Riddle Me This AGW Cult

Based on your unsubstantiated ASSUMPTION that the petrified trees could not have been older than 14 million years old. Trees first appeared 380 million years ago, so riddle me this, why exactly can't petrified trees be older than 14 million years old???????

So how old are they?...The article says that the wood is 4 million years old. Do you have some secret evidence to the contrary? What's the matter? Don't like the fact that your "continents were in different places" argument went down in flames?

Geez guy...do you really think that antartica has always been covered with ice? The fact is that both the arctic and the antarctic have more ice today than they have had for most of the past 10,000 years...
No, the article says the chunks of wood were 4,000 years old, the other article about the petrified trees only said millions of years and did not give a number. The not more than 14 million number came from someones fat ass and that claim was the only thing that went down in flames. But nice try at projection.

Oh,...I understand...You either can't read, or didn't bother to read...

Antarctica bombshell: Four-million-year-old discovery stuns scientist – ‘Phenomenal!’

“This is a piece of southern beach.

This wood is not fossilised in the sense that if it is petrified it could still burn.

To find the wood and leaves together is pretty phenomenal, it’s really phenomenal for Antarctica.

It dates back to a period of about 4 million years ago.”

It states 4 million years in pretty stark language....and we know that the continents were not in different places 4 milion years ago...que up the next excuse...
And that is NOT the same link, so once again you dishonestly conflate different articles, places and pieces of wood and different continents.

It is the same link he provided in post #3 of this thread....You really don't read anything that questions you faith do you?...you seem to just go on about how unfair and dishonest everyone is to poor little you. Get over yourself...He provided the links and they say what he said that they say and your bullshit about the continents being in different places at the time was just wrong...
It is still 3 different links to 3 different places on 3 different continents at 3 different time periods. The OP was 4,000 year old wood chunks in the Alps exaggerated into trees and forests, and when challenged about the tree and forest claim it became petrified trees from an island in the Canadian Arctic and non-petrified trees from Antarctica.
The fact remains that the continents drift and they do not have to drift very far to have a more hospitable climate for growing trees.

Can't seem to find anything about it.

Link to something that isn't a denier website?

I can't find the link to his alleged discovery either. It is not sourced in the Newsmax article at all.

I looked all over the internet for a posted research report or published paper about it, not found at all.

I wonder what Dr. Schlüchter’s found....?

The only reference to the discovery is from this INTERVIEW, otherwise nothing at all on the internet, no posted report or published paper.

Weird that such discovery is hard to find in literature.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back