Right To Work...

What does "RIGHT TO WORK" mean... what a stupid name. Right to work is a clever way of chiseling away at the rights of workers. This is an anti worker nation. But there is the right to work for lower wages.
It means, Right to Work for Less, as pointed out in the OP.
You leftest fools love your propaganda and love to rewrite history that's one of the reasons why the new generation of rednecks started to vote Republican they didn't want to make crap wages in they fields, they wanted manufacturing jobs and they got it thanks to republican leadership.

Most manufacturing jobs have been shipped over seas, thanks to greedy corporations, and republicans giving them tax breaks to do it.

If you stop buying at big box stores in mass, for cheap shit , this wouldn't be a problem now would it?

Those big companies would Fold up.

Your wrong by the way, since 2010 We added more then like 800,000 manufacturing jobs, mostly in RTW states, that never had middle class jobs..

Sure it'sth dollar an hour operator jobs, but $12 to $20 dollar an hour operator kind of job, with a way Lower cost of living where people can buy houses, two cars, a bass boat, guns and stuff

The OP and then rest of the ultra liberals love to spread propaganda that RTW laws lowered wages, sure they did For the Union states, But raised the Southener Salaries up x 10 Because they got middle class manufacturing jobs

And us guys with skills like me live great, with money in then bank, a Nice 401 k and great scenery/weather

Last edited:
One can buy a house on $12 an hour? Not a chance... who would work for that low a wage? Answer? An imbecile. One cannot survive on $12 an hour. All the more reason a college education is the only way to go. Combine that with the fact that most companies see their workers as stooges that are worthless is all the more reason. Anything less that $20 an hour is unacceptable for an adult. Plus health insurance that is.

What does "RIGHT TO WORK" mean... what a stupid name. Right to work is a clever way of chiseling away at the rights of workers. This is an anti worker nation. But there is the right to work for lower wages.
You leftest fools love your propaganda and love to rewrite history that's one of the reasons why the new generation of rednecks started to vote Republican they didn't want to make crap wages in they fields, they wanted manufacturing jobs and they got it thanks to republican leadership.

Most manufacturing jobs have been shipped over seas, thanks to greedy corporations, and republicans giving them tax breaks to do it.
When was that?

Yes. That's exactly what it means. Don't you think we should protect that right?

Should shop owners or service people have the right to charge less for their services?

I'm actually shocked so many support forcing others to join Unions. It's very Un-American. All States should be 'Right to Work' States. If Unions truly are so great, they shouldn't have to force people to join. People will do it willingly. But they should have the right to decide.
thats the way my union is.....not mandatory.....but yet you get the same benefits....what pissed me off is many of the grievances against management were filed by non members and the union had to represent them....
Wrong , those who removed themselves still had to pay the dues fool.

Btw, those who wish to stay in a union today fears his/her own abilities. Let's call a spade a spade

That's not really the case. The free riders who don't join the union don't pay the same dues as the union members. They pay only that part that is used to negotiate their benefits.

Those who don't join and still enjoy the benefits that the others fought for are the lowest kind of parasite.

One can buy a house on $12 an hour? Not a chance... who would work for that low a wage? Answer? An imbecile. One cannot survive on $12 an hour. All the more reason a college education is the only way to go. Combine that with the fact that most companies see their workers as stooges that are worthless is all the more reason. Anything less that $20 an hour is unacceptable for an adult. Plus health insurance that is.

MW jobs are entry jobs designed for inexperienced teens, women seeking a supplemental income and older individuals trying to supplement retirement / SS.
They are not intended to support families or be sole provider type jobs.

Anyone can survive on $12/ hr, some of us could live quite will based on 40 hr work weeks. The key is not how much money you make but learning to live within ones means and how to prioritize. You have to pay bills and buy food and necessities instead of paying for fast food prepared by others and smoking crack / dope / drinking magnum malt liquor...................
Of course when you look around at those who work and accumulate wealth by following such simple principles you get greedy and start to foam at the mouth and rant because you do not have the same.

Of course, the intelligence to better ones self, set goals, live within ones means and prioritize mean absolutely nothing to loud mouth trouble makers like you who come in and lay down these lines of shit ................

You are a stooge and you are worthless, the boss would be correct in that presumption ........

So for those who are NOT $20 / hr type material, how do you suggest they live??

Unacceptable by who's definition??

Yes. That's exactly what it means. Don't you think we should protect that right?

I gotta "funny" from this post, but I wasn't kidding - at all. The core question of modern labor law, as well as minimum wage laws, is whether employees should be able to compete with one another via wage rates. Whether they should have the right to "work for less" to win a job they might not otherwise get.

Hell yea you can this New York chic is doing it down here along with her husband and they Are both $12 dollar and hour operators, you ever here of rent to own?

Jealous? It is a pretty Nice place, she tells me she only put a grand down, $500 bucks a month

Keep getting spoon fed kool-aid bitch or wake up

I'm actually shocked so many support forcing others to join Unions. It's very Un-American. All States should be 'Right to Work' States. If Unions truly are so great, they shouldn't have to force people to join. People will do it willingly. But they should have the right to decide.
thats the way my union is.....not mandatory.....but yet you get the same benefits....what pissed me off is many of the grievances against management were filed by non members and the union had to represent them....

Btw, those who wish to stay in a union today fears his/her own abilities. Let's call a spade a spade

That's not really the case. The free riders who don't join the union don't pay the same dues as the union members. They pay only that part that is used to negotiate their benefits.

