down al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden and kill him, CIA Chief Leon Panetta told NBC News on Tuesday.

More from TODAY.com "Enhanced interrogation techniques" were used to extract information that led to the mission's success, Panetta said during an interview with anchor Brian Williams. Those techniques included waterboarding, he acknowledged.

Panetta, who in a 2009 CIA confirmation hearing declared "waterboarding is torture and it's wrong," said Tuesday that debate about its use will continue.

"Whether we would have gotten the same information through other approaches I think is always gonna be an open question," Panetta said.

"In the intelligence business you work from a lot of sources of information and that was true here," Panetta said. "We had a multiple source — a multiple series of sources — that provided information with regards to the situation. Clearly some of it came from detainees and the interrogation of detainees but we also had information from other sources as well."

Panetta's comments hours after Attorney General Eric Holder defended as lawful Tuesday the intelligence gathering and raid that resulted in the death of al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden.

The raid was "lawful, legitimate and appropriate in every way. The people who were responsible for that action, both in the decision making and the effecting of that decision, handled themselves I think quite well,'' Holder told the House Judiciary Committee.Bin Laden was killed at a heavily fortified home in an affluent suburb north of Islamabad, Pakistan.

Here is what ol' Leo had to say about it.

NBC, msnbc.com and news services
updated 5/3/2011 8:51:07 PM ET 2011-05-04T00:51:07
Share Print Font: +-WASHINGTON — Intelligence garnered from waterboarded detainees was used to track down al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden and kill him, CIA Chief Leon Panetta told NBC News on Tuesday.

More from TODAY.com "Enhanced interrogation techniques" were used to extract information that led to the mission's success, Panetta said during an interview with anchor Brian Williams. Those techniques included waterboarding, he acknowledged.

Panetta, who in a 2009 CIA confirmation hearing declared "waterboarding is torture and it's wrong," said Tuesday that debate about its use will continue.

"Whether we would have gotten the same information through other approaches I think is always gonna be an open question," Panetta said.

"In the intelligence business you work from a lot of sources of information and that was true here," Panetta said. "We had a multiple source — a multiple series of sources — that provided information with regards to the situation. Clearly some of it came from detainees and the interrogation of detainees but we also had information from other sources as well."

Panetta's comments hours after Attorney General Eric Holder defended as lawful Tuesday the intelligence gathering and raid that resulted in the death of al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden.

The raid was "lawful, legitimate and appropriate in every way. The people who were responsible for that action, both in the decision making and the effecting of that decision, handled themselves I think quite well,'' Holder told the House Judiciary Committee.Bin Laden was killed at a heavily fortified home in an affluent suburb north of Islamabad, Pakistan.
Pretty much sums it all up right there.

The key line:

"Whether we would HAVE gotten the same information through OTHER approaches I think is always going to be an open question"

Meaning, the info was gleaned through enhanced interrogation, too include waterboarding, and that it is not clear if they could have gotten the same info through other means.......So, waterboarding worked!

I just love how these desperate liberal apologists have tried to twist his words.

Last edited:
Bush pussied around, talked a lot of trashed and generally botched up the entire thing almost beyond repair.

Obama came in, recognizing what needed to be done, and got it done.

And now....Bin Laden is dead.

Bottom line.

And there is that inane rhetoric I spoke of... call the ACLU... I'm being tortured

Awww....I'm sowwy de trute hurrtz u so much. Yesaiyam!!! Awwwww...!!

gop_cry1.jpg

For getting the intelligence that led to the discovery and killing of Osama Bin Laden, then...

a.) What SPECIFIC information was it?

and

2.) WHY wasn't it done 6 or even 4 years ago?

What you people want us to buy is that somehow, some kind of VERY important information was garnered from beating the living snot out of some Muslims that is just NOW baring fruit.

Anyone who would actually believe that should have their head examined.

Can you enlighten the rest of us?

Your post is full of all of the hysterical bluster, and incoherent babble that is evident when ever an uninformed liberal attempts to involve themselves in informed debate. Every point that you raise has been covered Ad nauseam in the media. Yet all of that seems to have blown over your little pin head.

