Rick Santorum's rambling CPAC speech.

2wqaiba.jpg

"Read my teleprompter, no new taxes!"

If you were able to see the teleprompter, you would have seen that he said, "KNOW new taxes"

:eusa_whistle:

Seriously? Libs are watching CPAC?

Libs listen more to Limbaugh and watch more CPAC in a week than I do in years

Just finished watching it. Oh gosh..I hope this guy gets a new speechwriter. He's probably just blown any momentum he's had.

To be sure it was a rambling diatribe bereft of vision or cause. He sounds like any conservative poster here..hateful of Obama and dismissive of anything that doesn't fit into his agenda..which seems to be low regulations and low taxes.

It was incredibly negative and sure to scare away people that aren't into theocracy.

This is the Newt/Willard alternative?

:lol:

Sallow...

Please...and with all due respect...

You did not watch Santorum speak so you can see the value in him as a candidate. You watched him speak so you can find reasons to criticize him.

That being said, it is quite simple for anyone to find anything that anyone says as troublesome, boring, long winded or hypocritical.

I wish partisans from both sides spent as much time vetting their own as they do vetting the opposite side. We actually may end up with good people in elected positions.
That might explain how you listen to President Obama.

Last edited:
Santorum's full speech at CPAC 2012 (with the aid of a telemprompter, by the way :lol: ): [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Pdy09iQrNw]Full Speech Rick Santorum at CPAC 2012 » The Right Scoop - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
Just finished watching it. Oh gosh..I hope this guy gets a new speechwriter. He's probably just blown any momentum he's had.

To be sure it was a rambling diatribe bereft of vision or cause. He sounds like any conservative poster here..hateful of Obama and dismissive of anything that doesn't fit into his agenda..which seems to be low regulations and low taxes.

It was incredibly negative and sure to scare away people that aren't into theocracy.

At least he made EVERYONE aware the Teabaggers.....

"....ARE the Republican Party!!"

532.gif
528.gif

He's a "Washington Insider" just like Newt ;) The Washington Examiner, local D.C. conservative paper, voted him one of the most corrupt members of congress. Don't believe me?
Rick Santorum: Top-tier on Most Corrupt Member of Congress list 2 years running - Washington DC Conservative | Examiner.com

I read the article. Seems kinda small time to me. If he didn't live in the proper place to represent his district why wasn't he removed from office? And as far as his kids school, I thought they were home schooled?

Oddly there were three points mentioned & you only covered the first two :eusa_whistle: Here is the third point:

Rick Santorum: Top-tier on Most Corrupt Member of Congress list 2 years running - Washington DC Conservative | Examiner.com
Why did you have a history of remarkable timing in sponsoring bills in favor of specific industries that had just donated money to your campaign?

He's a "Washington Insider" just like Newt ;) The Washington Examiner, local D.C. conservative paper, voted him one of the most corrupt members of congress. Don't believe me?

I read the article. Seems kinda small time to me. If he didn't live in the proper place to represent his district why wasn't he removed from office? And as far as his kids school, I thought they were home schooled?

Oddly there were three points mentioned & you only covered the first two :eusa_whistle: Here is the third point:

Why did you have a history of remarkable timing in sponsoring bills in favor of specific industries that had just donated money to your campaign?

Moonbattery » Most Corrupt Politicians of 2011

President Obama makes Judicial Watch’s “Ten Most Wanted” list for a fifth consecutive year.

According to CREW's 2005 report, his children's home schooling was paid for by Pennsylvania taxpayers, to the tune of $67,000, even though he and his family lived in Virginia.

Since the 2001-2002 school year, at least three of Sen. Santorum’s children haveattended a Pennsylvania cyber charter school in Penn Hills, PA, costing local taxpayersabout $67,000,1although the Senator and his family spend most of the year in Virginia.2 Cyber-school students attend classes via the internet, for which the connection is paid bythe school; they use school-provided computers, textbooks, and evaluations services.3 Under Pennsylvania law, local school districts are required to pay for the tuition of students in their district who choose the cyber-school option.4In Virginia, where Sen. Santorum owns a house and lives with his wife andchildren, state law only requires local school districts to pay for the private education of students who have disabilities and are enrolled in schools which cannot satisfactorilymeet their needs.5Otherwise, Virginia children must attend their local public schools.

http://www.crewsmostcorrupt.org/mostcorrupt/entry/most-corrupt-2005

According to CREW's 2005 report, his children's home schooling was paid for by Pennsylvania taxpayers, to the tune of $67,000, even though he and his family lived in Virginia.

