Rick Santorum's School Scandal

Yah. Ambiguity. Would they have been considered legal residents of PA for purposes of getting in-state tuition? :dunno:

beats me- i don't think there's in and out of state tuition for grade school

Oops, I didn't get to the edit before you answered.

I meant would they qualify for in-state tuition if they were going to college?

They are legal residents of PA, getting schooled in VA using what is known as 'distance learning'. If they were coing to college in VA, they would not qualify for in-state tuition...but I think you already knew that, knucklehead.

The thing that is unusual is Santorum chose to move his whole family to the DC area, rather than commute back and forth.

I worked hard for the little I have thats why santorum cant relate to me. That goes for the all the rest of the filthy rich candidates. Why people get behind ANY of them is beyond me. american people just really arent very smart. How can someone who has millions relate to those who barely make ends meet? Answer? THEY CANT.

Since you have worked hard for what you have, you should be able to identify with Santorum. In Iowa, Santorum was vastly outspent, so he drove around in a pickup truck to each county in Iowa, meeting people in person in many cities - both large and small. He is the grandson of a coal miner, Santorum has had to work very hard for everything he has accomplished, including when he first got into congress by working hard and winning in a district that the majority of the registered voters was Democrat, and winning the U.S. Senate in 2000 by 6 points when George W. Bush lost the state of Pennsylvannia by 5 points. Santorum is a hard worker, everything he has he has earned.

Now, if you are so upset about someone who has millions, you should really dislike Barack Obama since his goal is to have a 1 billion dollar warchest for the 2012 election. Imagine that, spending $1 billion for a job that pays $450,000 a year.

Let's see.. If I am correct, your beloved President of the US doesn't send his kids to public school.

Way to miss the point.

Santorum didn't send his kids to private school, he sent them to a public school.

The public school was in Penn. Santorum, on the other hand, lives in Virginia.

And the kids didn't really go there, they stayed in Virginia.

The "public" school, on the other hand, did collect $100,000 in tuition.

But not from Santorum - from the taxpayers of Penn.

The guy who owns the school, meanwhile, is both a big Republican donor, and the recipient of millions of dollars of taxpayer funds - which he gets for cyber-schooling kids like the Santorums.

Forum List

Back