Righties: Is this justified?

Two women were subjected to a body cavity search right beside the highway in Rick Perry's Texas.

Not surprisingly, they've filed a lawsuit.

What do you true-Blue, law and order types have to say about it? Justified, or an unjustified outrage?

Texas women file lawsuit after DPS body search | News - Home
According to the article the Trooper smelled Marijuana which gave her Reasonable Suspicion to search her and the area under her control.

Now when the TSA reaches down your pants looking for Al Qaida before you get on a plane, THAT'S an illegal search, a violation of your 4th Amendment rights. Why? Because there's no Reasonable Suspicion or Probable Cause.
did it give her the right to do a cavity search? or would the law have required, assuming there had been cause, that they arrest the women and bring them in to be searched? and wouldn't there have had to be a basis?

as for TSA, different standard b/c these women weren't going to bring a bomb on a plane.

but thanks for the attempt at obfuscation.

and allow me to say that if it had been a TSO, the rightwingers would have had a dozen hysterical threads already.
That was a body cavity search? Looked like she felt the "folds of flesh" where a druggie would hide drugs. The Trooper even called a Female Trooper in to do it. Good luck with any Lawsuit there.

There are no "different standards" for the TSA. Either you have the 4th Amendment or you don't. Either there is Reasonable Suspicion, Probable Cause, or there isn't.

Buying a ticket and getting on a plane is NOT PC or RS. Seems you've forgotten about "innocent until proven guilty" haven't you?

But not to worry. By 2016, given the actions of the 'Conservatives' in Texas, and the changing demographics, Texas may well be as blue a Florida.

According to the article the Trooper smelled Marijuana which gave her Reasonable Suspicion to search her and the area under her control.

Now when the TSA reaches down your pants looking for Al Qaida before you get on a plane, THAT'S an illegal search, a violation of your 4th Amendment rights. Why? Because there's no Reasonable Suspicion or Probable Cause.
did it give her the right to do a cavity search? or would the law have required, assuming there had been cause, that they arrest the women and bring them in to be searched? and wouldn't there have had to be a basis?

as for TSA, different standard b/c these women weren't going to bring a bomb on a plane.

and allow me to say that if it had been a TSO, the rightwingers would have had a dozen hysterical threads already.
That was a body cavity search? Looked like she felt the "folds of flesh" where a druggie would hide drugs. The Trooper even called a Female Trooper in to do it. Good luck with any Lawsuit there.

There are no "different standards" for the TSA. Either you have the 4th Amendment or you don't. Either there is Reasonable Suspicion, Probable Cause, or there isn't.

Buying a ticket and getting on a plane is NOT PC or RS. Seems you've forgotten about "innocent until proven guilty" haven't you?

again, not justified in public... there was no exigent circumstances and no basis for the search.

and if you actually read the article, you'll see that the officers had no policy regarding such searches... BECAUSE THEY'RE INAPPROPRIATE.

why are you defending this?

i'm curious.

again, not justified in public... there was no exigent circumstances and no basis for the search.

and if you actually read the article, you'll see that the officers had no policy regarding such searches... BECAUSE THEY'RE INAPPROPRIATE.

i'm curious.
"Exigent Circumstances"? That means "emergency" Jill. That allows L.E. to enter a building without a Warrant.

How the fuck does that apply here? Thank goodness you're not a Lawyer!

As I've already stated, the Trooper smelled Marijuana, THAT gave him AT LEAST Reasonable Suspicion. He called a Female Trooper in to search to woman (good call)

And you know what? There WAS NO Body Cavity search! Those are done at a Medical Facility! Or at least at a Booking or a Correctional Facility.

And guess what? Because there's no policy concerning searches, he didn't violate any policy! It looks like he followed the training he received at the Academy and during his OJT!

Looks to me like the Trooper (Male AND Female) did their jobs correctly!

Again, good luck with any Lawsuit there because as a Juror, I'd find the Troopers Not Guilty, of ANYTHING!

i'm curious.
"Exigent Circumstances"? That means "emergency" Jill. That allows L.E. to enter a building without a Warrant.

How the fuck does that apply here? Thank goodness you're not a Lawyer!

