Rick Santorum-- the new flavor of the week

MMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

FROTHY!

The thought of Santorum as "flavor of the week" is just gross...

Do you really think the gay community is doing itself any favors by using images like this becuase they disagree with the man.

You know what, I'm a Republican and I take on the homophobes in my own party because I think it's wrong. But right after the bible says it's wrong as their excuse, they go with, "Well, it's kind of disgusting" (at least when talking about what gay men do, not so much gay women).

Now the funny thing is, I don't agree with Santorum's religious views, but I think he is the one Republican who kind of gets what the 99% are going through.

You can expect more threads started by libs insulting him in the days to come...

Last time I checked, Maple wasn't a lib.

Awesome to see "conservatives" eating their own.

Last time I checked, I wasn't referring to the OP...

Go be stupid somewhere else, please...
Indeed. It means the American voter is thinking...as they should in the ebb and flow of politics. But Ravioli thinks that all Americans should be lockstep for people like the O as she is or else they suffer her ridicule (whatever that's woth these days)...

Probably take about 1 week to figure out that this guy is very pro-union and never saw an earmark he did not like. HE IS A CAREER POLITICIAN as well, been trying to get back in there ever since the voters of Pennsyvania got rid of him.

Rick Santorum's top 10 problems - Tim Mak - POLITICO.com

Hey, Newt - you’re not the only one in the race with some serious baggage. Man-of-the-hour Rick Santorum, riding high after his Tuesday hat trick of wins in Missouri, Minnesota and Colorado, has said and done plenty of things that could come back to bite him in the primaries or general election if he gets that far. Here are POLITICO’s top 10:

Read more: Rick Santorum's top 10 problems - Tim Mak - POLITICO.com

You forgot to mention this one--which is a fairly damming story of him using earmarks in the pay for play--IOW you make a large campaign donation and I'll get you an earmark for a project.

Mr. Santorum, who picked up the endorsement of a group of prominent Christian conservative leaders on Saturday, has been trying to persuade conservatives to coalesce behind his candidacy. His rivals for the Republican presidential nomination have seized upon his spending record in an effort to cast doubt on his fiscal conservative bona fides.

But an examination of Mr. Santorum’s earmark record sheds light on another aspect of his political personality, one that is at odds with the reformer image he has tried to convey on the trail: his prowess as a Washington insider.

A review of some of his earmarks, viewed alongside his political donations, suggests that the river of federal money Mr. Santorum helped direct to Pennsylvania paid off handsomely in the form of campaign cash.

Earmarks, long a hallmark of a pay-to-play culture in Washington, have become largely taboo among lawmakers of both parties. But that element of Mr. Santorum’s record has mostly gone unexplored, in part because transparency rules governing earmarks did not go into effect until after he left office.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/16/u...-2006-donations-flowed-in.html?pagewanted=all

12777d1329018033-santorum-has-big-problems-earmarks-pay-play-campaign-donations-104640_600.jpg

MMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

FROTHY!

The thought of Santorum as "flavor of the week" is just gross...

Do you really think the gay community is doing itself any favors by using images like this becuase they disagree with the man.

You know what, I'm a Republican and I take on the homophobes in my own party because I think it's wrong. But right after the bible says it's wrong as their excuse, they go with, "Well, it's kind of disgusting" (at least when talking about what gay men do, not so much gay women).

Now the funny thing is, I don't agree with Santorum's religious views, but I think he is the one Republican who kind of gets what the 99% are going through.

You're not going to be able to pray away the gay in gays. Get over it. There are many conservative republican households in this country that either have gays in their families or friends that are just as offended by Santorum's hateful rhetoric as gays are.

The overwhelming majority of Americans understand that no one makes a choice to be gay. You're not going to wake up tomorrow morning and think--"gee" it would be a great day to have sex with my same sex. It doesn't happen like that.

Attacking homosexuality in this country is not real popular--and in my opinion--because I believe homosexuality is NOT a choice--and more of a genetic disorder--it would be the same as verbally attacking someone with Down's syndrome or other type of birth defect.

So I am offended by it--because I know a few gay people--that are fiscally conservative-smart people--and friendly.

I think the complaints about Santorum not being 'conservative enough' could be applied to Gingrich or Romney just as well. These guys all find thing in government they like when they get there.

This really isn't about Santorum so much as it is about Romney. Romney makes the skin of about 60% of the GOP skin crawl. I think that if Santorum and Newt dropped out tomorrow, Crazy Ass Ron Paul would be a serious contender. And that is the GOP's real problem here. They have a candidate they really don't like, but the Establishment is insisting on.

The Establishment has systematically destroyed every other contender or encouraged them not to run or drop out. Any one of them would be an improvement over ROmney or Obama, but the ugly truth is, the whole process is only for show.

But if the rank and file can't get excited about Romney, how are we going to win over anyone else?

I still like Romney. He will be the GOP nominee and he will be the next POTUS.

Right. He's barely beating Crazy Ron Paul in Maine.

In every primary, except for SC and NH, he's gotten less votes than he got in 2008. When he lost.

You can't win without enthusiasm... especially if your main argument gets undercut by events.

When people got more concerned about the Economy than they were about Iraq, Obama was able to pivot nicely and McCain wasn't.

The economy may not even be an issue in November. Not if unemployment dips below 7.5%, which is very likely.

You can expect more threads started by libs insulting him in the days to come...

Last time I checked, Maple wasn't a lib.

Awesome to see "conservatives" eating their own.

