Rick Perry's handling of the case of Cameron Todd Willingham

There are many different reasons not to vote for Rick Perry, this aint one of them. Not granting clemency to a convicted murderer won't put off conservative voters because they LOVE the death penalty.

Me? I don't like the death penalty but I think that's a States Rights issue.

Moral of the Story? Don't kill anyone in Texas.
Yeah....that deterrence-factor.....

....really makes a big difference!!

April 17, 2013

"Investigators in the case of two murdered Texas prosecutors have arrested the wife of a disgraced justice of the peace and charged her with murder, the authorities said on Wednesday."

Sorry, this guy was not innocent. He got his day in court, and a court of 12 reasonable people put him to death for the most horrible crime a person could commit.
Yeah....I'm sure blood-on-your-hands is worn as a badge-of-honor.....

handjob.gif

I read about this some in the "Rick Perry: Debunking the lie" thread and I realize that Perry couldn't give clemency. But he could have given a stay for more investigation.

And afterwards ... did he really kill the investigation when the Texas Forensic Science Commission decided to reopen it?

Rick
Perry is the biggest political whore on the planet. People dont realize how lucky we are this douche never got a shot. He is the lowest scum on the planet.

Texas Court of Appeals says hold up on dat syringe...
confused.gif

Texas halts execution of accomplice tainted by 'Dr Death' testimony
Sat, 20 Aug 2016 - A court in Texas stays the execution of a convicted accomplice to murder, ordering a review of the testimony of a witness dubbed "Dr Death".
Jeffery Wood, 43, was to be executed on Wednesday by lethal injection. Dr James Grigson, a witness renowned for testifying against those facing execution, said Wood would be violent in the future but had not examined him. Wood did not fire the gun in the 1996 shop robbery but Texas allows for accomplices to be convicted of murder. The Death Penalty Information Center monitoring group says that 10 murder accomplices have been executed in the US since 1976, five of them in Texas.

Expelled

Wood was in a car outside when his friend, Daniel Reneau, shot dead the 31-year-old store worker. Wood then entered the store to help with the theft. Reneau was executed in 2002. The role of Grigson, a forensic scientist who appeared for the prosecution, was a key factor in the latest ruling by the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals. Grigson earned the nickname "Dr Death" for his willingness to testify against those facing execution. Grigson, who died in 2004, was expelled from the Texas Society of Psychiatric Physicians and the American Psychiatric Association for making diagnoses of murder defendants without examination.

_90857439_mediaitem90857436.jpg

Jeffery Wood​

Wood's lawyer, Jared Tyler, said: "Three former jurors have said they feel the government's presentation to them of a discredited psychiatrist who predicted with certainty, and without evaluating Mr Wood, that Mr Wood would be criminally violent in the future was unfair. "The jurors no longer support a death sentence." Mr Tyler added: "I am not aware of a case where a person has been executed with so minimal culpability and with such little participation in the event." The court ruled 7-2 to stay the execution.

Texas halts execution of accomplice tainted by 'Dr Death' testimony - BBC News

Forum List

Back