Right wing healthcare plan

Discussion in 'Healthcare/Insurance/Govt Healthcare' started by LilOlLady, Aug 28, 2009.

1. LilOlLady

LilOlLady Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +761
    RIGHT WING HEALTHCARE PLAN

is to fix private HC so it runs effective and covers all, all existing illnesses and major illness. Sound great if you have interest in private HC. But who will fix private HC and how? The government? So it becomes private HC controlled by government? You cannot expect government to fix private HC and not control it?

How much would it cost taxpayers to fix private HC so it will cover adding 47 million to private HC? Private HC would have the same problems right wingers are alleging government HC will have. Not enough doctors, nurses and medical facilities to serve the added 47 million. And private HC would still expect to make a profit. Fixing private HC would cost more than government run HC.

Right wingers want government, taxpayers, to fix private HC and subsidize small businesses so they can effectively insure their employees? Isn’t that what government run HC will do? .

2. KittenKoder

KittenKoder Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,714
    Wow ... you really put a lot of thought into this ... NOT!

3. CrusaderFrank

CrusaderFrank Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36,945
    Never take advise on business from people whose only real world experience is reading "Das Kapital"

4. Diuretic

Diuretic Permanently confused

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,397
    If they read all three volumes you should listen to them.

5. CrusaderFrank

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36,945
    Never. Never ever.

6. CrusaderFrank

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36,945
    Like all of their fellow Marxists, most Libruls have a fundamental MISUNDERSTANDING as to what generates profits. They think that profits represent an unfair allocation of resources to people who don't work for the government and therefore are evil when in reality profits only arise from fair and equitable transactions.

Walmart employees are trained to understand that a customer is not just a one-off transaction, but the average Walmart customer spend on average $250,000 there over his lifetime, so when you deal with a customer you are actually dealing with a quarter million dollars in business. Do Post Office employees, DMV employees or most public school teachers operate that way?

7. Diuretic

Diuretic Permanently confused

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,397
    I would think that a natural monopoly doesn't have to compete with other businesses, it has a steady stream of customers so it doesn't have to entice customers to the business by such things as advertising.

And how is profit made anyway?

• Thank You! Thank You! x 1
  8. cunclusion

cunclusion Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +21
    Well I dont know about DMV employees but most Post Office employees value every customer that comes in. As far as Public school teachers most realize that this little person might be someone important to the world or even to their personal life. Dont start this one rotten apple ruins the bunch mess because it is bull.

9. Care4all

Care4all Warrior Princess Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,089
    By charging the customer more than the widget is worth , with all of the overhead and expenses and salaries and cost of goods included.

10. CrusaderFrank

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +36,945
    Read Peter Drucker. He lists the above as a classic example of wrong headed "Cost-plus" pricing and what caused the extinction of the US Fax machine market.

Instead of starting with "my costs are X and I add a profit of Y" to price, successful companies will start by asking, "What is this worth to my customer" and work backwards from there.

It was eye opening for me when I was first exposed to it and rather than be a pompous know it all like I usually am, I offer this up to you as a genuine learnign experience.