Rick Perry’s Confederate Past Comes Back To Haunt Him

Rick Perry's Confederate Past Comes Back To Haunt Him | News One

Isn't it <stage 2 Freudian reference omitted> funny how the citizens of Right-Wingistan, especially its black ones, like talking about Democrats being the party of slavery and the Confederate Army yet its today's Republicans that are the primary supporters of Confederate symbols and Confederate organizations? Black Republicans are speechless.

That article said Rick Perry was making a point, that Americans should not forget their history. He joined the anti-slavery party, and he is right. We should not soon forget the Civil War and its incongruent causes.

The Union states won, and in so doing said those who took up arms against the Union would lose privileges and no be allowed to run for public office.

Most of them who didn't die fighting before 1865 died by 1890. That would've been 121 years ago today. I think that you would like no one from the former Confederate states to be able to vote or to run for office, and that's what this thread is all about.

Eight generations have come and gone since the Civil War started. Let it go, Flaylo. Let it go. :)

Isn't it facking funny how the citizens of Right-Wingistan, especially its black ones, like talking about Democrats being the party of slavery and the Confederate Army yet its today's Republicans that are the primary supporters of Confederate symbols and Confederate organizations? Black Republicans are speechless.

MY ancestors were Confederates, yes, I still fly the flag, yes, I belong to the SCV, no, I'm not afraid of you, and you and the racist NAACP can go to hell! Don't like my flag? I'll take it down when you and your cowardly corrupt, racist little NAACP can MAKE me! YOU ain't man enough to even try! Don't like other people having pride in their family heritage? FUCK YOU, BIGOT!

Right-Wingistanis like you loved that slavery loving Dems, just like I thought, thanks for exposing yourself and your party. :)

Still trying to win favor with your master?

Right-Wingistanis like you loved that slavery loving Dems, just like I thought, thanks for exposing yourself and your party. :)

I hate cultural bigots, who demand tolerance for themselves and deny it to others; that includes you and any other South-bashing racist pig, regardless of skin color! The only thing "exposed" here, Failo, is your own bigotry!

My father was a descendant of slaves and I'm supposed to like your slavery slavery loving facking descendants and love the flying of that flag? Your Confederate ancestors surely were not bigots right? LMAO! Shut the fack up you..

documentaries-19382

Hate to break it to you, but you're still a slave. But unlike your forefathers, you chose it.

It's called freedom of speech.

The tyrannical dictators of the left wouldn't understand. They think they have the right to not be offended.

This is not about freedom of speech dickhead. Obama practiced his freeedom of religion by going to Wright's church for 20 years and you maggots bitched about it, shut the fack up.

ahh, IC, your a moron. A complete and utter fucking moron.

A man sticks up for a flag.
another man goes to an American hating, racist pastors church.

You blindly hate one.
and blindly suck the cock of the other.

You'll have to excuse me, but Im a little stunned. You actually are dumber than I thought.

That American hating pastor enlisted in the Marines and fought in Vietnam. What have you done for America?

That American hating pastor enlisted in the Marines and fought in Vietnam. What have you done for America?[/B]

If you are referring to Jeremiah Wright, it should be noted that he did not serve in Vietnam. He spent two years in the Corps in the early 60s and then joined the Navy as a Corpsman. He was a cardio tech at NNMC Bethesda.

Wow. What a horrifically wrong statement.

Prove I'm wrong. I will say perhaps not as many but yes indeed there were many, for quite some time.

African bondage in the colonies north of the Mason-Dixon Line has left a legacy in the economics of modern America and in the racial attitudes of the U.S. working class. Yet comparatively little is written about the 200-year history of Northern slavery. Robert Steinfeld's deservedly praised "The Invention of Free Labor" (1991) states, "By 1804 slavery had been abolished throughout New England," ignoring the 1800 census, which shows 1,488 slaves in New England. Recent archaeological discoveries of slave quarters or cemeteries in Philadelphia and New York City sometimes are written up in newspaper headlines as though they were exhibits of evidence in a case not yet settled (cf. “African Burial Ground Proves Northern Slavery,” The City Sun, Feb. 24, 1993).

Slavery in the North
Oh, you're going back alllll the way to colonial days...lol.

Kay. Most of the northern states abolished slavery in the 18th Century.

Let's go up to prior to the Civil War...you know, that big event that spurred it on - the South not wanting to give up their slaves.

You tell me, in 1860, there were

__1,000,000,000__ in the North

_____0_____ in the South.

Fill in the blanks, honey.

Did I get that right?

Prove I'm wrong. I will say perhaps not as many but yes indeed there were many, for quite some time.

Slavery in the North
Oh, you're going back alllll the way to colonial days...lol.

Kay. Most of the northern states abolished slavery in the 18th Century.

Let's go up to prior to the Civil War...you know, that big event that spurred it on - the South not wanting to give up their slaves.

You tell me, in 1860, there were

__1,000,000,000__ in the North

_____0_____ in the South.

Fill in the blanks, honey.

Did I get that right?
er....No.

Isn't it facking funny how the citizens of Right-Wingistan, especially its black ones, like talking about Democrats being the party of slavery and the Confederate Army yet its today's Republicans that are the primary supporters of Confederate symbols and Confederate organizations? Black Republicans are speechless.

I'm curious to know if you understand the answer to this question.

Did slavery exist longer under the Confederate flag, or under the US flag?

MY ancestors were Confederates, yes, I still fly the flag, yes, I belong to the SCV, no, I'm not afraid of you, and you and the racist NAACP can go to hell! Don't like my flag? I'll take it down when you and your cowardly corrupt, racist little NAACP can MAKE me! YOU ain't man enough to even try! Don't like other people having pride in their family heritage? FUCK YOU, BIGOT!

