Ridicule, political opinions & a new phenomenon

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
I think this is the first time in my life that I haven't supported a particular candidate and been crucified for expressing my disgust. Keep in mind that there is no circumstance on this earth that could propel me to vote for the Democratic nominee. Yet the crucifixion goes on as planned. This is supposed to be a country basking in the right to freedom of speech but if I exercise mine the sewage spews forth uncontrollably.
When the choice was Romney or McCain vs Obama I chose them both over Obama but many of you didn't. I went along with the lesser of two evils theory while lots of you lambasted them for not being TRUE conservatives. To this day many of you still target them with your attacks. Neither then nor now did I quote your posts and call you names or insinuate that you were stupid for letting Obama win.

The my way or the highway logic is flawed. One thing I admire despite the possible consequences in November is that the right is comprised of a diverse set of thoughts or ideas rather than the hive mind that the left seem to be. Dissension is what propels us forward, makes us better, makes us think outside the box.
No matter my choice, Trump vs Mickey Mouse, I will support him if he wins & give him the opportunity to prove me wrong but my vote is owed to no one and is not for sale to the highest bidder.

I think this is the first time in my life that I haven't supported a particular candidate and been crucified for expressing my disgust. Keep in mind that there is no circumstance on this earth that could propel me to vote for the Democratic nominee. Yet the crucifixion goes on as planned. This is supposed to be a country basking in the right to freedom of speech but if I exercise mine the sewage spews forth uncontrollably.
When the choice was Romney or McCain vs Obama I chose them both over Obama but many of you didn't. I went along with the lesser of two evils theory while lots of you lambasted them for not being TRUE conservatives. To this day many of you still target them with your attacks. Neither then nor now did I quote your posts and call you names or insinuate that you were stupid for letting Obama win.

The my way or the highway logic is flawed. One thing I admire despite the possible consequences in November is that the right is comprised of a diverse set of thoughts or ideas rather than the hive mind that the left seem to be. Dissension is what propels us forward, makes us better, makes us think outside the box.
No matter my choice, Trump vs Mickey Mouse, I will support him if he wins & give him the opportunity to prove me wrong but my vote is owed to no one and is not for sale to the highest bidder.

It's a shame that the right didn't give Obama that same opportunity. They decided to oppose everything he wanted to do before he was even inaugurated. They didn't care if it hurt the country as long as it was opposing Obama.

Welcome to the new conservatism, it has no real philosophy, just a set of conditioned responses to fear-mongering and scapegoating.

• Banned
And just to clarify I don't post a lot about Hillary because EVERYONE with a brain knows I don't support her so what's the point? I don't need a cheerleader squad of thanks on my posts to feel included or appreciated. And no leftie is going to care what I have to say about her so what's gained? If all of us held our own to account half our problems would likely vanish. And that goes for both sides.

As in all things, you do the best you can.

• Banned

It's a shame that the right didn't give Obama that same opportunity. They decided to oppose everything he wanted to do before he was even inaugurated. They didn't care if it hurt the country as long as it was opposing Obama.
Many on the right gave him that opportunity. He wouldn't have won the election without their help. I was not one of those cross over voters. Historical firsts as a motive to vote are beyond stupid.

Many on the right gave him that opportunity. He wouldn't have won the election without their help. I was not one of those cross over voters. Historical firsts as a motive to vote are beyond stupid.

And implying that is the only reason he was elected is stupid.

still waiting for this big list of things Obama would have done to save America if evil repubs hadnt prevented him.....never mind the dem Congress....

Republicans have forgotten that most people prefer optimism to pessimism.

If you base it on any other "normal" factor his election to the presidency does not add up. The man was basically a ghost all his life. But I digress, they gave him a chance. Not all obviously but many

If you base it on any other "normal" factor his election to the presidency does not add up. The man was basically a ghost all his life. But I digress, they gave him a chance. Not all obviously but many

No. Not from the right.

I think this is the first time in my life that I haven't supported a particular candidate and been crucified for expressing my disgust.

Crucified by the right, because you dared leave the collective.

That's why it's so good to be a liberal . We never have to worry about being savaged by other liberals for daring to have a heretical opinion.

The my way or the highway logic is flawed.

So become a liberal. Problem fixed.

Oh, you will have to stop projecting your own moral flaws if you become a liberal, because we don't do projection. The reason-based community is like that.

I think this is the first time in my life that I haven't supported a particular candidate and been crucified for expressing my disgust.

Crucified by the right, because you dared leave the collective.

That's why it's so good to be a liberal . We never have to worry about being savaged by other liberals for daring to have a heretical opinion.

The my way or the highway logic is flawed.

So become a liberal. Problem fixed.

Oh, you will have to stop projecting your own moral flaws if you become a liberal, because we don't do projection. The reason-based community is like that.
:bsflag:

That's another thing. If you want to be a liberal, you have to be able to back up your claims, instead of just yelling insults at people. So you'll have to work on that before we allow you in.

The left is rapidly becoming CT central. Thinking Trump and Brexit are some sort of international nationalist plot is not only oxymoronic it don't even make good nonsense. Yet it is the stated D doctrine as put forth by its nominee Hillary. Whatever to pointing fingers and laughing at such lunacy?

Forum List

Back