Rick Santorum Is Insane

Kathianne said:
Perhaps. But my guess is, if life was as unfair as you portray it, you could have found someone.

Most in circumstances outside of 'normal', can find help. Of course, one needs to be able to present it to the court and others in a rational manner. The help is there.

Your kidding me---Any time I want legal aid I can just go get it irregardless of my income ?

dilloduck said:
Your kidding me---Any time I want legal aid I can just go get it irregardless of my income ?
I didn't go to legal aid. The court appointed an ad litem attorney for the kids. For myself, I was lucky to have a friend. It's not my fault that I had a long standing interest in courts and politics.

ScreamingEagle said:
Are you talking about two people who care enough to have intimate sexual relations but don't care enough about the life of a human being they might make? A human being who would be their natural son or daughter? A child who they can just kill per the abortion laws if they "choose" because they don't want to take the responsibility to raise it? If that is not anti-family, I don't know what is. :dunno:

Why do you think the left has made abortion the centerpiece of their platform? It's key to the destruction of the family.

What a bunch of malarkey. You do know some people actually like sex, right?

Kathianne said:
I didn't go to legal aid. The court appointed an ad litem attorney for the kids. For myself, I was lucky to have a friend. It's not my fault that I had a long standing interest in courts and politics.

I just said you were luckier than most. I didn't blame you for a thing.

dilloduck said:
I just said you were luckier than most. I didn't blame you for a thing.
Lord knows, we don't agree on much, but I think both of us realize the harm that comes from divorce/marriage. I'll not fight you on this stuff. :blowup:

Kathianne said:
Lord knows, we don't agree on much, but I think both of us realize the harm that comes from divorce/marriage. I'll not fight you on this stuff. :blowup:

NP--this thread has strayed pretty damn far from Santorum anyway.

Kathianne said:
At least in Illinois, you are way off. IF the children are not there at the appointed time, the non-custodial parent can call the police and have the custodial parent charged with visitation interference. THIS holds even when the children refuse to go with the non-custodial parent.

I believe that option is there in every state. But as it was pointed out, that isn't a pleasant situation for the dad to be in. The kids watch the police come and question the mother. Mom then tells the kids that it is Dad's fault; that he was made the kids weren't there because mom took them out to breakfast (or something else fun the kids wanted to do).

There are ways for Dad to fix the situation. I had that happen many times on my visitation days. I had to make the choice of calling the authorities and causing a scene; making my daughters cry because "daddy called the police on mommy." Or just try to handle it a different way.

Bottom line - regardless who has custody or who is suppose to pay child support - when it doesn't happen as agreed upon or outlined in the divorce decree, the kids are the ones who suffer the most.

That is the biggest shame of all. The parents can't get past their issues and use the kids as revenge against the ex-spouse.

GotZoom said:
I believe that option is there in every state. But as it was pointed out, that isn't a pleasant situation for the dad to be in. The kids watch the police come and question the mother. Mom then tells the kids that it is Dad's fault; that he was made the kids weren't there because mom took them out to breakfast (or something else fun the kids wanted to do).

There are ways for Dad to fix the situation. I had that happen many times on my visitation days. I had to make the choice of calling the authorities and causing a scene; making my daughters cry because "daddy called the police on mommy." Or just try to handle it a different way.

Bottom line - regardless who has custody or who is suppose to pay child support - when it doesn't happen as agreed upon or outlined in the divorce decree, the kids are the ones who suffer the most.

That is the biggest shame of all. The parents can't get past their issues and use the kids as revenge against the ex-spouse.

and I would agree that it should not have to come to that. However, if a mother or father consistently refuses to allow visitation, I guess the harm done from not having contact would be worse than bringing the system in to rectify that. It's all bad for the kids, I agree.

Forum List

Back