Rick Perry's vulnerability with the Right

oreo

Gold Member
Sep 15, 2008
rocky mountains
After watching Perry's comments about Bernake yesterday--one has to wonder if we have a loose canon on board the GOP candidate list. He sure could have done better without the Hoopla about what Texas would have done to Bernake-:cuckoo: While Republicans may like the dragon fire coming out of Perry's mouth--this same talk will send Independents RUNNING. And as we all know by now--it's Independents that determine elections.

What is amazing to me--is that Perry announced his candidacy this last Saturday--he hasn't participated in any debates--yet a "real clear politics poll"--show him leading the pack against candidates that have participated in the debates. IOW--we really don't know much about Rick Perry. This to me--is very worrisome. We certainly don't need a candidate that is capable of self-destructing--and or is capable of beating himself in a general run-off with Barack Obama--insuring a nightmare of another 4 years of Obama NOT running this country.

We have been there--done that before. Irrational National behavior--and that is exactly why Barack Obama is sitting in the oval office today.

We have lots and lots of time to determine who the best candidate will be. There is no need to rush in and jump on any candidates band-wagon. My last comment is Rick Perry being from Texas will be painted with a G.W Bush brush--there is no getting around that--even though I have heard they don't get along with one another--it's coming--no doubt about it. And we all know that the name G.W Bush is still toxic to millions in this country.

For those that are interested here is a good article regarding Rick Perry's past--which is a good indication of what he'll do in the future.

Perry's Vulnerabilities With the Right - Alex Roarty - NationalJournal.com

What exactly are you talking about Oreo.

Paul said the exact same thing.

[youtube]ItL_Nj4bwlY[/youtube]

So is Dr. Paul a loose cannon too?

Paul says it like it is. While I disagree with some of his policies--a lot I agree with. Paul is not out there calling out the Fed Chairman for treason--and him doing that--dragon fire speech may rally the Republicans--but it sure won't do anything for independents in this country. IOW--Perry could have said the same thing in a much more effective manner and still got his point across.

And it's the independents in this country that win elections.

Last edited:

Paul says it like it is. While I disagree with some of his policies--a lot I agree with. Paul is not out there calling out the Fed Chairman for treason--and him doing that--dragon fire speech may rally the Republicans--but it sure won't do anything for independents in this country. IOW--Perry could have said the same thing in a much more effective manner and still got his point across.

Are you saying that the independents are into PC now? Because that is what it reads like.......

Are you saying that the independents are into PC now? Because that is what it reads like.......

Into PC---:cuckoo: Again it's not what Rick Perry said--It is HOW HE SAID it that is of concern. If you watch the video of Perry making these comments in Iowa--you can see that the crowd didn't know what he was talking about--they didn't laugh--they did NOT know where he was coming from. Now if you think that wins elections--Good Luck--LOL

Last edited:
I'm surprised that you folks are picking on Rick Perry... He not a GOP female. Stick to picking on Bachmann and Palin where you are the most comfortable. Perry might smack your ass.

I'm surprised that you folks are picking on Rick Perry... He not a GOP female. Stick to picking on Bachmann and Palin where you are the most comfortable. Perry might smack your ass.

There are plenty of Palin and Bachmann threads on this board--FIND ONE. If you have something to say something about Rick Perry do so.

Into PC---:cuckoo: Again it's not what Rick Perry said--It is HOW HE SAID it that is of concern. If you watch the video of Perry making these comments in Iowa--you can see that the crowd didn't know what he was talking about--they didn't laugh--they did NOT know where he was coming from. Now if you think that wins elections--Good Luck--LOL

The only video I've seen is the one edited by ThinkProgress.

And even there I saw nothing notable.

Treating some ugly for breaking their promise that they would not attempt to monetize the debt is not a threat.

QE3 i.e. creating more money from nothing, is on the way.

I'd like to see an unedited video.

Every report I've seen features the ThinkProgress edited clip contained in this video.

[youtube]a1sNxHo1R3g[/youtube]​

Not exactly what I would call firebrand dragon talk.

And I heard quite a bit of applause.

If this turns off independents, something is terribly wrong.

