Rick Perry Threatens Federal Reserves' Bernanke

LAfrique

VIP Member
May 16, 2011
As if barbarism were not enough in his portfolio, Rick Perry also adds ignorance. While no political ideology is flawless, republicans, a sect of political conservatives, are characters that just leave one dumb-founded. While it is no secret I am not fond of Rick Perry, hearing him threaten federal reserves chairman Ben Bernanke opened another chapter about Rick Perry.

Rick Perry while attacking the Fed earlier said: "Printing more money to play politics at this particular time in American history is almost treacherous — or treasonous in my opinion." Then, Perry informed Ben Bernanke that he, Bernanke, would receive an "ugly" treatment if Bernanke came to Texas.

I do not think that either Rick Perry or his republican cronies have seen the picture of ignorance painted here by Rick Perry. It appears Rick Perry does not know that the federal reserves, though enacted by Congress, is not a part of the US Treasury. The federal reserves is a corporation, just like the World Bank or the IMF.

A governor of 10+ years dreaming of the White House and yet not aware of the various departments of the US government? Just more of something to think about.

According to Perry's threat to federal reserves' chairman Ben Bernanke and after venting at US Treasury, Perry did not know the difference between the US Department of Treasury and the federal reserves. Rick Perry was holding Bernanke responsible for careless paper money printing, a duty not belonging to the federal reserves.

Ben Bernanke is a part of a very ambitious corporation which, like the IMF and World Bank, assumes it holds key to survival of the nation. However, suggestions by the federal reserves or IMF or World bank that are implemented by a government becomes responsibility of victim government. You cannot crucify Ben Bernanke for acts of government, even if incited by advice from Bernanke. Your government is supposed to be working for you, not some power-crazed corporation.

A governor of 10+ years of the economic capital of the US (Texas, that is) who does not know the difference between the US Department of Treasury and the federal reserves probably has no business dreaming of the White house.

Some say threat by Rick Perry to Ben Bernanke is "not a presidential statement."

"Not a presidental statement" at all in several ways: A governor of more than 10 years of the pro-business Texas who does not know the difference between the US Department of Treasury and the federal reserves is most likely not a White House material.

You would think he would know more about wear that money comes from seeing how he took $6.1M of it to clear the defecit in Texas!

You would think he would know more about where that money comes from, seeing he took $6.1M of it to clear the deficit in Texas!

Rick Perry, like his predecessor, is completely divorced from reality. And I say: A governor of more than 10 years of the pro-business Texas who does not know the difference between the US Department of Treasury and the federal reserves is most likely not a White House material.

Now, I like Gov. Perry. I agree with him on almost every social issue. But may I respectfully offer him a lesson in economics?

This economy is stuck in a cruelly slow recovery from a recession that started on Bush 43's watch. Mr. Obama, a likeable man, is trying to get the economy going again. Mr. Bernanke, who has made many mistakes at the Fed, is also trying desperate measures to get the economy moving again.

One of the measures the Fed is using is to increase the money supply or what Gov. Perry would call "printing money."

Typically this is a helpful move, although not lately. It's not a radical move. It's not anywhere near a

"treasonous" move.

It is not at all clear that in an economy as weak as ours that creating more money would cause inflation.

The idea is to make money cheaper so businesses will borrow and then invest.

Frankly, once again, it has not worked so far. But it is an orthodox, classic move.

It is a move by a man, Ben Bernanke, who wants to help his country recover. To call Dr Bernanke - a patriot doing his best for his country - "treasonous" is a serious mistake.

Gov. Perry is new to national politics. But he's in a way a star, and I can him someday in the Oval Office. I hope he'll get some moderation in his speech - and some lessons in economics ... and soon

Ben Stein begs to differ. Politely, of course; what with him being the rarest of all breeds, these days.

A gentleman.

Ben Stein offers Rick Perry an economics lesson - CBS News

According to Perry's threat to federal reserves' chairman Ben Bernanke and after venting at US Treasury, Perry did not know the difference between the US Department of Treasury and the federal reserves. Rick Perry was holding Bernanke responsible for careless paper money printing, a duty not belonging to the federal reserves.

The Federal Reserve can create money out of thin air. That the Treasury does the actual physical printing of dollars wasn't Perry's point.

The Federal Reserve can create money out of thin air. That the Treasury does the actual physical printing of dollars wasn't Perry's point.

You are welcome to attempt explaining away Rick Perry's ignorance to the uninformed. As far as I a concerned, that slip was a great deal of hint to whosoever careth to listen.

Ravaging Rick Perry vs. Brutal Ben Bernake in a cage match -- Brother!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YK7J0jYKpiY]randy savage interview - YouTube[/ame]

(Randy Savage RIP - one of my faves )

Whether or not Ben Bernanke is brutal is not my concern here. I am simply showing those who care to heed that a governor of 10+ years, and one known to constantly seek and receive Fed aid, who does not know the difference between the US department of Treasury and the federal reserves is obviously not crop for the White House.

Forum List

Back