Right On, Governor Christie!

Wow! that shows the ignorance of Gov. Chris Christie on how the Human services work and the ignorance of people that vote for him. And it is funny that a guy that weighs 400lbs and has collected a government check the last 10 years would be critical of the poor recieving help. But he is right that hope has been destroyed by neocons.

And I thought my post was silly.

lol.

Like we don't already know that from the Cradle to tomb entitements have destroyed this Country,this Country is on a one way ticket down the shitter, he needs to lay off the cheesebugers by the way.:clap2:

Yes..the "Let them eat cake" crowd has spoken. You're on your own..and I got mine.

That's worked so well in so many societies..by gumption.

People always accept the fact that when a small groups of elites run things..starvation is the way to go.

Literally.

I'll be kind and chalk up your post to a re occurrence of your A.D.D.
This from one of the "Let them eat cake" crowd in the OP:

"The lessons of history … show conclusively that continued dependence upon relief induces a spiritual and moral disintegration fundamentally destructive to the national fiber. To dole out relief in this way is to administer a narcotic, a subtle destroyer of the human spirit."

These searing words about Depression-era welfare are from Franklin Roosevelt's 1935 State of the Union Address. FDR feared this self-reliant people might come to depend permanently upon government for the necessities of their daily lives. Like narcotics, such a dependency would destroy the fiber and spirit of the nation.

Need a tissue to wipe that egg off your face?

Social Darwinism worked so well in France, China, and Russia. Heck..countries with small elite groups of extremely wealthy people always thrive.

Right?

:lol:

Yes..the "Let them eat cake" crowd has spoken. You're on your own..and I got mine.

People always accept the fact that when a small groups of elites run things..starvation is the way to go.

Literally.

Can you inform me on how if we elect democrats we'll avoid "small groups of elites run things."

Literally.

I'll be kind and chalk up your post to a re occurrence of your A.D.D.
This from one of the "Let them eat cake" crowd in the OP:

"The lessons of history … show conclusively that continued dependence upon relief induces a spiritual and moral disintegration fundamentally destructive to the national fiber. To dole out relief in this way is to administer a narcotic, a subtle destroyer of the human spirit."

These searing words about Depression-era welfare are from Franklin Roosevelt's 1935 State of the Union Address. FDR feared this self-reliant people might come to depend permanently upon government for the necessities of their daily lives. Like narcotics, such a dependency would destroy the fiber and spirit of the nation.

Need a tissue to wipe that egg off your face?

Social Darwinism worked so well in France, China, and Russia. Heck..countries with small elite groups of extremely wealthy people always thrive.

Right?

:lol:

1. So....you're going to ignore the fact that you claimed FDR was 'one of the "Let them eat cake" crowd'?

The cover-up is always worse than the crime.

2. "...small elite groups of extremely wealthy people..."

When you add study, research and reading to you currently limited repertoire, let me suggest Dr. Thomas Sowell's 'Economic Facts and Fallacies.'

Careful study would disabuse you of the Left-wing propaganda....

...you see, there does not exist a perennial "small elite groups of extremely wealthy people" in the United States of America.

The dim-witted (if the shoe fits...) accept this non-existent bête noire and rail against
it daily.

a. There is enormous income mobility in this nation.

b. The group that suffered most in the recession was the wealthiest.

c. Work pays off....
To get into the “top 1%” of Americans you don’t need to be a billionaire or millionaire or half-millionaire. The minimum wage earners in that group make about $343k/year….The “top 1%” of wage earners earn 17% of the nation’s income.
Nicole Lapin, Who the Heck Are the "Top 1%"?!!

Why should one strive when one's pay isn't based on productivity anymore?

productivity-wages.jpg

Working families have BUSTED THEIR ASSES to be more productive and what do they have to show for it?

Wages where working families get their incomes, have remained stagnant.
While median incomes have gone up...that's the rich getting their fatter slice of pie than the rest of us.

Government is the only mechanism left open for the poor and middle class to transfer wealth BACK to them since the rich have decided to keep MORE of the spoils for themselves and paid politicians well to do so. That Christie fails to recognize this only shows how utterly oblivious he is. If you don't like having government be the mechanism for this wealth transfer, perhaps you should reinstate high top tax rates which force the rich to reinvest the money that would be otherwise taxed in GROWING their business...you know...like they USED to...build factories...hire workers....that sort of silly stuff?