Soooooooo... We still don't know much about Barry Obama.
chappelle-4.jpg

bwahahah.jpg

What is amazing to me--is that Perry announced his candidacy this last Saturday--he hasn't participated in any debates--yet a "real clear politics poll"--show him leading the pack against candidates that have participated in the debates. IOW--we really don't know much about Rick Perry. This to me--is very worrisome. We certainly don't need a candidate that is capable of self-destructing--and or is capable of beating himself in a general run-off with Barack Obama--insuring a nightmare of another 4 years of Obama NOT running this country.

It is some what disturbing that there is such a huge gap between how well Perry is doing and that he is relatively unknown to the public. There is probably some bandwagon, media effect taking place in the middle.

Once you dig into Perry's record, he's certainly done some things that aren't quite Republican orthodoxy. That's why candidates like Bachmann are still polling well. Still, on the whole I think Perry's record is a big plus with the primary electorate, which is why he's the most likely person to capture the nomination.

Once you dig into Perry's record, he's certainly done some things that aren't quite Republican orthodoxy. That's why candidates like Bachmann are still polling well. Still, on the whole I think Perry's record is a big plus with the primary electorate, which is why he's the most likely person to capture the nomination.

I agree, I think Perry has the nomination if he doesn't screw it up.

I also think it will be difficult for him to shake the ghost of Bush.

I love it when Rove and others associated closely with the Bush administration come out against Perry...it helps him showcase and accentuate the division between himself and Bush.

After watching Perry's comments about Bernake yesterday--one has to wonder if we have a loose canon on board the GOP candidate list. He sure could have done better without the Hoopla about what Texas would have done to Bernake-:cuckoo: While Republicans may like the dragon fire coming out of Perry's mouth--this same talk will send Independents RUNNING. And as we all know by now--it's Independents that determine elections.

We have been there--done that before. Irrational National behavior--and that is exactly why Barack Obama is sitting in the oval office today.

We have lots and lots of time to determine who the best candidate will be. There is no need to rush in and jump on any candidates band-wagon. My last comment is Rick Perry being from Texas will be painted with a G.W Bush brush--there is no getting around that--even though I have heard they don't get along with one another--it's coming--no doubt about it. And we all know that the name G.W Bush is still toxic to millions in this country.

For those that are interested here is a good article regarding Rick Perry's past--which is a good indication of what he'll do in the future.

The only people to who Bush's name is toxic to right now is people who weren't going to vote for a Republican.

I personally had no problem with what he said about Bernanke. I'm having a hard enough time making ends meet, and this joker is going to essentially turn my currency into wallpaper. Unemployment sucks for the folks who happen to be unemployed, but inflation sucks for everyone, and having both (higher prices, but not higher wages because no one is increasing anyone's pay) is a disaster.

The reason why Perry is jumping ahead of the pack is because the rest of the pack is so awful. Romney is a weird Mormon Robot. Palin is borderline retarded. Bachmann is crazy. Gingrich, Huntsman, Cain, whoever... Perry is the only one of the pack who looks somewhat presidential and has a pulse.

The original poster links to the National Journal. Looking at the banner, this publication seems to do all these warm fuzzy articles about the "Community Organizer" while doing a rather tiresome hit piece.

So let's look at the actual complaints-

1) Immigration- they compare his policy of tuition for the children of immigrants (who are citizens if they wre born here) to the DREAM ACT, which actually gives citizenship to illegals. Not the same thing. He also had the sense to call a fence useless, which they are.

2) Gardisil - Seven states have authorized these vaccinations, not just Texas. Next.

3) Texas Trans Corridor- Again, not seeing the problem here. Everyone across the spectrum has stated that Texas' highway system needs work, given their population and economic growth. He proposed a way to do it without raising taxes.

4) Crony Capitalism- They all do that. Yawn.

5) He supported Al Gore in 1988. Yes. Al Gore when Al Gore was a conservative Democrat who admitted that the Democratic Party was wrong on tax and spend social programs, and formed the DLC to make the Dems more like the GOP on economic issues. This was before Al went Global Warming crazy.

Forum List

Back