Rick Santorums record appears to be very good as a social conserative!

Social conservatives put right wing, moral majority religious dogma before the constitution and are the biggest threat to the constitution out of all of our political camps.

AGREED--Rick Santorum believes he can LEGISLATE "personal behavior" from Washington D.C.--and lets face it--he get's the uglyest--hateful look on that face of his--when he speaks about homosexuals. And this will turn off lots of voters--even conservative ones who have friends or family that are gay--let alone send independents running from him.

He's also got some issues about bragging about the earmarks he requested for Virginia--actually stating he LOVES EARMARKS.

Then we can go into him signing off on doubling down on education during the Bush years.

Rick Perry Hits Rick Santorum With New Ad: “I’ll Defend Earmarks” | Politicons

I like Newt. He would be my first pick. If that doesn't happen, I can go with Rick Santorum. ANYBODY besides Romney. I think he's a creep.

I agree, I could easily switch my support to Santorum...I can't believe he got any traction.

Windsock Romney is liberal-lite.

I like Newt. He would be my first pick. If that doesn't happen, I can go with Rick Santorum. ANYBODY besides Romney. I think he's a creep.

I agree, I could easily switch my support to Santorum...I can't believe he got any traction.

There's going to be something happening here fairly quickly--and it will be the squeeze on Mitt Romney.

During 2008 we watched Huckabee win Iowa--guess who came in 4th place? John McCain. Romney started to come on fairly strong--and Huckabee and McCain rubbed him out in S. Carolina--with Huckabee then dropping out.

Mitt Romney has made a lot of candidate enemies in all of this--especially with the onslaught of negative campaign ads directed at Newt Gingrich. Newt has decided to fire back--and is now in New Hampshire doing that. He will then head into S. Carolina where he still has a lead--and if Santorum and Gingrich gang up on Mitt Romney--Romney is going to feel the heat in that own kitchen of his he has been talking about.

So--I really wouldn't count Newt Gingrich out of this yet--I think--that Mitt Romney just kicked a sleeping giant and woke him up.

Santorum said that the victims of priest abuse were just engaging in homosexual relationships. He also said that having a Mormon for a prez would result in leading "Christians" away from his version of "Christianity".

Santorum is scum. He's vicious and crazy. And, ain't nobody who is as pious as he is.

There's going to be something happening here fairly quickly--and it will be the squeeze on Mitt Romney.

During 2008 we watched Huckabee win Iowa--guess who came in 4th place? John McCain. Romney started to come on fairly strong--and Huckabee and McCain rubbed him out in S. Carolina--with Huckabee then dropping out.

Mitt Romney has made a lot of candidate enemies in all of this--especially with the onslaught of negative campaign ads directed at Newt Gingrich. Newt has decided to fire back--and is now in New Hampshire doing that. He will then head into S. Carolina where he still has a lead--and if Santorum and Gingrich gang up on Mitt Romney--Romney is going to feel the heat in that own kitchen of his he has been talking about.

So--I really wouldn't count Newt Gingrich out of this yet--I think--that Mitt Romney just kicked a sleeping giant and woke him up.

I could live with Newt...the problem with Newt is his baggage.

That hurts him more than anything else.

Santorum can unite the three factions of the Conservatives...Social, Fiscal and Defense...and may draw in the Libertarians with his voting record of shrinking government and debt.

Do any of your rw's care that when the Weiner shit hit the fan, Santorum said he should resign and try to make it good with his own family,

BUT

When it was Ensign who went to Santorum for help, Santorum helped him hide what he had done and helped him to stay in office.

Any of you care that this "family values" guy is the world's biggest hypocrite and an accomplice to the Ensign/Vitter nasty mess?

No?

Didn't think so.

The only question I have about Santorum is how much will he cut and what's his record there? We need to reduce the debt and get this nation back on track. I'd like him to cut the epa at least!

From memory here but he voted for a gazillion dollar teapot museum. He also voted for the bridge to nowhere in order to benefit 50 people.

He's actually in favor of HUGE government.

If you want to see things cut, the epa should not be at the top of that list. You might want to look at the enormous waste by the House. Senate too.

Or not. I realize that its "in" to be against the ordinary people and against helping the middle class so of course, that would include the epa.

And, don't forget, we could save about $4 if we got rid of public tv. :cuckoo::cuckoo:

...I could easily switch my support to Santorum...

I honestly don't get this.

This screwball, Santorum, has said he wants to define and control what constitutes a normal" sexual relationship in the United States.

He has also said we left Iraq too soon and that he wants to bomb Iran.

How can any US citizen be in favor of having their sex lives controlled by government?

And, how the hell is THAT "smaller government"?

OTOH, Santorum was once a "pro-rassling" lobbyist.

I'll ask it again, WHY can't the pubs come up with even ONE decent candidate? How come they can't find anything but nutcases?

I don't see how anyone with a Ron Paul 2012 picture thinks this guy is for liberty? Couldn't get further from it.

He is against personal choice, wants to impose his viewpoints on the nation and is a war-monger
He is against homosexuals.
Wants to further increase penalties on drug offenses; yet our jails are already filled with non-violent drug offenders.
He wants troops in Iraq, thinks we should have pulled out of Afghanistan slower and wants to go after Iran.

Voted YES on $17.9 billion to IMF (Of course)

Some quotes:
Don't cut one penny out of defense spending.
"I agree with Bush 98% of the time, but I say when I don’t." (Sep 2006)
Work with Israel to take out Iranian nukes by force. (Nov 2011)

More of the same ole BS!

Last edited:
...I could easily switch my support to Santorum...

I honestly don't get this.

This screwball, Santorum, has said he wants to define and control what constitutes a normal" sexual relationship in the United States.

He has also said we left Iraq too soon and that he wants to bomb Iran.

How can any US citizen be in favor of having their sex lives controlled by government?

And, how the hell is THAT "smaller government"?

OTOH, Santorum was once a "pro-rassling" lobbyist.

I'll ask it again, WHY can't the pubs come up with even ONE decent candidate? How come they can't find anything but nutcases?
Does this sound like small government?

Santorum says, in all seriousness, “One of the things I will talk about, that no president has talked about before, is I think the dangers of contraception in this country…. It’s not okay. It’s a license to do things in a sexual realm that is counter to how things are supposed to be.”
Rick Santorum Favors Making Birth Control Illegal

If the GOP is stupid enough to nominate Santorum, it will be a landslide in November for President Obama. Santorum is a fruitcake of the first order, and will go ballistic in the first debate.

Newt has problems telling right from left sometimes too.

Newt has some anger issues too. Not sure i want him in power with those.

If the GOP is stupid enough to nominate Santorum, it will be a landslide in November for President Obama. Santorum is a fruitcake of the first order, and will go ballistic in the first debate.

You are seriously in denial over Obama's major problems and focusing on a caricature of Santorum.

Forum List

Back