Riddle of the Dems.

Lumpy 1

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2009
Did you ever wonder why Democrats are always asking about who will be the Republican candidate for President in 2012?

Why they harp on Sarah Palin or any Republican that pokes out from the pack.

Ya me too..?

My guess is they want to distract from the dismal failures of a Democratic Controlled Congress and Obama. They can't face reality.

Also, after Bush they need a new chew toy.

The reason is simple

Because it is blatantly obvious that the Republicans lack any viable candidates. As much as the Republicans attack President Obama and try to sidetrack initiatives, their bottom line is that they must ultimately appear in a voting booth and expect someone to vote the Republican line.

Republicans have no candidates, no message and no funding

All they have is NO

They are scared. They are 1st afraid that Obama won't get them their liberal utopia before 2012 and then they worry that someones dead dog will beat him in the election.

Well, if the economy stays in the dump, then President Obama will probably be a single term president. If the economy is just up a little, a strong Republican candidate might give him a good run. If the economy is doing well, then President Obama will be a two term president.

If we get a real Health Care bill with a public option, and a strong economy, you just as well run Palin, and get it out of your system. Then you can run a serious candidate in 2016.

I'm hoping its King Ghidorah myself.

He could really effect change!

King-Ghidorah.JPG

Personally I think it's too soon to worry about 2012. I believe 2010 will be quite interesting.

Quite correct - 2010 is the big battle right now, and itself will greatly impact 2012.

Interestingly enough, large Republican gains in 2010 might very well be among Obama's best means of getting re-elected in 2012...

The reason is simple

Because it is blatantly obvious that the Republicans lack any viable candidates. As much as the Republicans attack President Obama and try to sidetrack initiatives, their bottom line is that they must ultimately appear in a voting booth and expect someone to vote the Republican line.

All they have is NO
If that true, why do you care? Seems you should be working on your own problems.

The reason is simple

All they have is NO
If that true, why do you care? Seems you should be working on your own problems.

The best way to avoid faults is to find them in someone or something else.

Tell us Lumps, who do YOU want to run on the Republican Ticket for 2012, and why that person?

I go with Newt & Palin at this point but it will change...

I'd look at Saxby Chambliss, John Thune and Jim DeMint

Last edited:
Well, if the economy stays in the dump, then President Obama will probably be a single term president. If the economy is just up a little, a strong Republican candidate might give him a good run. If the economy is doing well, then President Obama will be a two term president.

If we get a real Health Care bill with a public option, and a strong economy, you just as well run Palin, and get it out of your system. Then you can run a serious candidate in 2016.

That is the 2012 election in a nutshell

Republicans are banking on a horrific economy since that is the only way one of their marginal candidates can get elected

If the economy is up from the depths it was a year ago, Republicans will need a strong candidate and a platform that appeals to the moderates. This is where the republicans are struggling badly. No candidates, no message....no funding

If the economy recovers. Obama and the Dems clean house

I'm still waiting for an answer on WHO they think would be strong candidates, and WHY.

Lumps threw out a few names, but had no explanation on why he thinks they would be the right choices.

Anyone else have any ideas?

I've never speculated on who will run in the next election, because it is generally a surprise except maybe for Hillary. Who woulda thunk a junior senator from IL? However, I am hoping that some young fresh face appears within the next few years that no one even really knows right now. I have heard Eric Cantor's name tossed around but I don't know much about him ex. that he's Jewish. Wonder how the left will approach that with the personal attacks.

It is entirely too early to begin to consider who should run for the GOP.

However, the liberals are clearly up in arms and they have every right to be. They are frustrated to no end and I can't blame them.

The rode a huge political wave into the White House and to make it more monumental, it was a huge Social Wave as well. They made history with a black man and they control the HILL. They own the nation politically, socially and morally.

Then their champion stud had to perform and came out of the stable with a limp dick!

My God, all that foreplay only to be left with a limp dick ........ no wonder they are frustrated.

For a long time I felt that if the economy improved, that it would save Obama for a 2nd term. However, now I'm not so sure. The improvement I feel is going to have to be very substantial and he will have to rise to the occasion on at least some of the other issues as well.

He has already damaged himself too much. ............ I mean come on, he spent much of his first months still making info commercials and pissing on and on about talk show hosts and new networks.

He cannot make a decisive military decision or one at all.

He has stumbled and stammered through the healthcare deal so far!

And even after traveling the world, he has always returned empty handed with Russia and China both humoring him, but, leaving him high and dry!

Face it, Obama can't get it up and if by chance he does, can he keep it up?

I doubt it. ........... Poor Michelle!

Mike

The reason is simple

All they have is NO

That is an argument for ignoring the Republicans altogether, not freaking about individuals.

Did you ever wonder why Democrats are always asking about who will be the Republican candidate for President in 2012?

Why they harp on Sarah Palin or any Republican that pokes out from the pack.

Ya me too..?

My guess is they want to distract from the dismal failures of a Democratic Controlled Congress and Obama. They can't face reality.

Also, after Bush they need a new chew toy.

Every wonder why twice as many Palin threads here are started by conservatives than are started by liberals? If talking about Palin is a measure of obsession, that would make some people twice as obsessed as others.

Forum List

Back