Rick Perry: Open Borders Arsehole

The last two governors of Texas have been pretty dovish on immigration.

Is this the stance of Texas Republicans in general?

All that I know it is. They , like the democrats think they have a huge block of potential voters to exploit.

I think there's more to it than that.

I think this is one of those issues that the GOP plays to get people riled up, but they have no real interest in solving.

Who benefits from illegal immigrant labor? Companies that hire them, mostly. And who do business types, corporations, etc support? The GOP.

So the GOP doesn't really want to solve this problem. The easiest way would be to go after the employers instead of the illegals. Make the penalty for hiring one far worse than the benefits.

It's kind of like them putting the abortion plank in the platform every year, and abortion is just as legal today as it was in 1973. Or supporting anti-gay marriage laws, but slowly but surely, it becomes legal in more places.

Generally good answer, but I think your last sentence is off. Most Republicans do oppose abortion and gay marriage. They just don't have the votes to do anything about them at a national level yet. But most Republicans, at least mainstream Republicans, do support illegal immigration. But the leadership have to whine about it some to keep their populist wing, which does oppose it, happy.

It's kind of like them putting the abortion plank in the platform every year, and abortion is just as legal today as it was in 1973. Or supporting anti-gay marriage laws, but slowly but surely, it becomes legal in more places.

Generally good answer, but I think your last sentence is off. Most Republicans do oppose abortion and gay marriage. They just don't have the votes to do anything about them at a national level yet. But most Republicans, at least mainstream Republicans, do support illegal immigration. But the leadership have to whine about it some to keep their populist wing, which does oppose it, happy.

I can't say that I agree with that. I don't think anyone supports illegal immigration, it's more of a degree of how much tolerance you have for it, and what can really be done about it. Even Obama has to make a show of sending them back.

I think the problem is that they are a part of the economy, doing the jobs other people won't do when times are good. So they are tolerated to a degree, but that comes with the cost of additional services in education, prisons, health care that everyone else has to pay for.

The business leaders want the status quo to continue. An easily exploitable workforce they can abuse. Republicans want to send them back and make them immigrate the legal way, Democrats just want to create new voters.

But most Republicans, at least mainstream Republicans, do support illegal immigration.

Huh? Polling data doesn't back that up. Most Republicans are against illegal immigration. And a lot of Democrats, too. It's the elites who are "for" it -- elite liberals, who don't have the kinds of jobs affected by wage depression caused by illegals, and elite Republicans, who are "Chamber of Commerce"-types who like super-cheap labor.

Serious, I spent a few minutes surfing this website, and frankly, it was kind of disturbing, the open racism against blacks and hispanics...

Uh huh.

What would be an example of this 'racism', pray tell?

I love how anti-whites go off on "you're obsessed with race"... Martin Luther King, Jr. wasn't?

If you're black, you're not "obsessed with race".... you're a civil rights activist.

If you're white, you get dancing Hitlers from an asshole who calls himself a "conservative."

No wonder people pick up guns and just starting shooting.

Whites only pick up guns and shoot up each other.:confused:

Hopefully, whites wake up and realize what's going on and support POLICIES that are good for them, instead!

Forum List

Back