Riddle of the Dems.

Well, if the economy stays in the dump, then President Obama will probably be a single term president. If the economy is just up a little, a strong Republican candidate might give him a good run. If the economy is doing well, then President Obama will be a two term president.

If we get a real Health Care bill with a public option, and a strong economy, you just as well run Palin, and get it out of your system. Then you can run a serious candidate in 2016.

Exactly.

I've never speculated on who will run in the next election, because it is generally a surprise except maybe for Hillary. Who woulda thunk a junior senator from IL? However, I am hoping that some young fresh face appears within the next few years that no one even really knows right now. I have heard Eric Cantor's name tossed around but I don't know much about him ex. that he's Jewish. Wonder how the left will approach that with the personal attacks.

After that speech at the convention in 2004, it was a general consensus Obama would run at some point. The only unknown was when. As for Cantor, they won't need to. The Birchers would never nominate a Jew.

Well, if the economy stays in the dump, then President Obama will probably be a single term president. If the economy is just up a little, a strong Republican candidate might give him a good run. If the economy is doing well, then President Obama will be a two term president.

If we get a real Health Care bill with a public option, and a strong economy, you just as well run Palin, and get it out of your system. Then you can run a serious candidate in 2016.

Is this a rational post from you, Rocks?

I think this is one of the signs of the Apocalypse!

I've never speculated on who will run in the next election, because it is generally a surprise except maybe for Hillary. Who woulda thunk a junior senator from IL? However, I am hoping that some young fresh face appears within the next few years that no one even really knows right now. I have heard Eric Cantor's name tossed around but I don't know much about him ex. that he's Jewish. Wonder how the left will approach that with the personal attacks.

"...ex. that he's Jewish. Wonder how the left will approach that with the personal attacks."

The left will have no compunctions about attacking; recall the attacks on any black Republican.

Wasn't it Hoyer who referred to Steele as "the Republican lawn jockey"?

It's their stock in trade.

"...speculated on who will run in the next election..." We live in interesting times. Could Hillary oppose a President if his popularity is low?

Could a Conservative garner more than 40%?

Can the Democrat damage be reversed?

Tell us Lumps, who do YOU want to run on the Republican Ticket for 2012, and why that person?

I go with Newt & Palin at this point but it will change...

I'd look at Saxby Chambliss, John Thune and Jim DeMint

Mention 'Big Oil' to the average American and get the knee-jerk, conditioned raction.

As long as the public's knowledge is wall-paper thin, anti-business, go-along to get-along, Republicans will simply be Democrat-lite, and it will only delay the inevitable.

The one person who has actually said that they might run, and who ever one believes will make a run (Sarah Palin) is already under attack by the dems and the press.

I mean the AP had 2 people fact check a 2000 page bill that will affect 1/6 of our entire economy. Yet the same AP had 11, that's eleven, people fact check a 400+ page book of Sarah Palin's.

We see where the priorities lie.

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

Forum List

Back