I didn't realize this thread was about you. Are you Rick Perry? You shouldn't use the word "ain't", it makes you look ignorant.

It reminds me of those sad trailer houses I drive past sometimes where the owners have the battleflag in the front yard flying and I think to myself: "Sad people".

No one wants to take your right to free speech away. It's just one of those things that causes people to draw conclusions about you, whether right or wrong.

Unfortunately, Geaux, people like Flaylo and the NAACP want to take away the right of any and all white Southerners to openly celebrate their history, family heritage, and culture, on the grounds that this "offends" them. Well, some aspects of some other cultures offend me too, but I haven't demanded that they be prevented by law from celebrating them, I haven't threatened them with violence for celebrating them, and I don't desecrate the graves of their ancestors, (all acts that NAACP members have engaged in, and acts that organization has encouraged in the name of "racial equality and tolerance"). It should be evident that Failo and his pals have all the tolerance of the American Nazi Party and the KKK; only difference I see is skin color! Other than that, Failo has become exactly what he professes to despise, a racist and a bigot! Anyone here who doubts that, need only look at the succession of hateful racial taunts he posted in the "hot chocolate" thread!

I will continue to place the Battle Flag on the graves of my ancestors, and I will continue to fly it on Confederate Memorial Day. I don't care who that "offends", and if the government refuses to defend my right to do that, then I will defend it, by whatever force is necessary!

The war ended a hundred and fifty years ago. Democrats may have been segregationists in the 60's but they weren't Confederates any more than John Wayne was.

O'well, Texas was part of the confederancy. It is part of there history.

And Nazis were a part of German history, but besides the NDP you don't see Germans doing the same thing.
When the colonists were deciding which language would be spoken in America, English won over German by only 3 votes.

You really should realize how many famous Americans you offend by this continuous regurgitation of Nazis as the only influence from Germany in the world. Such is not the case. A List of Famous Americans of German extraction. They're among the finest human beings who ever graced this planet, and the list is quite incomplete.

This is not about freedom of speech dickhead. Obama practiced his freeedom of religion by going to Wright's church for 20 years and you maggots bitched about it, shut the fack up.

ahh, IC, your a moron. A complete and utter fucking moron.

A man sticks up for a flag.
another man goes to an American hating, racist pastors church.

You blindly hate one.
and blindly suck the cock of the other.

You'll have to excuse me, but Im a little stunned. You actually are dumber than I thought.

That American hating pastor enlisted in the Marines and fought in Vietnam. What have you done for America?

Jeremiah Wright never served a single day in Vietnam, in any capacity! I did a combat tour (airborne infantry officer, U.S. Army) in Vietnam. What have YOU done, asshole?

Last edited:

I didn't realize this thread was about you. Are you Rick Perry? You shouldn't use the word "ain't", it makes you look ignorant.

It reminds me of those sad trailer houses I drive past sometimes where the owners have the battleflag in the front yard flying and I think to myself: "Sad people".

No one wants to take your right to free speech away. It's just one of those things that causes people to draw conclusions about you, whether right or wrong.

Unfortunately, Geaux, people like Flaylo and the NAACP want to take away the right of any and all white Southerners to openly celebrate their history, family heritage, and culture, on the grounds that this "offends" them. Well, some aspects of some other cultures offend me too, but I haven't demanded that they be prevented by law from celebrating them, I haven't threatened them with violence for celebrating them, and I don't desecrate the graves of their ancestors, (all acts that NAACP members have engaged in, and acts that organization has encouraged in the name of "racial equality and tolerance"). It should be evident that Failo and his pals have all the tolerance of the American Nazi Party and the KKK; only difference I see is skin color! Other than that, Failo has become exactly what he professes to despise, a racist and a bigot! Anyone here who doubts that, need only look at the succession of hateful racial taunts he posted in the "hot chocolate" thread!

I will continue to place the Battle Flag on the graves of my ancestors, and I will continue to fly it on Confederate Memorial Day. I don't care who that "offends", and if the government refuses to defend my right to do that, then I will defend it, by whatever force is necessary!
I don't care if you fly it, punch it in the ground, wear it on the back of your pickup truck...have at it.

I'll still think of the person who does as honoring traitors...

I'll still see it as a Lost Causer with no more honor than the Nazi soldier who brandishes his nazi flag, in longing memory of the the dream that wasn't.

As so many here would be more than happy to point out, he was a democrat back then

:eusa_shhh:

Oh. Nevermind. I found out ...it's bullshit - as I knew it was.

"The events whose misinterpretation gave rise to the legend of the German vote occurred in 1795, though the date is frequently changed to the more patriotically crucial year of 1776.

As is characteristic of such stories, what actually occurred is not entirely clear. What is clear is that Congress never considered replacing English with any other language or giving any other tongue equal status with English.

In the 18th century there were rumors that a few Brit-bashing superpatriots campaigned to have the new nation drop English in favor of Hebrew, French, or Greek, considered in the late 18th century to be the languages of God, rationality, and democracy, respectively. But the desire to found a New Eden rather than a New Babel assured that the United States would be united both legally and socially under a single language, and that language would be English. Noah Webster championed a dialect-free Federal English based on his spelling book. John Adams rightly predicted that English would become the next world language. And Roger Sherman of Connecticut is reported to have urged Americans to retain English and make the British speak Greek. (See Baron, 1982.) Despite the solid position of English both initially and throughout American history, the legend of the German vote persists."

Do You Speak American . Sea to Shining Sea . Official American . English Only | PBS

Is it any wonder blacks vote Democrat?

Forum List

Back