Better that - which demonstrates individual thought - than marching lock step with the herd on the left. Individual thought on the left was sacrificed for group think.
And interesting those on the left tend to expel those that dare stray?

Here's my thought on Santorum.

He's in the position he's gotten to because, honestly, no one else is really likable...

Gingrich has a ton of baggage and Romney is just kind of this weird Automaton from the Planet Kolob, and neither one really inspires.

Romney will probably get the nomination, but they'll have to be dragged along kicking and screaming the whole way.

Santorum has a lot more baggage than either Gingrich or Romney. All's you need to do is a little reading. This guy is NO FISCAL CONSERVATIVE. He's a too far right SOCIAL conservative that wouldn't even get close to beating Obama in the general.

Mr. Santorum, who picked up the endorsement of a group of prominent Christian conservative leaders on Saturday, has been trying to persuade conservatives to coalesce behind his candidacy. His rivals for the Republican presidential nomination have seized upon his spending record in an effort to cast doubt on his fiscal conservative bona fides.

But an examination of Mr. Santorum’s earmark record sheds light on another aspect of his political personality, one that is at odds with the reformer image he has tried to convey on the trail: his prowess as a Washington insider.

A review of some of his earmarks, viewed alongside his political donations, suggests that the river of federal money Mr. Santorum helped direct to Pennsylvania paid off handsomely in the form of campaign cash.

Earmarks, long a hallmark of a pay-to-play culture in Washington, have become largely taboo among lawmakers of both parties. But that element of Mr. Santorum’s record has mostly gone unexplored, in part because transparency rules governing earmarks did not go into effect until after he left office.
there's a lot more at this link.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/16/u...-donations-flowed-in.html?_r=1&pagewanted=all

And then is actual voting record--SPELLS big spender.
What A Big Government Conservative Looks Like | RedState

Last edited:
I just LOVE watching the train wreck that is the GOP nomination process.

gomez-s-train-wreck-addams-family.jpg
me too :razz:
Probably take about 1 week to figure out that this guy is very pro-union and never saw an earmark he did not like. HE IS A CAREER POLITICIAN as well, been trying to get back in there ever since the voters of Pennsyvania got rid of him.

Hey, Newt - you’re not the only one in the race with some serious baggage. Man-of-the-hour Rick Santorum, riding high after his Tuesday hat trick of wins in Missouri, Minnesota and Colorado, has said and done plenty of things that could come back to bite him in the primaries or general election if he gets that far. Here are POLITICO’s top 10:

You forgot to mention this one--which is a fairly damming story of him using earmarks in the pay for play--IOW you make a large campaign donation and I'll get you an earmark for a project.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/16/u...-2006-donations-flowed-in.html?pagewanted=all

12777d1329018033-santorum-has-big-problems-earmarks-pay-play-campaign-donations-104640_600.jpg

He's an insider just like Newt. Now those two insiders are fighting for 2nd place lol

I just LOVE watching the train wreck that is the GOP nomination process.

gomez-s-train-wreck-addams-family.jpg
me too :razz:

He's an insider just like Newt. Now those two insiders are fighting for 2nd place lol

Newt Gingrich has a record of bringing the first majority of republicans to the house in 40 years--and forced Bill Clinton to cut government SPENDING--for 4 consecutive years--and left us with a projected surplus budget. That's his record. The only problem he has is 17 year old past personal problems with affairs marriages. And many voters are still thinking we're voting for a Marriage counselor--LOL

Last edited:
I hope so, he is a clear cut November 2012 loser! But some on that list are leftist bullshit. Such as not popular in the senate. BIG FUCKING DEAL. Racial sensitivity or should be be the left's bullshit use of the race card. Man on Dog, another main stream media trying to make something out of nothing, in fact he said "we are not talking about man on child or man on dog!" Polygamy vs same sex marriage! Serious that nugget made the top 10? Libs are using google to run his name through the mud! LOL, name a conservative they don't do that to?

Unlike the coward Ron Paul Santorum will defend our friend Isreal from annihilation by the fanatical Iranians. Obama and Paul are no different on that issue, and the longer we wait the next holocaust is being prepared and no one is launching an attack on the mullahs. Crazy!

of the three.....Santorum has the best shot at beating BO.....not too much baggage....polls already indicate that he can beat BO....

he's a clear pro-American christian conservative alternative to the anti-American marxist muslim.....

:lol::lol::lol:

Oh my yes!

Yeah right--LOL

Santorum has more BAGGAGE than all of them put together.
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/16/u...-donations-flowed-in.html?_r=1&pagewanted=all

Hey--BIG SPENDER--:lol:
What A Big Government Conservative Looks Like | RedState

Unlike the coward Ron Paul Santorum will defend our friend Isreal from annihilation by the fanatical Iranians. Obama and Paul are no different on that issue, and the longer we wait the next holocaust is being prepared and no one is launching an attack on the mullahs. Crazy!

Santorum stated a couple of weeks ago during an interview--that the 1st thing he would do as President is get together with Isreal to plan a bombing raid on Iran---:cuckoo:

Newt Gingrich stated he would get on China and Russia for more sanctions against Iran.

Santorum is the scariest war-monger on that stage of candidates.

Israel appears to be more than capable of taking care of Iran--their secret intelligence took out a perfect hit on one of Iran's nuclear scientist's last week.
http://tribune.com.pk/story/334153/...ds-in-iran-to-kill-nuclear-scientists-report/

Last edited:

Forum List

Back