As I've already stated, the Trooper smelled Marijuana, THAT gave him AT LEAST Reasonable Suspicion. He called a Female Trooper in to search to woman (good call)

And you know what? There WAS NO Body Cavity search! Those are done at a Medical Facility! Or at least at a Booking or a Correctional Facility.

And guess what? Because there's no policy concerning searches, he didn't violate any policy! It looks like he followed the training he received at the Academy and during his OJT!

Looks to me like the Trooper (Male AND Female) did their jobs correctly!

Again, good luck with any Lawsuit there because as a Juror, I'd find the Troopers Not Guilty, of ANYTHING!

yeah, but you're not rational on this subject.

and i know what exigent circumstances are... i'm the one who used the term because it's one of the exceptions to a warrant requirement for a search. it would require they can't be brought back for a search... they could have been.

let someone put a gloved hand up your butt and see if you don't call it a cavity search.

they didn't come close to following the law and you should be able to distinguish.

and, again, you're being a hypocrite because if this WERE TSA, you'd be fauxraging all over the place and demanding lawsuits.

A woman tosses a cigarette out of her car window.

The next thing you know, the gestapo are plumbing her ass.

God bless Texas.

Last edited:
This happens every day at airports throughout the United States to the Flying Public mauled by TSA but yet there is no outrage from the Left about theses searches.
Both kinds are illegal and the offenders should be charge with a crime

But in order to not offend islamic men and women.....liberals made sure every person that goes to the airport is subject to being prodded by the TSA....especially old people and kids in wheelchairs.

Profiling islamic terrorists is evil, mean spirited....so everyone must be profiled.

Good job, asswipe.

Two women were subjected to a body cavity search right beside the highway in Rick Perry's Texas.

What do you true-Blue, law and order types have to say about it? Justified, or an unjustified outrage?

But in order to not offend islamic men and women.....liberals made sure every person that goes to the airport is subject to being prodded by the TSA....especially old people and kids in wheelchairs.

Profiling islamic terrorists is evil, mean spirited....so everyone must be profiled.

Good job, asswipe

just for the nutbars like you, not profiling has nothing to do with not causing offense... it has to do with a constitutional requirement of equal protection under the law.

pssst... that means even if you're a muslim... also for the nutbars like you.

but this thread isn't about TSA, is it, nutbar?

nope it isn't...

Totally over the top, Im wondering if the cop was over zealous, or if it's badly written policy to blame.

I doubt it's policy, but it wouldn't surprise me. The Texas DPS is well-known for this kind of stuff, or worse. If you don't think so, ask any truck driver.

Uh when the police have credible evidence/profiles that you are a criminal....you get special treatment.

Gay women like you working at the TSA so that you can feel up other women isn't making the world safer.

Good job, asswipe

just for the nutbars like you, not profiling has nothing to do with not causing offense... it has to do with a constitutional requirement of equal protection under the law.

pssst... that means even if you're a muslim... also for the nutbars like you.

but this thread isn't about TSA, is it, nutbar?

nope it isn't...

This happens every day at airports throughout the United States to the Flying Public mauled by TSA but yet there is no outrage from the Left about theses searches.
Both kinds are illegal and the offenders should be charge with a crime

I am of the opinion that millimeter wave scanner searches should not be legal until every Congressman, Senator, Justice of the Supreme Court, and President who approves of these devices posts the millimeter wave scanner photographs of not only themselves, but also those of their spouses and children, online.

And I think every political candidate who runs for office who approves these searches should do the same. It should be as expected as producing your tax returns, birth certificate, and college records.

I think every self-respecting journalist should make it a standard question during any interview of a politician for them to produce their wives' and children's millimeter wave scanner photos.

Last edited:

No, the trooper SAID he smelled marijuana, which isn't exactly the same thing. Making up an excuse for a search is just about standard procedure. Let me give you a for instance involving the DPS and a different kind of search.

One stopped me one out near Midland, TX. I was going eastbound at about 70 mph and he was going westbound at about the same speed. He flipped over and stopped me for "reasonable suspicion" safety check. Know what his "reasonable suspicion" was? He claimed he spotted a bolt missing from the right, rear trailer mudflap bracket!

To see that while going the other way at a combined closing speed of 140 mph is either pretty damn good eye site or a totally bogus excuse to stop me and try to find something to write a ticket for. (He failed)

What do you think?

Forum List

Back