Rick Santorum beginning a sure to fail run for POTUS?

Rick is a nice guy and not a hypocrite like Sanford or Edwards (what is it with guys from South Carolina -- almost all of them seem to be hounds), but he will lead the GOP into the wilderness in 2012.

And there will be no political manna for them, Jen, only the gathered tribes of the Demo-shites who will, yea, metaphorically slay them to the last warrior. As my Mormon friends love to say, "it came to pass."

We got to do better than Rick.

Jake, I haven't looked at him all that close, but I do remember many times he stood up when nobody else would and spoke his mind even though it was grossly unpopular.

I voted for (gag) McCain because I felt I had to do everything I could to stop obama. But next time I'm voting my conscience. Might be Rick, might not, but I APPLAUDE the man for being man enough to say what he really thought regardless of the consequences. That's rare. So I'll be watching very closely.

dancecrazycheer.gif

I surely grant that RS will say exactly what he thinks, and methinks that he thinks out of step with what the majority of Americans think(s). Most of the social values conservatives here, historically Dem voters but voting GOP since 2000, are very, very frustrated that the neo-cons and neo-econs sold them down the river despite their millions of votes. I don't think they will trust Rick, because they won't trust the guys and gals powerbrokers behind him.

Last edited:
If you like the GOP modus operandi, vote for Rick. Different channel same movie.

Sorry BGG. I'm no Republican, but I'm too just too damn classy to insult the GOP that way.

Someone has to speak the ugly truth. :) The party loyalist may grovel and growl at my remark. But if they are honest with themselves, they know I spoke the truth.

You're talking about the guy who proposed fining Katrina victims for being Katrina victims. I'll grant there are a few GOP voices in that kind of crowd, but the mainstream in what's left of the Republican party will spit on him. Mercilessly.

Now that I think of it, that would be entertaining to watch. So yeah, bring it on Rick!

Forum List

Back