Right-Wing Media Push Misleading Stat That WI Public Employees Make More Than Private

Flaylo

Handsome Devil
Feb 10, 2010
In some grass near you
Right-Wing Media Push Misleading Stat That WI Public Employees Make More Than Private Workers | Media Matters for America

epi-20110218-wiwagesedu.jpg

:lol:

:cuckoo:

Public school teachers make, on average, $13,540 more each year than private school teachers, and that does not even factor in the benefits that private school teachers do not usually get. This applies across the board, and is consistent regardless of race, gender, education, or time in the job.

Average salaries for full-time teachers in public and private elementary and secondary schools, by selected characteristics: 2007-08

But you insist that public sector workers are not overpaid.

Are you saying that public teachers are overpaid or admitting that private schools underpay their teachers? Let's look at a few things.

Public teachers must be credentialed by their state and that pretty much means at least 5 years of college. Private school teachers do not have to be credentialled at all.

Public school teachers have to continue their education and renew credentials occasionally at the behest of their state....private school teachers do not.

Yes, public school teachers can get tenure after a few years....private school teachers cannot...private schools can hire and fire at will...they also pick and choose their clientele and many teachers will tell you that is WORTH the lesser pay.

It seem pretty clear to me what he is saying.

Plus, in WI, they get pensions completetly paid for by the taxpayers, and have to pay a much smaller percentage of their health care than the private sector.

Teachers have a sweet gig for the most part quit trying to play it off like its some horrible job. Geeze.

Which sector is responsible for America's GDP, and economic growth? Private Sector.

Which sector is responsible for the drain on America's wealth? Public Sector.

Without the private sector, there is no fucking public sector. Live with it.

Which sector is responsible for America's GDP, and economic growth? Private Sector.

Which sector is responsible for the drain on America's wealth? Public Sector.

Without the private sector, there is no fucking public sector. Live with it.

This is so elementary to our Society. You have to wonder why there are so many that wish it changed? People getting used to others paying their way? People not thinking it through down to the ramifications? Laziness? All the above?

The wife pays $700.00 a month towards health care for her and our kids. Union folks pay how much ? The wife pays 100% of her pension, unions pay how much into there pensions ? When the Wife retires she will rely on her pension, unions receive full pay and benefits. The unions have out lived there purpose and it is time to put an end to them.

The author of this thread is the stupidest moron on the board............inability to read the Tea Leaves.

Providence Rhode Island announced today it is laying off 1,500 teachers.

The day of the free rides of public employee unions is over. This meathead posting up non-sense thread after non-sense thread isnt going to do dick to stop it...........the private sector is sick of this shit and has zero sympathy. A fact..........plus, the public is sick and tired of all these dues going to support Democrats. A good chucnk of the "Stimulus" was about just that = saving public employee union workers so that a big chunk of their dues could go back into making sure 2012 campaign contributions keep coming in to liberal leaders running for office. Its a fcukking racket...............and people are done.

This whole debacle is the best thing in years for the GOP...........I urge the stupid union people to keep protesting.

Last edited:
Well I was in grade school for 13 years so I have some experience with teachers. And its definately no more difficult than any other job people go to college and get a degree to do. In fact I would say its probably better with all of the vacation days.

Pretty ironic that fayzie quotes ultra left wing Soros blogs for their opinion of alleged right wing media opinion. That's life under liberalism.

Yeah Yeah... you know what I mean. haha. My bad. Grade school AND High School for 13 Years.

Are you saying that public teachers are overpaid or admitting that private schools underpay their teachers? Let's look at a few things.

Public teachers must be credentialed by their state and that pretty much means at least 5 years of college. Private school teachers do not have to be credentialled at all.

Public school teachers have to continue their education and renew credentials occasionally at the behest of their state....private school teachers do not.

Yes, public school teachers can get tenure after a few years....private school teachers cannot...private schools can hire and fire at will...they also pick and choose their clientele and many teachers will tell you that is WORTH the lesser pay.

Private school salaries would be the standard for the market. So they couldnt be underpaid. Just show that others are over paid.

Public school teachers make, on average, $13,540 more each year than private school teachers, and that does not even factor in the benefits that private school teachers do not usually get. This applies across the board, and is consistent regardless of race, gender, education, or time in the job.

Average salaries for full-time teachers in public and private elementary and secondary schools, by selected characteristics: 2007-08

Look at whatever you want, and I will point out facts. Private school teachers who have the exact same level of continuing education, degrees, and experience make less than public sector teachers. Private sector schools also out preform public sectors schools across the board as far as graduation and test scores go. Private sector teachers work the same hours for less money, and do a better job. The only conceivable explanation for that is that, even if private sector teachers are underpaid, public sector teachers are overpaid.

By the way, some private sector schools do give tenure, and some even have unions. My guess is most of your assumptions about private sector schools are wrong.

Private school salaries would be the standard for the market. So they couldnt be underpaid. Just show that others are over paid.
So you want teachers that have professional credentials and degrees to be paid as much as those who may not even have bachelor degrees.

Look at whatever you want, and I will point out facts. Private school teachers who have the exact same level of continuing education, degrees, and experience make less than public sector teachers. Private sector schools also out preform public sectors schools across the board as far as graduation and test scores go. Private sector teachers work the same hours for less money, and do a better job. The only conceivable explanation for that is that, even if private sector teachers are underpaid, public sector teachers are overpaid.

By the way, some private sector schools do give tenure, and some even have unions. My guess is most of your assumptions about private sector schools are wrong.
I welcome any evidence of that being true.

I'm going to assume everything in the OP is accurate for sake of discussion.

Shouldn't that make public school teachers want to get rid of their union if it's doing such a crappy job? All those union fees go to make sure they get paid less? Pretty crappy setup if you ask me.

Forum List

Back