1. The percentage of households with real incomes higher than $50,000 increased from 24.9% in 1967 to 44.1% in 2003, and the percentage with real incomes lower than $35,000 fell from 52.8% in 1967 to 40.9% . More On The Certain Equality Of Reaganomics - Forbes

a. “…in 1967 only one in 25 families earned an income of $100,000 or more in real income, whereas now, one in six do. The percentage of families that have an income of more than $75,000 a year has tripled from 9% to 27%. But it's not just the rich that are getting richer. Virtually every income group has been lifted by the tide of growth in recent decades.” Great American Dream Machine

Thus, the middle class was growing richer, and moving up, rather than shrinking. Further, what is the basis for decrying workers having higher incomes, or, to put it another way, how can same be harmful to other workers with ‘less-skilled’ jobs?
b.”Today, the country has gone a long way toward an appearance of classlessness. Americans of all sorts are awash in luxuries that would have dazzled their grandparents. “http://www.nytimes.com/2005/05/15/national/class/OVERVIEW-FINAL.html?pagewanted=all

2. Wage stagnation? There is the allegation that there has been little or no improvement or even a decline in the standard of living or wages or compensation of all but the top earners since 1970 or 1973. This, based on a misreading the data of the Bureau of Labor Statistics “average earnings of production and nonsupervisory workers.” This stat is not a measure of the wages of “blue collar workers,” as “nonsupervisory workers” includes physicians, lawyers, accountants, nurses, social workers, research aides, teachers, drafters, photographers, beauticians and musicians.

a. Further, average earnings reported have been heavily diluted over the years by the rise of millions of part-time employment by spouses, mothers, students, seniors, and others. Over the last 40 years, more and more have taken part-time jobs…this, in itself indicates a rise in the standard of living of Americans…but their averaging in their earnings appears to bring down the earnings of full-time workers.”… the rapid increase in part time workers is pretty stunning.” Calculated Risk: Over 8 Million Part Time Workers

b. And, most measures of wages, earnings and income growth do not include employee benefits, such as health insurance and retirement benefits, which have become a larger share of worker compensation over the last forty years.

1. NEW YORK — Gov. Chris Christie today warned an audience of national Republicans that the country is in danger of becoming a "paternalistic entitlement society" where people sit on the couch, "waiting for the next government check."

2. ...brought up national policy toward the end. He said it is the least optimistic period he’s ever seen for the nation.

"It’s because government’s now telling them, stop dreaming, stop striving, we’ll take care of you. We’re turning into a paternalistic entitlement society. That will not just bankrupt us financially, it will bankrupt us morally," Christie told Bush, Henry Kissinger and an assortment of Republican governors in a theater at the New York Historical Society.

3. "When the American people no longer believe that this is a place where only their willingness to work hard and to act with honor and integrity and ingenuity determines their success in life, then we’ll have a bunch of people sitting on a couch waiting for their next government check," Christie said."
Gov. Christie: Nation turning into 'people sitting on a couch waiting for their next government check' | NJ.com

Christie's going to make the Left throw a real fit with this verbal firebombing.

Christie's right about us being morally and financially bankrupt......so unless we change our ways....and soon.... we are a nation on the downswing.....

It's not so much that we are morally bankrupt that we have turned ourselves into a nation of enablers and those of the "I'm a failure because of the 1%er's" which doesn't make any sense at all.

Half of this nation has lost the sense of pride that working for a living has to give. The Democrat strategy of paying for votes has to stop. It's turning our nation into a Democracy gone horribly wrong. Capitalism is a great thing when you have a country that works together.

Hm is that why liberal states and Europe have a larger segment of the population actually working?
I love it how reality is always the opposite of what republicans say

a. There is enormous income mobility in this nation.
Um No America has one of the lowest rates of income mobility in the world

b. The group that suffered most in the recession was the wealthiest.
Ezra Klein
c. Work pays off....
Under the past 30 years of Conservative rule incomes have declined for the vast majority of Americans despite working longer hours. When Liberals were in charge incomes skyrocketed.
Its not a surprise that you are cluless

Of course, such a warning flies in the teeth of the policies of the current food-stamp, class warfare President....

....but, then there's this:

theblogprof: FDR on welfare 1935: "The lessons of history … show conclusively that continued dependence upon relief induces a spiritual and moral disintegration fundamentally destructive to the national fiber. To dole out relief in this way is

And my question to Governor Jabba would be whose fault that is?

The Democrats for merely creating the welfare programs, or the Republicans for creating the dependency.

For the last 30 years, the GOP has made war on unions, the Middle Class, good salaries.

And when people turn to government to get the things their parents earned on their own, we all bemoan dependency.

Ok. I have read on here repeatedly that the reason things are so bad is that people sit on their couches all day and wait for a guvmint check.

But I don't know any of those people. Well, I did have a tenant that got Medicaid. But he couldn't work because of an injury. Does that make him bad?

But anyhow, where do I sign up to get me some of that free guvmint money? Will they send a check to my kids. I get tired of giving money to my kids.

Is there a quick sign up sheet for free guvmint money?

I take it from the Rethugs on here that almost everyone they know is sucking off the guvmint teat.

I don't know anyone. But I want some free money, if it is so readily available.

Got to be like a politician; get it while the gettings good.