Here is a question for you. All military aviators, and spec ops, must complete SERE training. One aspect of this training is they must submit to water boarding. If this practice is illegal, immoral, and tortuous then let's bring the CinC B. H. Obama, up on charges as a war criminal. Or maybe you only care about the well being of our enemies. What say you? :up:

"The SERE program, was originally designed to be defensive in nature and was used to train pilots and other soldiers on how to resist harsh interrogation techniques and torture were they to fall into enemy hands.[17][20] The program subjected trainees to torture techniques such as “waterboarding . . . sleep deprivation, isolation, exposure to extreme temperatures, enclosure in tiny spaces, bombardment with agonizing sounds at extremely damaging decibel levels, and religious and sexual humiliation.”[23]

Under CIA supervision, Miller and Jessen adapted SERE into an offensive program designed to train CIA agents on how to use the harsh interrogation techniques to gather information from terrorist detainees.[16][17][20] In fact, all of the tactics listed above would later be reported in the International Committee of the Red Cross Report on Fourteen High Value Detainees in CIA Custody as having been used on Abu Zubaydah.[24][25]"

Enhanced interrogation techniques - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Hahaha!!!

What a FOOL!!!

In your rush to spew your partisan swill you inadvertently ADMIT and PROVE that Waterboarding IS, in fact, torture.

Dumb CONT.

:lol:

For getting the intelligence that led to the discovery and killing of Osama Bin Laden, then...

and

What you people want us to buy is that somehow, some kind of VERY important information was garnered from beating the living snot out of some Muslims that is just NOW baring fruit.

Your post is full of all of the hysterical bluster, and incoherent babble that is evident when ever an uninformed liberal attempts to involve themselves in informed debate. Every point that you raise has been covered Ad nauseam in the media. Yet all of that seems to have blown over your little pin head.

Here is a question for you. All military aviators, and spec ops, must complete SERE training. One aspect of this training is they must submit to water boarding. If this practice is illegal, immoral, and tortuous then let's bring the CinC B. H. Obama, up on charges as a war criminal. Or maybe you only care about the well being of our enemies. What say you? :up:

"The SERE program, was originally designed to be defensive in nature and was used to train pilots and other soldiers on how to resist harsh interrogation techniques and torture were they to fall into enemy hands.[17][20] The program subjected trainees to torture techniques such as “waterboarding . . . sleep deprivation, isolation, exposure to extreme temperatures, enclosure in tiny spaces, bombardment with agonizing sounds at extremely damaging decibel levels, and religious and sexual humiliation.”[23]

Under CIA supervision, Miller and Jessen adapted SERE into an offensive program designed to train CIA agents on how to use the harsh interrogation techniques to gather information from terrorist detainees.[16][17][20] In fact, all of the tactics listed above would later be reported in the International Committee of the Red Cross Report on Fourteen High Value Detainees in CIA Custody as having been used on Abu Zubaydah.[24][25]"

Hahaha!!!

What a FOOL!!!

In your rush to spew your partisan swill you inadvertently ADMIT and PROVE that Waterboarding IS, in fact, torture.

Dumb CONT.

No. He didn't, you dishonest fuckwit muthafuckah.

Here's your answer

WASHINGTON — Intelligence garnered from waterboarded detainees was used to track down al-Qaida leader Osama bin Laden and kill him, CIA Chief Leon Panetta told NBC .

"Enhanced interrogation techniques" were used to extract information that led to the mission's success, Panetta said during an interview with anchor Brian Williams. Those techniques included waterboarding, he acknowledged.

CIA chief: Waterboarding aided bin Laden raid - World news - Death of bin Laden - msnbc.com

Very well said Diamond Dave. Very well said indeed.

I have not provided 1 single person's vision though, but that of dozens and dozens of experts, including the very top military interrogators in the war on terror, a current military interrogator in Afghanistan, as well as high-ranking interrogators from both the CIA and FBI and a waterboarding expert who runs the SERE program. Not to mention the CIA's inspector general, the second-highest ranking terrorism expert at the State Department, and Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld who despite being a torture advocate is clear torture was not involved in acquiring the intel that got us OBL.

In addition to all those individuals, there are the official conclusions of entire reputable organizations with many years experience and evaluation of the subject like the Senate Armed Services Committee, the U.S. Army, and the FBI.

To counter this remarkable consensus of experts, DD and the rest of those who support the use of torture have offered no such expert opinions from interrogators, agents with personal experience, or reputable military or intelligence organizations who disagree.

