Right On, Governor Christie!

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
1. NEW YORK — Gov. Chris Christie today warned an audience of national Republicans that the country is in danger of becoming a "paternalistic entitlement society" where people sit on the couch, "waiting for the next government check."

2. ...brought up national policy toward the end. He said it is the least optimistic period he’s ever seen for the nation.

"It’s because government’s now telling them, stop dreaming, stop striving, we’ll take care of you. We’re turning into a paternalistic entitlement society. That will not just bankrupt us financially, it will bankrupt us morally," Christie told Bush, Henry Kissinger and an assortment of Republican governors in a theater at the New York Historical Society.

3. "When the American people no longer believe that this is a place where only their willingness to work hard and to act with honor and integrity and ingenuity determines their success in life, then we’ll have a bunch of people sitting on a couch waiting for their next government check," Christie said."
Gov. Christie: Nation turning into 'people sitting on a couch waiting for their next government check' | NJ.com

Of course, such a warning flies in the teeth of the policies of the current food-stamp, class warfare President....

....but, then there's this:

"The lessons of history … show conclusively that continued dependence upon relief induces a spiritual and moral disintegration fundamentally destructive to the national fiber. To dole out relief in this way is to administer a narcotic, a subtle destroyer of the human spirit."

These searing words about Depression-era welfare are from Franklin Roosevelt's 1935 State of the Union Address. FDR feared this self-reliant people might come to depend permanently upon government for the necessities of their daily lives. Like narcotics, such a dependency would destroy the fiber and spirit of the nation.
theblogprof: FDR on welfare 1935: "The lessons of history … show conclusively that continued dependence upon relief induces a spiritual and moral disintegration fundamentally destructive to the national fiber. To dole out relief in this way is

Christie's right about us being morally and financially bankrupt......so unless we change our ways....and soon.... we are a nation on the downswing.....

So what do we, the American people do when a financial disaster hits..........we pull ourselves up by the boot straps and do what needs to be done to feed ourselves and put a roof over our head. Politicians don't want to do that...........it's sort of like the college grad that expects to make 6 figures his first year out of college.

You have to cut back spending, reduce the debt and work harder and longer. The Dems answer is just to raise taxes so there is more to spend today. Tomorrow and future generations don't matter right now.

Christie's right about us being morally and financially bankrupt......so unless we change our ways....and soon.... we are a nation on the downswing.....

It's not so much that we are morally bankrupt that we have turned ourselves into a nation of enablers and those of the "I'm a failure because of the 1%er's" which doesn't make any sense at all.

Half of this nation has lost the sense of pride that working for a living has to give. The Democrat strategy of paying for votes has to stop. It's turning our nation into a Democracy gone horribly wrong. Capitalism is a great thing when you have a country that works together.

1. NEW YORK — Gov. Chris Christie today warned an audience of national Republicans that the country is in danger of becoming a "paternalistic entitlement society" where people sit on the couch, "waiting for the next government check."
I have two problem with this:

1. We already are paternalistic entitlement society, the only danger lies in refusal to renounce our ways.

2. He's kinda/sorta chubby.

Wow! that shows the ignorance of Gov. Chris Christie on how the Human services work and the ignorance of people that vote for him. And it is funny that a guy that weighs 400lbs and has collected a government check the last 10 years would be critical of the poor recieving help. But he is right that hope has been destroyed by neocons.

Wow! that shows the ignorance of Gov. Chris Christie on how the Human services work and the ignorance of people that vote for him. And it is funny that a guy that weighs 400lbs and has collected a government check the last 10 years would be critical of the poor recieving help. But he is right that hope has been destroyed by neocons.

you really are a moron if you equate sitting on your ass and cashing a welfare check, to actually working for various government agencies.

Oh please enlighten us on how human sevices work? Why dont democrats ever want to combat the massive fraud in these programs? why do we never see the so called progress these programs make? I've never seen it visually or even on paper, liberals say they work, but do they really?

And I thought my post was silly.

less people in the streets killing for their next meal, or would you prefer that the rich keep feeding drugs to the masses?

you really are a moron if you equate sitting on your ass and cashing a welfare check, to actually working for various government agencies.

And you're a moron if you think people sit on their couch and collect a government check.

Yes..the "Let them eat cake" crowd has spoken. You're on your own..and I got mine.

That's worked so well in so many societies..by gumption.

People always accept the fact that when a small groups of elites run things..starvation is the way to go.

Literally.

Yes..the "Let them eat cake" crowd has spoken. You're on your own..and I got mine.

People always accept the fact that when a small groups of elites run things..starvation is the way to go.

Literally.

Shame on you for talking about the Obama's like that. :lol:

Literally.

I'll be kind and chalk up your post to a re occurrence of your A.D.D.
This from one of the "Let them eat cake" crowd in the OP:

"The lessons of history … show conclusively that continued dependence upon relief induces a spiritual and moral disintegration fundamentally destructive to the national fiber. To dole out relief in this way is to administer a narcotic, a subtle destroyer of the human spirit."

These searing words about Depression-era welfare are from Franklin Roosevelt's 1935 State of the Union Address. FDR feared this self-reliant people might come to depend permanently upon government for the necessities of their daily lives. Like narcotics, such a dependency would destroy the fiber and spirit of the nation.

Need a tissue to wipe that egg off your face?

Why should one strive when one's pay isn't based on productivity anymore?

productivity-wages.jpg

Working families have BUSTED THEIR ASSES to be more productive and what do they have to show for it?

Wages where working families get their incomes, have remained stagnant.
While median incomes have gone up...that's the rich getting their fatter slice of pie than the rest of us.

Government is the only mechanism left open for the poor and middle class to transfer wealth BACK to them since the rich have decided to keep MORE of the spoils for themselves and paid politicians well to do so. That Christie fails to recognize this only shows how utterly oblivious he is. If you don't like having government be the mechanism for this wealth transfer, perhaps you should reinstate high top tax rates which force the rich to reinvest the money that would be otherwise taxed in GROWING their business...you know...like they USED to...build factories...hire workers....that sort of silly stuff?

funny how govt assistance did not ruin the citizens in the uSA during FDR's administrations, and it has not deminished the abilities of today's USA. The thing that kills the work ethics in this nation are a few ultra rich which has lied and misdirected this nation and her politics since the cold war era.

Forum List

Back