Right, there's no bias in the media

Merlin1047

Mar 28, 2004
AL
So here's a story which seems to me to provide compelling justification for the Nov 13 shooting of a wounded terrorist. Does ABC news explore that? Nope, not a peep. They give this item a scant two sentences, then launch into a "remember when" account of the videotaped shooting which sparked the media frenzy.

Strange, isn't it, that when Marines shoot some terrorist who was doing EXACTLY that which resulted in the shooting on 13 Nov, it hardly seems worth noting.
=======================================================

http://www.abc.net.au/news/newsitems/200411/s1248394.htm

Monday, November 22, 2004. 9:11am (AEDT)
Marines shoot insurgent who was 'playing dead'

The US military says Marines in Fallujah have shot and killed an insurgent who engaged them as he was faking being dead, a week after footage of a marine killing an apparently unarmed and wounded Iraqi caused a stir in the region.

"Marines from the 1st Marine Division shot and killed an insurgent who while faking dead opened fire on the marines who were conducting a security and clearing patrol through the streets," a military statement said.

The point-blank shooting on November 13 of a wounded Iraqi was caught on tape and beamed around the world.

It raised questions about the degree of military restraint and fanned Arab resentment.

The marine was withdrawn from combat and an investigation launched.

Military sources had said that the rules of engagement were looser during the operation launched in Fallujah, for fear that rebels would be disguised, fake death or wear suicide explosives belts.

The US military and Iraqi government troops are still carrying house-to-house searches in the rebel bastion but two weeks after it was launched, the largest post-Saddam military operation in Iraq is all but over.

According to US military figures, more than 1,200 insurgents have been killed in the intense fighting, as well as 51 US troops and eight Iraqi personnel.

You really did not expect anything different did you? Even if they had video of the terrorist doing as they describe, you wouldn't expect to see it would you? or to see any Muslim media outfit publicize it, would you?

I have come to accept the fact that in some media outlets, only the US is the bad guy; everyone else is justified.

CSM said:
You really did not expect anything different did you? Even if they had video of the terrorist doing as they describe, you wouldn't expect to see it would you? or to see any Muslim media outfit publicize it, would you?

I have come to accept the fact that in some media outlets, only the US is the bad guy; everyone else is justified.

This is why we need to DECLARE war if we are going to continue to fight this WOT. Then we could legally clamp down on the seditious media. Or else KICK OUT the imbedded media other than a few "approved" reporters. War can be waged in the media these days, just as much as on the battlegrounds.

CSM said:

No, I guess not. I just keep hoping that there is a tiny spark of objectivity and honesty left in there somewhere. Maybe if CBS gets the guts to fire Rather and his idiot producer . . .

Hell, who am I kidding?

Forum List

Back