Right wingers: Would you support repealing all laws requiring business permits???

PNot a right winger, but my answer is abso-fucking-lutely. And while you are at it remove confiscatory taxation, restore Capitalism and Free Enterprise.p.
So you'd be fine if a strip club opened on your street? Next to a liquor store and gun shop????Also....you'd say just end taxing all together? How would we function withoutsome type of government? Should people even govern themselves at all? Or just have a free-for-all, survivial of the fittest and luckiest society?

Lol there are already many places with all those places next to one another and I believe they got permits.

On your street? THAT'S the question.

Pretty simple question here. Almost every city and county has laws requiring you to get a business permit to...well, open and operate a business.

Right wingers: I ask you, being ideologically consistent, would you support your local city or county repealing this law? So anyone could open a business without a business permit??

Surely you would NOT support the idea that in our great country, one must GET THE GOVERNMENTS PERMISSION to simply open a business. Right?

Should our government be THAT powerful? To be able to grant, or withold, permission to simply open a beloved private sector business?

I suspect, if you are ideologically consistent, you'll begin to rally the local governments to repeal all laws requiring a business permit.

Ever wonder why earthquakes don't kill 300,000 people in America?
Ever wonder why monkeys don't fly out your butt?

So when asked should we have this law...or not...your vote would be "present" like Obama? Not acceptable.

So...should you have to ask the govt for permission to open a business in your own city?

Toad, the only people who would support 'repealing all laws' regarding business permits are the narco-Libertarians, and they are of course more Left that 'right winger' - even though they refuse to admit it.

You're talking about me, nimrod. How am I a "left-winger?"
Meh...It gave a neocon a chance to say "narco-libertarian"...Just move on. ;)

Pretty simple question here. Almost every city and county has laws requiring you to get a business permit to...well, open and operate a business.

Right wingers: I ask you, being ideologically consistent, would you support your local city or county repealing this law? So anyone could open a business without a business permit??

Surely you would NOT support the idea that in our great country, one must GET THE GOVERNMENTS PERMISSION to simply open a business. Right?

Should our government be THAT powerful? To be able to grant, or withold, permission to simply open a beloved private sector business?

I suspect, if you are ideologically consistent, you'll begin to rally the local governments to repeal all laws requiring a business permit.

Because you're hoarding them all in yours? :dunno:

Yeah, when goverment has power it will abuse it. I think it was chicago that refused a building permit for chick fil a just because the owner believed marrige should be between a man and woman. Chick fil a doesn't descriminate against hiring gays, only his personal opion. Are you talking about that kinda power on permits? No, goverment shouldn't have that kind of power. Especially liberals.

Never even occurs to me to think about it. I guess that's how conservatives spend their waking moments. Thinking about nonsense.

The correct answer to the question is that we have building codes which are strictly enforced. Another word for building codes is regulation.

How about eliimation of building codes and zoning requirements.

You rwers okay with that?

Florence-David-Michelangelo.jpg

Yo, you got a marble permit, Mikey?

Loliberals need their own country

Never even occurs to me to think about it. I guess that's how conservatives spend their waking moments. Thinking about nonsense.

The correct answer to the question is that we have building codes which are strictly enforced. Another word for building codes is regulation.
No less nonsense than your inference that the only thing stopping 300,000 Americans from getting killed in an earthquake are gubmint regulations.

Oh, and they're not the only ones who could enforce such things as building codes...Insurers could deal with that job quite handily.

:lmao:

You don't even get your own post. So people wouldn't be smart enough to build buildings on their own that could withstand earthquakes, they only do that because government makes us. Yeah government.

The funny part is how you said "conservatives" spend their time ... thinking about nonsense ...

And you said it to a libertarian. Clueless is as clueless does, isn't that so mustang?

Liberals are total morons, they think that without permits, restaurants would serve stale skanky food because that's how they maximize profits.

Fucking morons

Um, because the last big earthquake was in 1905

The Richmond VA earthquake this past summer make my building in NYC rock about 2 inches...had it been a bigger earthquake...

A business licence means NOTHING to consumer protection. It is a MARKER thrown down by the government to stake claims to TAX YOU as a proper business.

Same way that driver's licensing is not about citizen protection..

And Supreme Kudos to OddBall for pointing out the hideous charade of "professional" licensing. As tho a florist or an African style hair braider is gonna kill folks. AGAIN -- not about safety and PUBLIC protection. It's about PROTECTION all right -- but in this case -- it's protection of the guilds and cartels that RUN that sector of business....

:lmao:

You don't even get your own post. So people wouldn't be smart enough to build buildings on their own that could withstand earthquakes, they only do that because government makes us. Yeah government.

The funny part is how you said "conservatives" spend their time ... thinking about nonsense ...

And you said it to a libertarian. Clueless is as clueless does, isn't that so mustang?

You think people worry about earthquakes? Without regulation, contractors would cut corners (unseen by potential homeowners). Concrete would have a higher percentage of sand. Frames would not be as strong. The wiring wouldn't be up to carrying heavier loads (possibility of fire). The insulation (against both temperature and sound) wouldn't be present. Floor joists would likely be further apart, resulting in sagging floors after a few years.

Plumbing would be slipshod and likely leak before too long.

You get the picture.

Individuals who were contracting someone to build a home would elect to cut out things to reduce costs, thinking that it wouldn't really matter THAT much.

Of course, building inspectors in foreign countries are routinely bought off. I guess that could happen here too. But we wouldn't need inspectors if there weren't any regulation, would we?

The test should whether the regulation is directed toward public safety or whether it is directed toward raising revenue. All regulations related to revenue raising should be repealed.

But yet in earthquake prone San Fran peninsula, they allow building (to code) on ground that is KNOWN to liquify in a quake. 1/2 of Sun Microsystems, Google, E-Bay and others are allowed to build on ground that will WIPE OUT any advantage of building code in a severe quake.. Why do you suppose that is?

GASPPP .. You don't suppose it's GOVERNMENT cutting corners to make a few more BUCKS in TAXES -- do you???

Forum List

Back