Those who don't join and still enjoy the benefits that the others fought for are the lowest kind of parasite.

Why can't either one of you tell the fucking truth??

Right to Work, Union Shops, and Union Dues
Can employees be required to join a union or pay dues?

If you take a job that is covered by a contract between the employer and a labor union, a representative of the union will typically approach you about membership requirements shortly after you are hired.

Workers have the right, under the National Labor Relations Act (NLRA), to refuse to join a union. However, some collective bargaining agreements -- the contracts between the employer and the union -- require a company to employ only union workers to do certain jobs. One major reason unions want these contracts is to share the burden of the union's work. The union is required to represent everyone in the bargaining unit, regardless of their union membership. Requiring everyone who gets the benefit of the contract to be a union member solves the problem of so-called "free riders," who reap the windfall of the union's work but don't pay the price.

Generally, a company can't require a worker to become a full union member as a condition of employment, but the worker may have to pay at least some portion of union dues, depending on the basis of his or her objection to the union and the laws of the state where the employer is located.

Unionized work situations generally are either open shop or agency shop. The type of shop that exists within a unionized bargaining unit will be spelled out in the contract between the union representing that unit and the employer. Ask the union representative for a copy of the contract governing your job before you sign up for union membership.

Union Security Agreements and "Right to Work" Laws
The NLRA allows a union and an employer to enter into a contract called a "union security agreement." Although these contracts cannot require a worker to join a union, they can require workers to make "agency fee" payments to the union as a condition of getting or keeping a job. An employer that enters into one of these agreements is required to fire workers who don't either join the union or make the payments called for in the contract. Employers with this type of contract are called "agency shops."

However, the NLRA also allows states to prohibit these agreements, and many states have done so. In these states, workers who decide not to join the union cannot be required to pay any fees to the union, nor can they be fired or otherwise penalized for failing to do so. These statutes, called "right to work" laws, basically require that every unionized workplace be an "open shop," in which workers are free to choose whether or not to join or support the union.

Yes, a person can buy a house for $12/hour. What the hell makes you think they can't?

"Union" is nothing more than a code word for extortion. What they do is illegal and they should be banned.
and thats not what they do. Had you people not gutted them so badly they would actually do good things. . You bought into the myth

If it's so great, make it voluntary.

Communists also brag about how good they are for their workers.

Unions, communists, same difference.

Can it be that so many of you are so young you don't remember how much better off the average worker was when we had strong unions?

I have it very well at my job and no union got this for me.
then you are one of the lucky ones who work for a good company.....

Luck had nothing to do with it.
sure it does....do you think every company takes care of their people?.....i delivered mail to many a successful company....some of them made lots of money but the workers did not get much.....and then there were the ones who actually took care of the workers.....you were one of the lucky ones who hooked up with a good company....
Who cares, that isn't the fight. The fight is the right of any person to deny paying Union dues or representation by them. This removes forced dues to those not wishing to belong to a union and still do the work. This is the US.
Who cares, that isn't the fight. The fight is the right of any person to deny paying Union dues or representation by them.
thats not what we were talking about......and many people do care.....especially those working for a rich company that does not pay their employees a decent wage and give them some halfassed benefits......

$12 an hour does not come close to a good job. Not for an adult working full time. That's piss poor.

oh they do?.....you better tell the Letter Carrier Union then......how long have you been a member of the N.A.L.C.?.....im asking because you are talking like a fucking idiot.....the Union is voluntary and if you dont belong ...you dont pay any dues.....fool!....

Can it be that so many of you are so young you don't remember how much better off the average worker was when we had strong unions?

I have it very well at my job and no union got this for me.
then you are one of the lucky ones who work for a good company.....

Yes, that's the only way somebody can get a good job without a union. Luck.

You Leftwats are truly deluded.
now im back to being a lefty....hey dean and luddy?....here that?...this dufas thinks im one of you guys....
thumbsup.gif

"Union" is nothing more than a code word for extortion. What they do is illegal and they should be banned.
and thats not what they do. Had you people not gutted them so badly they would actually do good things. . You bought into the myth

If it's so great, make it voluntary.

Communists also brag about how good they are for their workers.

Unions, communists, same difference.
it is. you can also donate it to a charity if you want as well.

Somewhere along the line we now have working people hating each other. Unions are the enemy of America. So workers believe in lower wages? No wonder the working class is losing ground, they are following the plan perfectly. Someone is now going to tell me that $12 an hour is a good wage for an adult. We have working slobs thinking that a private union is their enemy. They should not ever take a day off and should forfeit any benefits as its not fair to make an employer provide benefits,

Somewhere along the line we now have working people hating each other. Unions are the enemy of America.

It is amazing. People like that dude above HATE it that a bunch of workers form a union to negotiate on their behalf and because there is ALWAYS strength in numbers, the union guys get better pay and benefits than the non union workers.
And the non union workers are so fucking jealous it makes them crazy. I am convinced of that after reading thread after thread of lower middle class workers going on and on about how unions suck. It's amazing.

If they don't want to join a union, then they shouldn't. If they don't want to work in a union shop, don't apply. WTF?

The union haters say the union funds Dems. Yea? And?

The corporations fund Republicans with corporate funds. Yea. And?

It makes them crazy I tell you.

Forum List

Back