Riding High a year ago, Democrats now fear disaster ahead..

and soon the GOP ,will be coming back

Unfortunately, as bad as it is for the Dems, the Republicans are disliked more

But let's add a little perspective here. Quick quiz: which party has more Senate retirements so far this campaign cycle, Democrats or Republicans? Follow-up question: which party has more House retirements so far this campaign cycle, Democrats or Republicans?

If Dems are "dropping like flies," the answer should be obvious. But it's not -- in both chambers, Republican retirements, at least for now, outnumber Democratic retirements.

In the House, 14 GOP incumbents have decided not to seek re-election, while 10 Democratic incumbents have made the same announcement. Does this mean Republicans are "dropping like flies"?

In the Senate, six Republican incumbents have decided not to seek re-election, while two Democratic incumbents have made the same announcement. Is this evidence of a mass Democratic exodus?

Among governors, several incumbents in both parties are term-limited and prevented from running again, but only three Democrats who can seek re-election -- Parkinson in Kansas, Doyle in Wisconsin, and Ritter in Colorado -- have chosen not to. For Republicans, the number is four -- Douglas in Vermont, Rell in Connecticut, Crist in Florida, and Pawlenty in Minnesota. (Update: the GOP number is five if we include Palin in Alaska.)

So, to review, Republican retirements outnumber Democratic retirements in the House, in the Senate, and among governors. The preferred Republican/media meme of the day doesn't match up well against reality.

The Washington Monthly

Last edited:
I can't wait to watch Pelosi eat one of her own. Is it like a chocolate bunny? Does she eat the ears first? Maybe Nancy starts at the toes.

I can't wait to watch Pelosi eat one of her own. Is it like a chocolate bunny? Does she eat the ears first? Maybe Nancy starts at the toes.

:doubt: Regardless of their so called popularity with some folks, they are digging their own graves, and the return of the GOP will come back once again, and do what they do.This i believe happened When Obama came into office. It's their funeral...

:doubt: Regardless of their so called popularity with some folks, they are digging their own graves, and the return of the GOP will come back once again, and do what they do.This i believe happened When Obama came into office. It's their funeral...

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KIiUqfxFttM[/ame]​

Riding high a year ago, Democrats now fear disaster ahead | McClatchy

:( Obama is not helping much.The party is falling through the political floor, and soon the GOP ,will be coming back.SHIT!!!!

Dream on, nut job. Almost all Presidents see their party lose seats in the off year election .

I guess your post proves how badly your psyche got beaten down by Obama's win. For tools like you he was larger than life.

Dems are hardly in trouble.

You fools said 2006 wouldn't be bad.

You idiots thought having Obama beat Clinton would make a GOP Pres a shoe in. Now we hear your usual delusional and hysterical rantings about coming back?

bwahahahahahahahahahahaha...

You may be right. But what were your predictions for 2006 and 2008?

lol

Generic Congressional Ballot
Generic Ballot: Republicans 44%, Democrats 35%

Tuesday, January 05, 2010 Email to a Friend ShareThisAdvertisement
Republican candidates start the year by opening a nine-point lead over Democrats, the GOP's biggest in several years, in the latest edition of the Generic Congressional Ballot.

The new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey shows that 44% would vote for their district’s Republican congressional candidate while 35% would opt for his or her Democratic opponent.

Oooooooooooooops !!!!!!!

once again..........................

laughing_man-6.jpg

Generic Congressional Ballot
Generic Ballot: Republicans 44%, Democrats 35%

Tuesday, January 05, 2010 Email to a Friend ShareThisAdvertisement
Republican candidates start the year by opening a nine-point lead over Democrats, the GOP's biggest in several years, in the latest edition of the Generic Congressional Ballot.

The new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey shows that 44% would vote for their district’s Republican congressional candidate while 35% would opt for his or her Democratic opponent.

Oooooooooooooops !!!!!!!

once again..........................

laughing_man-6.jpg

WOW......Rasmussen has a poll showing Republicans in a more favorable light than Democrats? I'm SHOCKED!:cuckoo:

WOW......Rasmussen has a poll showing Republicans in a more favorable light than Democrats? I'm SHOCKED!

Rassmussen is the Baghdad Bob of pollsters

bagdad_bob_large.gif

Forum List

Back