If there is another case to be made, you must make it, as the only one presently available, complete with vertiginous mountains of evidence, concludes torture proponents are dead wrong.

Find me US military interrogators or other respectable and experienced experts on the subject who think torture works. If you can't find individuals and organizations with this level of expertise who think waterboarding is worthwhile then it should stand to reason for all that it isn't.
Nobody was tortured, they were waterboarded

Rumsfeld siad that no waterboaring occured at GITMO, and that militray personnel never waterboarded anybody.....He has said several times this past week in many interviews, that watreboarding occured in secret prisons by the CIA, and that bits of information were gleened that eventually helped lead to the capture of Bin Laden.

So, yes, waterboarding worked. And the future threat of it in the minds of those who were waterboarded in the past, no doubt led to further cooperation by them. It helped break them down.

You can deny it until the comes come home....Fact is, all the liberal's loony hero's out there, including BHO, vociferously claimed that Bush's policies didn't work, nor did waterboarding. They have been proven yet again to be abjectlky wrong on yet another damn issue. And it is driving the liberal apologists friggin' bonkers........GOOD!.....It's about time they wake the fuck up to the realities of the situation. Al qaeda is not going away. They will continue to try and attack us. And all measures necessary must be used to avoid the loss of innocent american life.........I care about my fellow american citizens, and don't give a rats ass what the terrorists, the loony liberal idiots, or rest of the world thinks.

This palooka is so EFFING partisan that he doesn't even recognize WTF he's saying.

Either liberals aren't fellow American citizens, or they are terrorists.

Yet the DUNCE begins by claiming to care for "fellow american citizens."

What a wicked JACKA$$!!

I have not provided 1 single person's vision though, but that of dozens and dozens of experts, including the very top military interrogators in the war on terror, a current military interrogator in Afghanistan, as well as high-ranking interrogators from both the CIA and FBI and a waterboarding expert who runs the SERE program. Not to mention the CIA's inspector general, the second-highest ranking terrorism expert at the State Department, and Secretary of Defense Donald Rumsfeld who despite being a torture advocate is clear torture was not involved in acquiring the intel that got us OBL.

In addition to all those individuals, there are the official conclusions of entire reputable organizations with many years experience and evaluation of the subject like the Senate Armed Services Committee, the U.S. Army, and the FBI.

To counter this remarkable consensus of experts, DD and the rest of those who support the use of torture have offered no such expert opinions from interrogators, agents with personal experience, or reputable military or intelligence organizations who disagree.

If there is another case to be made, you must make it, as the only one presently available, complete with vertiginous mountains of evidence, concludes torture proponents are dead wrong.

Find me US military interrogators or other respectable and experienced experts on the subject who think torture works. If you can't find individuals and organizations with this level of expertise who think waterboarding is worthwhile then it should stand to reason for all that it isn't.
Nobody was tortured, they were waterboarded

Rumsfeld siad that no waterboaring occured at GITMO, and that militray personnel never waterboarded anybody.....He has said several times this past week in many interviews, that watreboarding occured in secret prisons by the CIA, and that bits of information were gleened that eventually helped lead to the capture of Bin Laden.

So, yes, waterboarding worked. And the future threat of it in the minds of those who were waterboarded in the past, no doubt led to further cooperation by them. It helped break them down.

You can deny it until the comes come home....Fact is, all the liberal's loony hero's out there, including BHO, vociferously claimed that Bush's policies didn't work, nor did waterboarding. They have been proven yet again to be abjectlky wrong on yet another damn issue. And it is driving the liberal apologists friggin' bonkers........GOOD!.....It's about time they wake the fuck up to the realities of the situation. Al qaeda is not going away. They will continue to try and attack us. And all measures necessary must be used to avoid the loss of innocent american life.........I care about my fellow american citizens, and don't give a rats ass what the terrorists, the loony liberal idiots, or rest of the world thinks.

This palooka is so EFFING partisan that he doesn't even recognize WTF he's saying.

Either liberals aren't fellow American citizens, or they are terrorists.

Yet the DUNCE begins by claiming to care for "fellow american citizens."

What a wicked JACKA$$!!

Soooooooo, show me where I said that I don't consider liberals my fellow americans, and that liberals are terrorists, moonbat?

