Right wing compartmentalization

frigidweirdo

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2014
Now, I'm not saying people on the left don't do this. I don't really talk to people on the left much on this forum.

However there's something called compartmentalization.This basically means to divide things up into different sections, different compartments. Here I'm going to use it to mean dividing up one's opinions and then being able to argument one thing in one section, and then argue something contradictory in another section without feeling like there needs to be any link between the two compartments.

I'm going to use an example from the UK concerning the NHS.

Rules allowing upfront charges for foreign users of NHS come into force

This is the article.

Basically during Labour's time in office they massively increased spending on the NHS.

uk-real-spending-per-capita.png

As you can see real health care spending picked up in 1997 when Labour got into power and stopped increasing in 2010 when the right wing Tories got into power.

Now, during this period of time many right wingers were talking about there being too much administrative care, it cost too much.

Myth four: the NHS has too many managers | The King's Fund

"
Recent media coverage and parliamentary debate suggests that the NHS is bureaucratic and over managed. The argument goes that much NHS management is unnecessary and that over the past decade the number of NHS managers has increased at a rate disproportionate to need and to the wider growth of the NHS."

Here's the argument.

Basically the argument was used to attack Labour, rather than actually giving a damn about how much admin costs were. It was a convenient subject to get what they wanted.

Now the Tories are in office they want to charge anyone who basically isn't eligible, and they changed who isn't eligible to those who aren't living in the UK. Yesterday they said they want to prove who is and who isn't eligible. Now, this is massive bureaucracy which will increase the costs of the NHS, which is struggling, as real spending remains about the same every year or lower, and yet the costs have gone up.

Nurses and doctors are stretched to breaking point, and now, all of a sudden, they're expected to do another job.

The comments on such a website show that a lot of the Tories actually agree with such a policy.

So, they came out with one argument about costs being too high, now they come out with another argument which says they want to spend more.

The reality is the Tories want a US style system. Why? Because they'd make people rich, they'd reduce the costs for rich people and increase them for poor people and they're take a slice of the pie in "campaign funds" from such people.

They've put things in compartments.

The same can be said about Obamacare and Trump'don't'care

Obama care is apparently "too expensive" and yet the system before Obamacare was too expensive, but they didn't have a problem with that. They'll give different arguments based on what is convenient.

This happens all the time. These are just two examples.

Now, I'm not saying people on the left don't do this. I don't really talk to people on the left much on this forum.

However there's something called compartmentalization.This basically means to divide things up into different sections, different compartments. Here I'm going to use it to mean dividing up one's opinions and then being able to argument one thing in one section, and then argue something contradictory in another section without feeling like there needs to be any link between the two compartments.

This is the article.

Basically during Labour's time in office they massively increased spending on the NHS.

As you can see real health care spending picked up in 1997 when Labour got into power and stopped increasing in 2010 when the right wing Tories got into power.

Now, during this period of time many right wingers were talking about there being too much administrative care, it cost too much.

"
Recent media coverage and parliamentary debate suggests that the NHS is bureaucratic and over managed. The argument goes that much NHS management is unnecessary and that over the past decade the number of NHS managers has increased at a rate disproportionate to need and to the wider growth of the NHS."

Here's the argument.

Basically the argument was used to attack Labour, rather than actually giving a damn about how much admin costs were. It was a convenient subject to get what they wanted.

Now the Tories are in office they want to charge anyone who basically isn't eligible, and they changed who isn't eligible to those who aren't living in the UK. Yesterday they said they want to prove who is and who isn't eligible. Now, this is massive bureaucracy which will increase the costs of the NHS, which is struggling, as real spending remains about the same every year or lower, and yet the costs have gone up.

Nurses and doctors are stretched to breaking point, and now, all of a sudden, they're expected to do another job.

The comments on such a website show that a lot of the Tories actually agree with such a policy.

So, they came out with one argument about costs being too high, now they come out with another argument which says they want to spend more.

The reality is the Tories want a US style system. Why? Because they'd make people rich, they'd reduce the costs for rich people and increase them for poor people and they're take a slice of the pie in "campaign funds" from such people.

Obama care is apparently "too expensive" and yet the system before Obamacare was too expensive, but they didn't have a problem with that. They'll give different arguments based on what is convenient.

MO' gubermint, MO' fees! MO' Entitlements and subsidies!!!!!!!! Right on, "comrade"??...........your problems are your own...they aren't mine and vice versa....stop trying to pick my pocket because you are too fucking stupid to have a plan....capiche'?

This is the article.

"

Here's the argument.

Right wing policy is generally aimed at punishing people "who are not like us."

So the poor are high up on any list. Sluts as well. Old folks and youth,the sick.

They want low taxes but also want more and more bombs. How does that work ?

This is the article.

"

Here's the argument.

Right wing policy is generally aimed at punishing people "who are not like us."

So the poor are high up on any list. Sluts as well. Old folks and youth,the sick.

They want low taxes but also want more and more bombs. How does that work ?

Anything other than consumption tax is and has always been unconstitutional.....

Forum List

Back