Rick Santorum in the hot seat.

I love his answer on why he did not contribute more to charity, Chris Wallace caught him, I love this interview, finally someone who is going to ask some serious questions about this career politicians record. LOL

Chris Wallace Grills Rick Santorum Over Birth Control Opposition, Charity, & Education Remarks | Mediaite

Wallace shifted the focus to good works and charity, and compared one statistic in Santorum’s tax returns to the monetary beneficence of Mitt Romney and President Obama. Whereas both Romney and Obama have given around 14 percent of their income to charity, Santorum gave less than 2 percent in 2010. Santorum explained this was because he needed to prioritize the needs and health of his young daughter, but Wallace noted Santorum has given around 2 percent for the past several years.

Don't Catholics tithe 10%? I guess Santorum just could not afford that out of his million dollar a year income. :eusa_liar::eusa_liar:

I love his answer on why he did not contribute more to charity, Chris Wallace caught him, I love this interview, finally someone who is going to ask some serious questions about this career politicians record. LOL

Chris Wallace Grills Rick Santorum Over Birth Control Opposition, Charity, & Education Remarks | Mediaite

Wallace shifted the focus to good works and charity, and compared one statistic in Santorum’s tax returns to the monetary beneficence of Mitt Romney and President Obama. Whereas both Romney and Obama have given around 14 percent of their income to charity, Santorum gave less than 2 percent in 2010. Santorum explained this was because he needed to prioritize the needs and health of his young daughter, but Wallace noted Santorum has given around 2 percent for the past several years.

Don't Catholics tithe 10%? I guess Santorum just could not afford that out of his million dollar a year income. :eusa_liar::eusa_liar:

Chris must not have had time to ask him about this. Of course Chris would need at least a full week of interviews 24/7 to cover all the things that robo rick has done. No wonder he was named one of the most corrupt senators.

Lobbyist? What's a Lobbyist? - Santorum Exposed: The Blog

WTAE-TV in Pittsburgh recently confronted Rick Santorum about his charity and the fact that lobbyists play prominent roles in it. During the interview Rick tells us that there is a difference between being a "principal in a lobbying firm" and being a "principal in a public affairs firm, a government relations firm", which also happens to list lobbying as one of its services. It's reassuring to know that the self-proclaimed Republican point man on ethics reform doesn't know what a lobbyist is:

Last edited:

Obama gave less than 1% of his earnings to charity ...:eusa_whistle:

Sounds like a republican to me :D

What have the poor done to deserve our support?
now where have I read that before?

That’s when Wallace brought up Santorum’s personal beliefs on birth control, and cited a statistic from the CDC saying that 99 percent of women between ages 15-44 have used birth control at some point in their lives. Given that statistic, Wallace asked Santorum if he really believes they are engaging in practices outside of “how things are supposed to be.” Santorum said he’s just reiterating the position of his church. He found it personally amazing how siding with the church makes one “out of the mainstream” these days.

It’s amazing the GOP let this get away from them and become such an issue – a losing issue for the right. And they have Santorum to thank.

Wheres the fork. Hes done................

... the sooner the better for the Republicans.

The sooner Rick Santorum is GONE--the sooner we can get back to SERIOUS topics like the economy--jobs- gas prices--deficits--and government spending.

Just like today on Face the Nation--it was all about Rick Santorum's personal religious beliefs about BIRTH CONTROL CONTRACEPTIVES. This isn't the media's fault--it comes right out of Rick Santorum's mouth every time he brings up "family values"--which he does all of the time. As if we can legislate "personal behavior" from Washington D.C.

Last edited:
Wheres the fork. Hes done................

... the sooner the better for the Republicans.

The sooner Rick Santorum is GONE--the sooner we can get back to SERIOUS topics like the economy--jobs- gas prices--deficits--and government spending.

Just like today on Face the Nation--it was all about Rick Santorum's personal religious beliefs about BIRTH CONTROL CONTRACEPTIVES. This isn't the media's fault--it comes right out of Rick Santorum's mouth every time he brings up "family values"--which he does all of the time. As if we can legislate "personal behavior" from Washington D.C.

If you want to talk about jobs and the economy, you may wish to speak with Boehner, Cantor, and McConnell.

The only thing they've done in Congress so far is sponsor bills that were against gay rights, bills that were in defense of DOMA, and others that were against abortion.

Not one single jobs bill in there.

Wanna try again?

No, Catholics do not tithe 10%.

Obama gave less than 1% of his earnings to charity ...:eusa_whistle:

Sounds like a republican to me :D

What have the poor done to deserve our support?
now where have I read that before?

You sound like rdean. How embarrassing for you.

i am one voter that doesn't care regarding how much they gave to charity. all i care about is that the next president only use our military if it's absolutely necessary and that they veto any bills with pork.

The amount that a person gives to charity is not an issue of any importance. The dude probably donates a substantial amount of his time to various causes. This is not something that matters.

Forum List

Back