Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, they were not

Votes: 10 83.3%
  • Don't know/unsure

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
It is a delicate situation. A police state? A left-wing conspiracy? A right wing conspiracy? Don't think so. Police do not use a swat team unless they are fairly certain something bad could go down. Do we know the son's entire criminal history? I think not. But I can assure you that the police officers going in there did. Two of the most dangerous parts of a police officer's job, statistics say, are traffic stops and serving civil papers. Many police officers are killed in the line of duty doing those two things.

It doesn't seem fair, especially since there were two elderly people living there. There is probably much about this story that we still don't know.

Police use SWAT teams to keep in practice, which is what makes them dangerous. I can assure you the police going in there new next to nothing about what was going on. If they did they would have walked up and knocked on the door rather than act like an animal welfare complaint was the equivalent of taking down and armed bank robber with hostages.

Without having read the thread itself, I read the article. The poor old woman is right. This isn't about the family, it isn't about the dogs (which it turns out were not malnourished or abused), and it isn't about the condition of their homes.

Somebody wants their land, and has the power to use city hall to get it.

It's not just a travesty, it's a crime. I feel awful for them. :(

Forum List

Back