Right to join Chamber of Commerce without paying dues

Discussion in 'Politics' started by J.E.D, Dec 12, 2012.

1. J.E.D

J.E.D What's tha matta?

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,576
    Republicans who support RTW laws think unions should have to represent all employees regardless of whether they choose to pay dues. In reality they just want to kill unions -- which is the real purpose of RTW laws -- but I digress.

Since Republicans hate free-loaders and think everybody (except for the rich) should pay their own way, why don't they go after the greedy Chamber of Commerce? Businesses are required to pay dues for the benefits that come with being a member of the CoC. Businesses should have the option of paying those dues but still get all of the benefits that come with the membership. Businesses would save money and in turn that would create millions of jobs...right?

So, when are Republicans going to tackle this important issue? Millions of jobs are at stake.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  2. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,203
    Are you people delibrately trying to misrepresent what's going on or you just believe bullcrap propaganda and regurgitate it?

No one forces businesses to join the Chamber of Commerce. Nor does the Chamber of Commerce have the power to forceibly take dues from members.

See, we live in what we call a "free country". In a free country, we are free to associate with whomever we choose and not associate with others we choose not to associate with. If we choose to associate with an organization and get the benefits of that organization, we voluntarily pay the dues. If we choose not to associate with that organization, we don't get the benefits. If we choose not to pay our dues, the association can choose not to associate with us.

See, that's called LIBERTY. It's a foreign concept for way too many people. But with you have liberty or freedom, you aren't forced to participate in things you don't want to or pay money you dont want to pay.

See those people who aren't in a union DONT BENEFIT FROM THE UNION. They have to negotiate the terms of their own contracts. Crazy I know.

Now, I know this is not difficult to understand. Which lead me to the choices earlier. You either 1) Are trying to delibrately misrepresent people. Or 2) You have bought the propaganda hook line and sinker and are just useful idiots to the people who are lying.

Now wouldn't it be better to stop lying or believing lies and just accept the truth? It will make you free. But then I suppose that's the whole point of our discussion. You dont want freedom. You want people to be controlled.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 5
  3. LordBrownTrout

LordBrownTrout Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +6,381
    I never joined up with the CoC and promoted my own business.

4. Soggy in NOLA

Soggy in NOLA Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,661

Stupidest analogy ever.

• Thank You! Thank You! x 2
  5. Avatar4321

Avatar4321 Diamond Member Gold Supporting Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12,203
    Ive heard dumber... which is pretty pathetic.

6. Quantum Windbag

Quantum Windbag Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,221
    Republicans think unions should represent non members? Which ones think that, do you have a list? Even if they do, what does that have to do with me?

By the way, what benefits do you think a business gets from joining the local Chamber of Commerce?

7. J.E.D

J.E.D What's tha matta?

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,576
    RTW laws require unions to represent all members -- including those who choose to not pay dues. Sorry if that went over your head.

8. J.E.D

J.E.D What's tha matta?

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,576
    Coming from one of the biggest douche bags on USMB, I'll take that as a compliment.

9. g5000

g5000 Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +24,620
    So many horrible illogical analogies today about the RTW law!

10. Katzndogz

Katzndogz Diamond Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +8,337
    No one is required to join a chamber of commerce. Has a chamber of commerce ever called a strike?