Since the 2001-2002 school year, at least three of Sen. Santorum’s children haveattended a Pennsylvania cyber charter school in Penn Hills, PA, costing local taxpayersabout $67,000,1although the Senator and his family spend most of the year in Virginia.2 Cyber-school students attend classes via the internet, for which the connection is paid bythe school; they use school-provided computers, textbooks, and evaluations services.3 Under Pennsylvania law, local school districts are required to pay for the tuition of students in their district who choose the cyber-school option.4In Virginia, where Sen. Santorum owns a house and lives with his wife andchildren, state law only requires local school districts to pay for the private education of students who have disabilities and are enrolled in schools which cannot satisfactorilymeet their needs.5Otherwise, Virginia children must attend their local public schools.

CREW’s Most Corrupt Report 2005: Beyond DeLay | CREW's Most Corrupt Members of Congress

Does he pay property tax in Pennsylvania?

It's interesting that we've had 3 pages of remarks and not a single person has attempted to address anything of substance that Santorum said. Who cares if he was boring? What did he say that you opposed? What did he say that you supported? Try to address the substance.

I only got to hear a bit of it. His girls looked very proud of their father. The boys, well they were boys.

I think he is a good man but admittedly I don't know everything about his past or what his specific proposals are.

He's got a beautiful family..no doubt.

That's not what I was referring too. Do yourself a favor (Well if you can sit through it) and really listen.

I was no fan of Reagan..but the guy was absolutely spot on when he gave speeches.

Well of course you're keeping in mind he was speaking to the deeply conservative so naturally it will disturb you as a democrat. Personally I'm less interested in whats said in a pandering speech, which they all do, and more interested in his actual proposals. Which I will now be looking into before our caucus.

Have any of them actually stated "actual proposals"? I've heard very little beyond tax the poor, keep tinkle down economics because paying the rich creates jobs - or will someday create jobs - maybe for the 51st state on the moon??

Very telling that the GObP could not come up with even one intelligent American "conservative" to run. Not even one.

Think about it. Their very best shot is a corporate raider who never created jobs when he was governor (47th in the country in job creation) and only knows how to destroy American companies in order to invest his profits in foreign banks and foreign companies.

Since Mittens left Mass, it has blossomed and is now near the top in education and health care.

Santorum - I heard part of it. Pretty strange really. Like he didn't know what to say so he tried to say all of it. He's corrupt, lied while in office and got caught with hush money for a sex scandal. And, yet, he has the nerve to want to tell the rest of us how to live our personal and private lives. Damn sneaky hypocrite.

I only got to hear a bit of it. His girls looked very proud of their father. The boys, well they were boys.

I think he is a good man but admittedly I don't know everything about his past or what his specific proposals are.

Rick Santorum, doesn't have a snowballs chance in Haitti of beating Barack Obama. He is way--way--to far right on social issues to appeal to women. .

He's is against abortion--even in the case of rape and incest. Even pro-life conservative women do not agree with this stance, and most of us do not think his continual bashing and offensive remarks toward gays is a real winning trait of Santorum. In my opinion it displays a very angry man underneath it all--with poor character traits--and one who seems intent on having everything his way--regardless of the consequences to the victims of brutal rape and incest.

Santorum is just too radical to even get close to the nomination. Thankfully he wasn't wearing those 1960 sweater vests--LOL--he just made his sons wear them.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtHkDDqexHs]Santorum: No Rape or Incest Exceptions - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:

Sallow...

Please...and with all due respect...

You did not watch Santorum speak so you can see the value in him as a candidate. You watched him speak so you can find reasons to criticize him.

That being said, it is quite simple for anyone to find anything that anyone says as troublesome, boring, long winded or hypocritical.

I wish partisans from both sides spent as much time vetting their own as they do vetting the opposite side. We actually may end up with good people in elected positions.

That's asinine.

If you saw the speech and thought something different..let me know.

Forum List

Back