Rick Warren is pro-gay marriage????

DavidS

Anti-Tea Party Member
Sep 7, 2008
New York, NY
Warren waver on Prop 8 stuns leaders - Washington Times

Evangelical leaders say they are bewildered and stunned by the Rev. Rick Warren's apparent turnaround on gay marriage after the famous California pastor said earlier this week that he was not a proponent of California's Proposition 8.

Mr. Warren told CNN's Larry King on Monday that he "never once even gave an endorsement" of the proposition, which said marriage in the state could only involve one man and one woman. The measure won at the polls last November by a close margin, in effect negating an earlier California Supreme Court ruling allowing gay marriages.

Proponents of the proposition had gathered from earlier comments that Mr. Warren stood with them on the issue, and they reacted vigorously to his CNN interview.

"I was extremely troubled by the way he appeared to be so anxious to distance himself from the same-sex issue and to make clear he was not an 'activist' and that he'd only addressed the issue in a very minor way," said the Rev. Al Mohler, president of the Southern Baptist Theological Seminary in Louisville, Ky.

Wendy Wright, president of Concerned Women for America, said his denial is "absolutely baffling."

I was afraid of this. I've heard that if you hang around with liberals too long, they'll give you the gay. Poor Rick probably never saw it coming.

I was afraid of this. I've heard that if you hang around with liberals too long, they'll give you the gay. Poor Rick probably never saw it coming.

That's fucking hilarious!

But wait. What about all those conservative leaders? They weren't hanging around liberals, were they? (Sharp intake of breath) No!

I was unaware it took a backbone to do what was popular.

Hm. Didn't the majority vote for Prop. 8?

Maybe he's just getting ready for when Prop. 8 is deemed unconstitutional, the rest of the states in the nation officially recognize same-sex marriage, Americans wake up from their homophobic stupor and he won't totally lose his political relevancy.

Maybe he's just getting ready for when Prop. 8 is deemed unconstitutional, the rest of the states in the nation officially recognize same-sex marriage, Americans wake up from their homophobic stupor and he won't totally lose his political relevancy.

The "majority" of people voted for Prop 8 because of the black community in California. The black community in California voted for Prop 8 because they were mis-informed about Obama's stance on gay marriage.

The "majority" of people voted for Prop 8 because of the black community in California. The black community in California voted for Prop 8 because they were mis-informed about Obama's stance on gay marriage.

Um ... yeah ... :confused:

The majority doesnt necessarily decide whats popular. The media does. The culture.

Why? Because Blacks are just dumb lemmings who do what their told? That's a disgusting proposition.

The majority doesnt necessarily decide whats popular. The media does. The culture.

Actually ... that is the purest form of popularity ... the media is controlled by what is popular, not the other way around. Do you think FOX actually WANTS to show American Idol 5 days a week? If they don't show what is popular they fail, like UPN did, and wind up being bought out by someone who is showing more popular things. Popularity is by definition what the majority wants. If PC was popular in any amount then comedians would have no jobs, blacks would own everyone else, etc.. But it's not. The preacher went against popularity with this, and most who do get kicked out by their own churches.

Why? Because Blacks are just dumb lemmings who do what their told? That's a disgusting proposition.

It may be disgusting, but it's probably true.

Barack Obama may have helped California Proposition 8 gay marriage ban pass - Telegraph

Forum List

Back