Rick Perry quits the race

Charleston, South Carolina (CNN) - Rick Perry is telling supporters that he will drop his bid Thursday for the Republican presidential nomination, two sources familiar with his plans told CNN.

The Texas governor will make the announcement before the CNN debate in South Carolina, the sources said.

FIRST ON CNN: Sources: Perry dropping out of GOP race – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

And he is expected to endorse Gingrich.

Fox News - Breaking News Updates | Latest News Headlines | Photos & News Videos

I think he need to see a doctor.

I think there is something wrong with him...no joke.

This makes Perry's behavior very difficult to understand. After doing poorly in Iowa, he appeared to consider dropping out. He decided to stay in the race, but now it seems that he only was staying in for New Hampshire, which he must have known would have been a very weak state for him. Now it seems like he's just been wasting time and effort since Iowa. If he were endorsing Romney I might suppose he had some hope of an appointment or other benefit, but it's difficult to imagine what personal benefit endorsing Gingrich might offer him.

Issues of timing aside, dropping out of the race certainly seems to be the right thing for Perry to do. He does have a state to govern, and he's acting as a spoiler for other non-Romney candidates.

Charleston, South Carolina (CNN) - Rick Perry is telling supporters that he will drop his bid Thursday for the Republican presidential nomination, two sources familiar with his plans told CNN.

The Texas governor will make the announcement before the CNN debate in South Carolina, the sources said.

FIRST ON CNN: Sources: Perry dropping out of GOP race – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Who advised him? Gore? :eusa_shhh:

Perry is coming on TV right now, to announce.

Rick Sanitorium will be next.

Santorum did get a raw deal in Iowa. 8 missing Precincts, bad counts. He lost, he won, he has more votes but it is a virtual tie. Gotta wonder about the Integrity of the Election Process. Neither Party is immune.

A retarded chimp could beat the current Chickenhawk Lame-Duck-In Chief.
He's Carter on steroids. The world hates us. We have countless wars going on. Ga-zillions are unemployed. Housing prices/value in the toilet. Businesses closing up-the-ass.
Only a fucking retard could see this as success.

Turkey will breathe a sigh of relief. They don't have to worry about Perry invading them as a terrorist country

Ah Perry.... I'll miss the laughs we shared over your incompetency but that's really about all.

Last edited:
If he were endorsing Romney I might suppose he had some hope of an appointment or other benefit, but it's difficult to imagine what personal benefit endorsing Gingrich might offer him.
Why would Perry not endorse Romney? Spite.

The story in 08 was that Romney inspired a lot of deep hatred Amon the other candidates... So when they dropped they'd endorse the best not Romney pick. I'd bet that's what's happening here.

A retarded chimp could beat the current Chickenhawk Lame-Duck-In Chief.
He's Carter on steroids. The world hates us. We have countless wars going on. Ga-zillions are unemployed. Housing prices/value in the toilet. Businesses closing up-the-ass.
Only a fucking retard could see this as success.

Yes, and aren't there fourteen million more people on food stamps than when the great one was elected???

Last edited:
Perry ran one of the worst campaigns in recent memory. After almost being handed the nomination when he entered the race, he squandered 36% support.

Perry proved to be just what his critics said he was...stupid and lazy

Forum List

Back