Right-Wing Extremism: The Real Referendum of 2012

The OP lays out the basis for debate, but so far the comments have not addressed the OP. Why is that...?

Because the OP states truth, and they can't combat truth. They can only attack the poster, otherwise known as the ad hominem debate fallacy, employed so liberally by the conservatives on this thread... It doesn't matter if the OP was written by you or anybody else. If it contains truth, then it stands on its own. if someone says something well enough, there's no need to reinvent the wheel. Good post.

1. What did I say about the Walker recall?

2. What question?

The question was if obama loses how will you spin it?
oh and yes you said Walker was going to lose.

I don't ever recall saying Walker was going to lose, but I won't split that hair with you.

As for spinning Obama losing, I don't know. Maybe somewhat like you'll spin it if Romney loses.

Goodnight...

OH my my you think I am a Romney supporter? :lol: If he loses I want spin it but never say never because strange things always seem to happen around obama.

The OP lays out the basis for debate, but so far the comments have not addressed the OP. Why is that...?

Because the OP states truth, and they can't combat truth. They can only attack the poster, otherwise known as the ad hominem debate fallacy, employed so liberally by the conservatives on this thread... It doesn't matter if the OP was written by you or anybody else. If it contains truth, then it stands on its own. if someone says something well enough, there's no need to reinvent the wheel. Good post.

:lol:

:eusa_shifty:

Complete nonsense.

that article sounded like it was written by some sniveling kid high school

It does parrot all the DNC talking points, though.

The War on Women, the Fight Against Marriage Equality and the Let the Rich Get Richer forces of the Republican party

YAWN

Last edited:

Because it starts with the overtly ridiculous premise that the right wing are 'extreme'. Moronic drivel requires no response other than..... :lmao:

Try using your own words and thoughts to drive 'debate', you might just get somewhere. You may not like where you get but it's more intelligent than using the words of others as your own 'thoughts'.

States 'truth'? No, it states opinion... opinion is not 'truth'... it is 'your truth'.... but not 'the truth'. I can't debate with stupid people... I can't dumb down far enough.

Yes, we already know that wingnuts want truth in the garbage.

I think we have different understandings of the word 'truth'.... like 'extremism'... there is only 'the' truth... and that article has no reference to the truth, it speaks of your truth... that is not the same thing.... you are trivializing the word 'truth'. Words have meanings - the left does not get to redefine those words for partisan hackery.

Over the last couple of weeks, the Right Wing has trotted out the idea that this 2012 Presidential Election is going to be a referendum on Barack Obama. They claim that the American people have been let down by the President’s economic performance, and that it’s time get the good ol’ tricke down started again. They claim that so many people are out of work and hurting financially, and they know it’s because Obama has failed to pull us out of the Depression (seriously, it’s a Depression that we’re in), and thus this election will be all about Americans saying “no” to the Obama Administration.

This is typical of the fundamental idiocy of republicans, a consequent of their irrational hate of Obama.

It’s almost as if they’re so ignorant as to believe a president is some sort of ‘dictator’ who can rule by fiat, independent of Congress.

True, since the GOP took control of the House it does indeed seem as if Congress no long exists, but it has always been the sole responsibility of Congress to act on economic policy. A given president may indeed propose legislation and attempt to influence policy, but it’s ultimately the responsibility of Congress to work with the president to see effective policy enacted, and that’s clearly not been the case with the House.

And republican idiocy is further compounded with the ridiculous notion that any ‘fix’ can be quick, that after just three years any type of recovery might be realized. The economy will heal and recover in its own time and in its own manner, regardless who the president is or who controls Congress.

There’ll be no economic recovery until the housing market recovers, and that could be another decade in the making.

Given the horrendous economic damage that was done as a consequence of the December 2007 recession, the still crippled housing market, and the unwillingness of the House to enact any recovery measures for purely partisan reasons, it’s nonsense to expect any type of sustained recovery after such a short period of time, and even more nonsensical to ‘blame’ the president, his only ‘fault’ is being a democrat.

Over the last couple of weeks, the Right Wing has trotted out the idea that this 2012 Presidential Election is going to be a referendum on Barack Obama. They claim that the American people have been let down by the President’s economic performance, and that it’s time get the good ol’ tricke down started again. They claim that so many people are out of work and hurting financially, and they know it’s because Obama has failed to pull us out of the Depression (seriously, it’s a Depression that we’re in), and thus this election will be all about Americans saying “no” to the Obama Administration.

This is typical of the fundamental idiocy of republicans, a consequent of their irrational hate of Obama.

It’s almost as if they’re so ignorant as to believe a president is some sort of ‘dictator’ who can rule by fiat, independent of Congress.

True, since the GOP took control of the House it does indeed seem as if Congress no long exists, but it has always been the sole responsibility of Congress to act on economic policy. A given president may indeed propose legislation and attempt to influence policy, but it’s ultimately the responsibility of Congress to work with the president to see effective policy enacted, and that’s clearly not been the case with the House.

And republican idiocy is further compounded with the ridiculous notion that any ‘fix’ can be quick, that after just three years any type of recovery might be realized. The economy will heal and recover in its own time and in its own manner, regardless who the president is or who controls Congress.

There’ll be no economic recovery until the housing market recovers, and that could be another decade in the making.

Given the horrendous economic damage that was done as a consequence of the December 2007 recession, the still crippled housing market, and the unwillingness of the House to enact any recovery measures for purely partisan reasons, it’s nonsense to expect any type of sustained recovery after such a short period of time, and even more nonsensical to ‘blame’ the president, his only ‘fault’ is being a democrat.

Yeah yeah we know, nothing is the fault of Obama...

