Right wing militia detains 200 migrants at gun point on New Mexico!! HELL YEAH!

Discussion in 'Immigration/Illegal Immigration' started by Jitss617, Apr 19, 2019.

1. Correll

Correll Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +35,277

1. The millions of illegals that cross the border without being interacted with by the government is not "enforcing". THe millions that come here and over stay, without ever being followed up on, without or without due process, is not "Enforcing".

2. THe ruling was a stupid and wrong rulings. Whether it is overturned or not, that is still the case. Hopefully it will be reversed at somepoint, though the damage to the nation my already be mortal.

3. Labor participation is rising steadily. We must be doing something right. Let's keep doing it, and see what happens. I am happy to consider reforms on criminal records, as an additional help.

4 . Not allowing foreigners to flood the US labor market, is not a racial or ethnic quota system.

2. Porter Rockwell

Porter Rockwell VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,209
    Correll my quote reply feature isn't working. But here is your reply

Correll,

You and I will NEVER agree. At the founding of this country the Declaration of Independence proclaimed:

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all menare created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

By the time we get to the Constitution, our ancestors had this to say:

"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity..."

There are two interpretations between these two. In the Declaration of Independence, Liberty is a gift from the Creator (your God, whomever you deem that to be.) It is unalienable which means it is above the reach of government. Government has NO JURISDICTION over unalienable Rights.

In the Constitution, we created the equivalent of a contract between we, the people, and that entity called government. That contract applied only to the posterity of the white race and that entity called government. (See the United States Supreme Court decision Dred Scott v. Sanford)

The 14th Amendment nullified the ruling in Dred Scott v. Sanford. The 14th Amendment guarantees to ALL PERSONS (not citizens) the now privilege (NOT RIGHT) ofLiberty.

It's obvious to me that you have not studied law or history so you don't know which of those positions you are taking. But, so far what you articulate is the third position. Government grants you your rights? Is that your position? So, you have NO Rights... no Right to own a firearm, no Right to choose your own religion (or no religion), no Right to Freedom of Speech or Privacy; no Right to Due Process, etc. You're going to put government in charge of that? Really? So, what you're arguing is that government is in the Rights granting business? I want you think about where you stand on this and get back to me. The balance of your post is in my next reply.

3. Labor participation is rising steadily. We must be doing something right. Let's keep doing it, and see what happens. I am happy to consider reforms on criminal records, as an additional help.

4 . Not allowing foreigners to flood the US labor market, is not a racial or ethnic quota system.
    I am responding to numbers 2 through 4, my first reply to number precedes this. Hopefully this works:

2) I have quoted United States Supreme Court rulings. Under our Constitution the United States Supreme Court does not have the authority to reverse their rulings. That is legislating from the bench. Yes, they do it and yes, Trump stacked the Court hoping they would change precedents. I know this will fly over your head, but Kamala Harris has said if she becomes president, she will use Executive Orders to put America out of the gun business... she won't stop there. Being a second generation immigrant, she disagrees with you 100 percent.

There will be life after Trump. A Democrat will eventually come to power. Now how much leeway you give them is up to you, but when the liberals use YOUR precedents against you, then you might begin to understand why what you're advocating is foolish

3) If you think that we're doing is working, keep doing it and abandon this silliness that it can only take place with a wall. You just testified against your own wallist religion

4) Denying people the equal protection of the laws is unconstitutional, Correll. Furthermore, the current laws were put into place to disenfranchise the white people and then those quotas would be used to help the Republic implode. The laws did exactly what they were supposed to do. You have to decide what side of the issue you're really on. So far you've disagreed with real conservatives like Ronald Reagan - who opposed the nutty wall idea AND opposed quotas.

3. Correll

Correll Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +35,277

1. The Declaration states that RIghts are god given. That the Constitution provides a "contract" between the people and the government to "secure the blessings" of those rights is not the same as GRANTING those rights. I don't see a contradiction there.

2. A court can reverse previous rulings. That is NOT "legislating from the bench". Trump, filling vacancies is not "stacking" the court, but normal filling of vacancies.

I reject your argument that the lefties care about precedence. When they get the power, they will use it, whether they have to ignore the law, and/or precedent or not. We already see this type of behavior.

3. What we are doing in the context of labor participation is working and we should do more of it. That was unfair of you to take that out of context to another issue. A wall will help do more of restricting labor pool, to get rising wages.

4. Foreigners do not have the right to come to this country. That is not an equal protection of the law issue. They have the full rights of citizens in their own countries. I have no right to move to, say Bermuda and become a citizen there.