So, you rethugs, how many people do you personally know, that is doing all the things you personally hate? Like sitting on a couch getting a guvmint handout check. And if you know them, why can't you get them a job?

Just curious.

And I didn't know this but you have to be poor to get welfare. and food stamps. I haven't been poor since I was a kid. ANy of you rethugs want to be poor? You repubs must hang out with a lot of poor people? I know some working poor. I rent houses to them. Are they bad people to? Just cause they are working poor? They don't ask for much. I just have to cut them some slack every so often.
Does that matter?

Ok. I have read on here repeatedly that the reason things are so bad is that people sit on their couches all day and wait for a guvmint check.

But I don't know any of those people. Well, I did have a tenant that got Medicaid. But he couldn't work because of an injury. Does that make him bad?

But anyhow, where do I sign up to get me some of that free guvmint money? Will they send a check to my kids. I get tired of giving money to my kids.

Is there a quick sign up sheet for free guvmint money?

I take it from the Rethugs on here that almost everyone they know is sucking off the guvmint teat.

I don't know anyone. But I want some free money, if it is so readily available.

Got to be like a politician; get it while the gettings good.

So, you rethugs, how many people do you personally know, that is doing all the things you personally hate? Like sitting on a couch getting a guvmint handout check. And if you know them, why can't you get them a job?

Just curious.

And I didn't know this but you have to be poor to get welfare. and food stamps. I haven't been poor since I was a kid. ANy of you rethugs want to be poor? You repubs must hang out with a lot of poor people? I know some working poor. I rent houses to them. Are they bad people to? Just cause they are working poor? They don't ask for much. I just have to cut them some slack every so often.
Does that matter?

Poor means no home, no heat, no food.

Know any?

Know of any?

I hear this man speak and smile.
Happy that there is a politician that isn't
afraid to stand up and say what needs to be said
and then goes out there and tries to fix first his state
and hopefully not too long from now this country.

1. NEW YORK — Gov. Chris Christie today warned an audience of national Republicans that the country is in danger of becoming a "paternalistic entitlement society" where people sit on the couch, "waiting for the next government check."
.....And, who'd have the more-appropriate girth to demonstrate the down-side of sittin'-on-a-couch; overtime?

What about those that are working their tales off just to get by. They collect no checks from the gov't. They do the jobs that need to be done like cleaning and janitorial and other lower paying blue collar jobs. Those that think those jobs should continue to not get increases in pay are snobs and elitists. They want those people to hurt. That cannot, cannot be argued. I'm not talking about welfare recipients. I'm talking about those that are scraping by without any gov't assistance. Why do you WANT and LOVE to make it harder on them? things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

2. ...brought up national policy toward the end. He said it is the least optimistic period he’s ever seen for the nation.

"It’s because government’s now telling them, stop dreaming, stop striving, we’ll take care of you. We’re turning into a paternalistic entitlement society. That will not just bankrupt us financially, it will bankrupt us morally," Christie told Bush, Henry Kissinger and an assortment of Republican governors in a theater at the New York Historical Society.

3. "When the American people no longer believe that this is a place where only their willingness to work hard and to act with honor and integrity and ingenuity determines their success in life, then we’ll have a bunch of people sitting on a couch waiting for their next government check," Christie said."
Gov. Christie: Nation turning into 'people sitting on a couch waiting for their next government check' | NJ.com

Of course, such a warning flies in the teeth of the policies of the current food-stamp, class warfare President....

....but, then there's this:

theblogprof: FDR on welfare 1935: "The lessons of history … show conclusively that continued dependence upon relief induces a spiritual and moral disintegration fundamentally destructive to the national fiber. To dole out relief in this way is

And of course he's right. There was a famous fellow a ways back who said basically the same thing but boiled it down:

"Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country."

The liberals didn't object then.

Did Gov. Chrispie really say some Americans are "couch potatoes"?

Wow, right on. The guy is twice the man any of his opponents are. I heard he loves campaigning with relish. He wants to devour his competition. He is the guy with "big" ideas. But I've heard he has a massive ego, "large" doesn't do it justice. He's a meat and potatoes kind of Republican. I heard he's a man who likes to chew over his ideas. I want to know more about his policies. We seen the appetizer but now it's time for the main course.

Did Gov. Chrispie really say some Americans are "couch potatoes"?

Wow, right on. The guy is twice the man any of his opponents are. I heard he loves campaigning with relish. He wants to devour his competition. He is the guy with "big" ideas. But I've heard he has a massive ego, "large" doesn't do it justice. He's a meat and potatoes kind of Republican. I heard he's a man who likes to chew over his ideas. I want to know more about his policies. We seen the appetizer but now it's time for the main course.

Oh....man.....deanie.... I didn't know you had it in you!
That was funny.

'fraid you made a BIG mistake....

...the gov was inquiring as to your shoe size....something about cement overshoes??

Forum List

Back