Right-Wing Media Push Misleading Stat That WI Public Employees Make More Than Private

Are you saying that public teachers are overpaid or admitting that private schools underpay their teachers? Let's look at a few things.

Public teachers must be credentialed by their state and that pretty much means at least 5 years of college. Private school teachers do not have to be credentialled at all.

Public school teachers have to continue their education and renew credentials occasionally at the behest of their state....private school teachers do not.

Yes, public school teachers can get tenure after a few years....private school teachers cannot...private schools can hire and fire at will...they also pick and choose their clientele and many teachers will tell you that is WORTH the lesser pay.

Look at whatever you want, and I will point out facts. Private school teachers who have the exact same level of continuing education, degrees, and experience make less than public sector teachers. Private sector schools also out preform public sectors schools across the board as far as graduation and test scores go. Private sector teachers work the same hours for less money, and do a better job. The only conceivable explanation for that is that, even if private sector teachers are underpaid, public sector teachers are overpaid.

By the way, some private sector schools do give tenure, and some even have unions. My guess is most of your assumptions about private sector schools are wrong.
I welcome any evidence of that being true.

Any evidence?

I teach in a Lutheran School and have tenure. However, I think that practice varies from school to school
I teach in a private school in the east and I have tenure (been there 5 years) and am part of the union. I guess it all depends.

Do private schools give tenure? - ProTeacher Community

Forum List

Back