Anyone who doubts the power of words and money to influence ideas needs only to view the recent Pew Survey of the changing attitudes of the right in America. The ideas of justice, tolerance, and an open society for all people has failed. Changing demographics and immigration, as well as government made into Satan has pushed the right to the extreme and won over the minds of those who know no history nor care. The movement to a rigid conservatism is one of blind ideology. It is an odd thought but had the economy crashed instead of being given a life jacket in 08 and 09, maybe more Americans would have returned to their senses? Maybe.

Daily Number: Republicans: Fewer, More Conservative - Pew Research Center

"Republicans, of course, cloak themselves in the rhetoric of freedom and necessity and express concern about future generations. That the beast they would slay ultimately translates to the lives of American citizens, including some of the most vulnerable who depend on government social programs to which they enjoy legal, political, and moral entitlement, is irrelevant. Hatred of government is a disease with them. They loathe common purpose and project, especially when channeled through the state. Their hatred of government, it seems to me, is tantamount to hatred of country." Steven Johnston The Contemporary Condition: Why Do Republicans Hate America?

Anyone who doubts the power of words and money to influence ideas needs only to view the recent Pew Survey of the changing attitudes of the right in America. The ideas of justice, tolerance, and an open society for all people has failed. Changing demographics and immigration, as well as government made into Satan has pushed the right to the extreme and won over the minds of those who know no history nor care. The movement to a rigid conservatism is one of blind ideology. It is an odd thought but had the economy crashed instead of being given a life jacket in 08 and 09, maybe more Americans would have returned to their senses? Maybe.

"Republicans, of course, cloak themselves in the rhetoric of freedom and necessity and express concern about future generations. That the beast they would slay ultimately translates to the lives of American citizens, including some of the most vulnerable who depend on government social programs to which they enjoy legal, political, and moral entitlement, is irrelevant. Hatred of government is a disease with them. They loathe common purpose and project, especially when channeled through the state. Their hatred of government, it seems to me, is tantamount to hatred of country." Steven Johnston The Contemporary Condition: Why Do Republicans Hate America?

Might I remind you liberals and the money issue.
obama 2008 set a record for campaign contributions. Did the money he got buy votes in 2008 and the election?

Poor Liberals-Progressives are finding out their views and ideas are NOT the standard of the American people...

Now we get all these polls and articles saying the People who don't agree with their warped ideas of some Liberal Utopia are, extremist.

:eusa_boohoo:

The War on Women, the Fight Against Marriage Equality and the Let the Rich Get Richer forces of the Republican party are going to be put under intense scrutiny by the Obama campaign, and they may be shocked when their messages of intolerance, devolution and Plutocracy are left to die on the vine.

All over the nation, people are being given a choice. Conservatives now more than ever are trying to rush us into a massive nuclear-powered Delorean and take us as far backward as they can, be it a social issue or a fiscal policy. People like Paul Ryan are proposing budgets that kill social programs but pump still even more money into the Defense budget. Over a thousand bills restricting women’s health care and access to abortions and contraceptives have been introduced since the rise of the Tea Party. The storm is gathering, and showdown is coming.

All consistent with the authoritarian nature of conservatism: their disdain for diversity, their fear of change, and their irrational need for conformity.

The War on Women, the Fight Against Marriage Equality and the Let the Rich Get Richer forces of the Republican party are going to be put under intense scrutiny by the Obama campaign, and they may be shocked when their messages of intolerance, devolution and Plutocracy are left to die on the vine.

All over the nation, people are being given a choice. Conservatives now more than ever are trying to rush us into a massive nuclear-powered Delorean and take us as far backward as they can, be it a social issue or a fiscal policy. People like Paul Ryan are proposing budgets that kill social programs but pump still even more money into the Defense budget. Over a thousand bills restricting women’s health care and access to abortions and contraceptives have been introduced since the rise of the Tea Party. The storm is gathering, and showdown is coming.

All consistent with the authoritarian nature of conservatism: their disdain for diversity, their fear of change, and their irrational need for conformity.

that's right, you have them all figured out..:lame2:

After watching what has happened in WIS. I would have to conclude that if Mittens and Friends can outspend Obama, which I think they can, then my fellow Americans will vote in Mitt.

Repubs are much better than Dems at controlling the message and much better at raising lots of money. Money is the difference maker. And you don't have to have a "good" message, you just have to make sure your oppenents message is twisted and distorted.

If the Repubs come into office and cut 1 million gov jobs, what will that do to UE?

If Repubs give another huge tax break, what will that do to the deficit?

If Repugs start another unpaid for war, what will that do?

No answers and really, the Repubs are not worried about it. Win at any cost.......
then blame Obama for the miserable fuking failure that will be the Presidency of Mittens.

After watching what has happened in WIS. I would have to conclude that if Mittens and Friends can outspend Obama, which I think they can, then my fellow Americans will vote in Mitt.

Repubs are much better than Dems at controlling the message and much better at raising lots of money. Money is the difference maker. And you don't have to have a "good" message, you just have to make sure your oppenents message is twisted and distorted.

If the Repubs come into office and cut 1 million gov jobs, what will that do to UE?

If Repubs give another huge tax break, what will that do to the deficit?

If Repugs start another unpaid for war, what will that do?

No answers and really, the Repubs are not worried about it. Win at any cost.......
then blame Obama for the miserable fuking failure that will be the Presidency of Mittens.

A lot of "whats"
maybe you should consult your crystal ball and get back to us.

:lmao: So Lacky, do you ever think for yourself or do you just go with whatever some left wing hack tells ya?

I choose articles that support what I personally believe. Is that okay with you?

So, you can't think for yourself. That's good to know. Personally, I prefer independent thought to regurgitating hyperbolic bullshit. I have zero respect for those who paste articles and make no comments of their own. It's like you are unable to think for yourself. Shame.

It's not like he's unable to, he is unable

Forum List

Back