rightwing whackjob's take on the stimulus bill

I would be much less comfortable if somebody sat before the committee and appeared cocksure he could fix this mess.

They are going to do stuff that will be helptful to some of us, and not so helpful to any of us because they simply do NOT know how to fix this mess, folks.

They are trying to mitigate the problemsassociated with our broken capitalist system, but since this capitalist system is unlike any other capitalist system we have ever had, they are taking stabs in the dark based on their very limited understanding of what's really happening.

I am not happy with what I see being done, but then I was even less happy with what they have allowed and encouraged to be done to our system that got us into this mess to begin with.

If we really wanted to fix this system we really ought to start off by shooting some of the greedy CEOs who rode their banks into the ground and then took enormous salaries despite completely incompetent.

Oh, it's the board of directors who are responsible for that, you say?

Okay, shoot those fucking idiots, too, then.
I think I'd prefer to shoot the idiots in congress.

But.... who would companies, like GM, pay off to get special benefits? D:

And who would take money out of the economy, ensuring layoffs? $800 billion dollars could employ 20 million people at $40k a year... as opposed to the 3 million Obama wants employed.

And who would let the Federal Reserve do what they want with distorting markets, allowing bubbles to form, with no oversight?

Actually, that sounds like a good plan.

Well, you know what they say, Mash. --Every idiot has a simple solution to a complex problem that will NOT work.

The above is mine.

It won't solve anything because for every idiot CEO there are ten VPs just waiting to make the same mistakes so they too can grab the golden ring.

Nothing gets solved in this mess until we fix the problem of too many American workers who cannot find productive work in order to BE the consumers that our current system needs so deperately.

I would be much less comfortable if somebody sat before the committee and appeared cocksure he could fix this mess.

They are going to do stuff that will be helptful to some of us, and not so helpful to any of us because they simply do NOT know how to fix this mess, folks.

They are trying to mitigate the problemsassociated with our broken capitalist system, but since this capitalist system is unlike any other capitalist system we have ever had, they are taking stabs in the dark based on their very limited understanding of what's really happening.

I am not happy with what I see being done, but then I was even less happy with what they have allowed and encouraged to be done to our system that got us into this mess to begin with.

If we really wanted to fix this system we really ought to start off by shooting some of the greedy CEOs who rode their banks into the ground and then took enormous salaries despite completely incompetent.

I would have been comfortable with some one like a Mitt Romney...He knew business inside and out. The media played up McCain like the second coming, because they feared Romney. I would rather have a business person in the White House than any lawyer any day of the week. I think what bothers me more is that the "messiah" takes his marching orders from a bunch of lawyers. This is the train wreck.

President Obama blew it.

He 'Screwed up' royaly and here is how he did it.

He got on national tv and said more or less 'America is doomed if we don't pass this stimulus and we don't know if it's going to work'.

Obama's strength was that people believed in him...they believed he could fix the economy and he threw that away to get Pelosi's package passed.

Republicans have employed a strategy of letting the Democrats sink or swim with this package. It's a bit risky if the stimulus actually works, or more likely, the economy begins to recover in ways that have nothing to do with fiscal stimulus but they try and take credit for it, anyway. But more than likely 2009 is not going to offer much of anything in a recovery, just a bottoming out that will be stubborn to improve and Republicans can claim with real certainty that it simply did not work.....which it won't.

I would have been comfortable with some one like a Mitt Romney...He knew business inside and out. The media played up McCain like the second coming, because they feared Romney. I would rather have a business person in the White House than any lawyer any day of the week. I think what bothers me more is that the "messiah" takes his marching orders from a bunch of lawyers. This is the train wreck.

Well, he does have a law degree..........

Remember how clueless Bill Clinton was in 1993? Then he started pushing stupid programs like Hillary-care and the voters realized they needed a change in Congress. Once Republicans took over Congress in 1995, everything started working much better. Hopefully the same thing will happen today. Let's face it, the Republicans brought this on themselves and the country. Now we all get to suffer for at least a couple of years because of their ineptitude.

I fear too many people are now looking for government to be their parents (remember pony-tail guy asking Clinton to be his mommy/daddy?). We may have crossed a line that is hard to recover from (look at all the beggars and thieves from the presidential debates asking for government to feed them and wipe their ass).

I agree. A certain "critical mass" may already have been reached. The bigger the government, the more government employees who will vote for big government to keep their jobs. That coupled with the 'entitlement generation' and the 'good intentioned people without brains' will push us over the edge. I have to admit, I'm wondering how I might be able to financially benefit for the Obama/Reid/Pelosi entitlement bill. Sometimes the problem is so big there's nothing anyone can do.

I think I'd prefer to shoot the idiots in congress.

But.... who would companies, like GM, pay off to get special benefits? D:

And who would take money out of the economy, ensuring layoffs? $800 billion dollars could employ 20 million people at $40k a year... as opposed to the 3 million Obama wants employed.

And who would let the Federal Reserve do what they want with distorting markets, allowing bubbles to form, with no oversight?

Actually, that sounds like a good plan.

Well, you know what they say, Mash. --Every idiot has a simple solution to a complex problem that will NOT work.

The above is mine.

It won't solve anything because for every idiot CEO there are ten VPs just waiting to make the same mistakes so they too can grab the golden ring.

Nothing gets solved in this mess until we fix the problem of too many American workers who cannot find productive work in order to BE the consumers that our current system needs so deperately.

Kind of like the idea that printing and throwing money at the problem will solve all problems and not incur the destruction of the dollar and our entire economic system? For some reason, these idiots keep getting reelected, and their stupidity is not limited to one party.

Nothing gets solved until we fixed the system, indeed. There's too much warfare, too much welfare, and too much jobs being destroyed because the government would rather spend money than see people employed.

Remember how clueless Bill Clinton was in 1993? Then he started pushing stupid programs like Hillary-care and the voters realized they needed a change in Congress. Once Republicans took over Congress in 1995, everything started working much better. Hopefully the same thing will happen today. Let's face it, the Republicans brought this on themselves and the country. Now we all get to suffer for at least a couple of years because of their ineptitude.

I fear too many people are now looking for government to be their parents (remember pony-tail guy asking Clinton to be his mommy/daddy?). We may have crossed a line that is hard to recover from (look at all the beggars and thieves from the presidential debates asking for government to feed them and wipe their ass).

I agree. A certain "critical mass" may already have been reached. The bigger the government, the more government employees who will vote for big government to keep their jobs. That coupled with the 'entitlement generation' and the 'good intentioned people without brains' will push us over the edge. I have to admit, I'm wondering how I might be able to financially benefit for the Obama/Reid/Pelosi entitlement bill. Sometimes the problem is so big there's nothing anyone can do.
The only people more screwed than me are the responsible children I raised.

• Thanks
Reactions: del

Well I know how ya 'feel' about fairness; I mean you being a moderate, centrist progressive and all... so out of fairness don't ya think ya need to start raving about how ya want to shoot certain legislators that forced to sue banks that did not loan money to people in certain undesirable areas, which lead to guarranteeing those loans through their privately owned federal mortgage institutions? Of course to do THAT you'd be visited by the Feds who protect them from people who threaten to shoot them...

Boing Zoom... would you applaud her for threatening to shoot leftist legislators? Or do you feel that it's OK to threaten the lives of people who reacted, albeit foolishly... to leftist policy? (not that there's any leftist policy wherein reacting favorably to it is not foolish...)

Forum List

Back