Just because many liberals are complete fucking idiots, as evidenced by you on a constant basis, does not mean they are not my fellow americans........ Yeah I care about liberals, all while laughing at their abject ignorance and stupidity.

and

normal_dumb.jpg

After reading some of the posts, I don't know why I am surprised at some of the iggnorant rederick still going on with right-wingers although I do understand why.Conservatives that speak out against Obama, whether on a message board like this to the right wing political pundits,radio and Fox talk show hosts,Hannity,Beck,Limbaugh and anyone who shares his mind set in hoping Obama will fail...all have had a rough couple of weeks.You all didn't get all the egg wiped off your face after Obama came out with his 'legitimate'birth certicate (for the 2nd time) just to get egged again after the news broke that 6 Navy Seals had found and killed Osama UNDER THE COMMAND OF OBAMA, not Bush. It's just downright entertaining watching and listening to right winged raticals spin,twist and just downright lie because they are so racist...party racist. You know what? You lost. MCain/Palin lost. Get over it already. I mean come on, I read a post on this page saying Obama should be impeached and tried for war crimes because he ordered the raid and 'unarmed man"was shot in front of his wife and son.Are you freakin' kidding me? Really? Is that the best you can do? OBL was the worlds No#1 public enemy.I thought I had heard it all when Limbaugh actually defended the pirates (that was holding a US captin hostage),by saying Obama had killed two innocent Muslim teenagers after a very sucessful rescue. Let me guess, I bet ya think Obama's birth certificate is a fake too,right? And conservatives are supposed to be the christian moral right,I can't believe some of the most putrid hateful venom that spews from the right.

and

normal_dumb.jpg

Hmmm, logic and truth really escapes you.:lol: Stop being a Loser, become a Liberal.

After reading some of the posts, I don't know why I am surprised at some of the iggnorant rederick still going on with right-wingers although I do understand why.Conservatives that speak out against Obama, whether on a message board like this to the right wing political pundits,radio and Fox talk show hosts,Hannity,Beck,Limbaugh and anyone who shares his mind set in hoping Obama will fail...all have had a rough couple of weeks.You all didn't get all the egg wiped off your face after Obama came out with his 'legitimate'birth certicate (for the 2nd time) just to get egged again after the news broke that 6 Navy Seals had found and killed Osama UNDER THE COMMAND OF OBAMA, not Bush. It's just downright entertaining watching and listening to right winged raticals spin,twist and just downright lie because they are so racist...party racist. You know what? You lost. MCain/Palin lost. Get over it already. I mean come on, I read a post on this page saying Obama should be impeached and tried for war crimes because he ordered the raid and 'unarmed man"was shot in front of his wife and son.Are you freakin' kidding me? Really? Is that the best you can do? OBL was the worlds No#1 public enemy.I thought I had heard it all when Limbaugh actually defended the pirates (that was holding a US captin hostage),by saying Obama had killed two innocent Muslim teenagers after a very sucessful rescue. Let me guess, I bet ya think Obama's birth certificate is a fake too,right? And conservatives are supposed to be the christian moral right,I can't believe some of the most putrid hateful venom that spews from the right.

6 Navy Seals had found and killed Osama

What a moron, it wasn't 6 navy Seals it was SEAL team 6

I thought I had heard it all when Limbaugh actually defended the pirates (that was holding a US captin hostage),by saying Obama had killed two innocent Muslim teenagers after a very sucessful rescue.

After you embellished the last part I would like to see proof to your accusation against Rush Limbaugh.

and

Hahaha!!!

What a FOOL!!!

Dumb CONT.

First there is the thing ware you used a Wiki definition. You should know(since you are an expert on information and all) that any Wiki source is not reliable. The reason being that you can define what ever you want how ever you want. Second, I provided the definition of torture from the Webster on line dictionary. The methods used in that definition were NOT used in gathering intelligence from terrorists. Now, Aside from water boarding, NONE of the methods used by the CIA or Military are any different then what our civilian law enforcement uses to get info from common thugs. That they are operating outside the law is a lie that you political trolls continue to spew regardless of any facts that are presented to you. Many on both sides of this argument are clueless as to what constitutes torture and harsh interrogation which is used by American Law enforcement.

and

The name of the courier who eventually led the CIA to Bin Laden. You know, the one critical piece of information they needed.
What's his name then?

Forum List

Back