Rick Perry: Open Borders Arsehole

William Joyce

Chemotherapy for PC
Jan 23, 2004
Caucasiastan
Ten Reasons Why Rick Perry is Bad on Immigration :: American Renaissance News

1. Open Borders: Former Congressman Tom Tancredo, in a devastating article that appeared in Politico on August 11, 2011, notes that Gov. Perry gave a 2001 speech in Mexico, no less, saying he supported completely open borders, in which he called for the “free flow of individuals between these two countries who want to work and want to be an asset to our country and to Mexico.” Apparently, there can never be too much immigration from Mexico for Gov. Perry.

2. Border Fence: If you’re for open borders, you don’t want a border fence. The AP reported that in the same 2001 speech in Mexico, Gov. Perry says, “But the idea that you’re going to build a 1,200 mile wall … is idiocy. It absolutely would not work.”

3. An Arizona-style Immigration Law for Texas: Gov. Perry is against interior enforcement of our immigration laws. During the debate over Arizona’s anti-illegal immigration SB 1070, he opposed enacting something similar in his state, saying, “It would not be the right direction for Texas.”

Ten Reasons Why Rick Perry is Bad on Immigration :: American Renaissance News

1. Open Borders: Former Congressman Tom Tancredo, in a devastating article that appeared in Politico on August 11, 2011, notes that Gov. Perry gave a 2001 speech in Mexico, no less, saying he supported completely open borders, in which he called for the “free flow of individuals between these two countries who want to work and want to be an asset to our country and to Mexico.” Apparently, there can never be too much immigration from Mexico for Gov. Perry.

2. Border Fence: If you’re for open borders, you don’t want a border fence. The AP reported that in the same 2001 speech in Mexico, Gov. Perry says, “But the idea that you’re going to build a 1,200 mile wall … is idiocy. It absolutely would not work.”

3. An Arizona-style Immigration Law for Texas: Gov. Perry is against interior enforcement of our immigration laws. During the debate over Arizona’s anti-illegal immigration SB 1070, he opposed enacting something similar in his state, saying, “It would not be the right direction for Texas.”

And dont forget his "dream act" that he signed into law here in Texas.

As governor in 2001, Mr. Perry signed legislation to grant in-state tuition discounts to youngsters educated in Texas high schools without regard to their immigration status. That bill became the model for similar measures in about a dozen states, including Maryland, that have passed their own version of what’s now known as the Dream Act. Last year alone, some 16,500 undocumented Texas youth benefited from the law — about 1 percent of all students enrolled in the state’s community colleges and universities.

Mr. Perry’s Dream Act - The Washington Post

I am all for Open Borders. we can have high fences and Open borders. Controlling who comes in, does not mean you have to stop letting people come in.

You are citing a website that boasts that - "Welcome to AmRen.com — the best source on the Internet for race-realist information and perspectives. We invite you to use the following:" (Seriously, click the link and go to their home page.)

Why the fascination with race?

I think there is a vigorous debate to be had about immigration and how we go about enforcing the laws... but if your main problem with illegals are that they are too brown, I think you kind of missing the point.

One of the complaints listed is that Perry doesn't support a border fence. Good for him. Fences are useless. Always have been.

Perry's immigration stances draw fire, support
By JOE HOLLEY, HOUSTON CHRONICLE
Updated 09:23 p.m., Tuesday, August 23, 2011

On a Sunday in June 2001, the first-year governor of Texas signed legislation allowing undocumented immigrants to attend Texas colleges and universities at in-state tuition rates instead of paying international fees. Supporters of the legislation called it the Texas Dream Act.

Perry's immigration stances draw fire, support - Houston Chronicle

MANCHESTER, N.H. (AP) — He may have been 2,000 miles from the border, but Republican presidential candidate Rick Perry's immigration record in Texas quickly became the focus in New Hampshire Saturday afternoon.

Speaking to hundreds of Granite State voters at a private reception, the Texas governor was asked whether he supported a fence along the Mexican border.

"No, I don't support a fence on the border," he said. "The fact is, it's 1,200 miles from Brownsville to El Paso. Two things: How long you think it would take to build that? And then if you build a 30-foot wall from El Paso to Brownsville, the 35-foot ladder business gets real good."

Perry tells NH no to border fence - Houston Chronicle

ON a recent episode of Penn And Teller's "Bullshit", they had an episode on illegal aliens.

As part of their show, they hired six illegals outside a home depot and had them construct a 20 foot section of fence to the standards of the proposed border fence. Same specifications, same materials.

It took the six men about a day to do it.

Then they challenged them to break into three teams, one to go over the fence, one to go under, and one to go through. All three teams were through in less than two minutes. 'Hey, do you think they've done this before?" Penn asked.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BFD1FIPH6nM&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL92CD5DC978A34145]Penn & Teller BS: Immigration pt 1/3 - YouTube[/ame]

You are citing a website that boasts that - "Welcome to AmRen.com — the best source on the Internet for race-realist information and perspectives. We invite you to use the following:" (Seriously, click the link and go to their home page.)

Why the fascination with race?

Will's a racist.

But a decent, mild-mannered racist.

On a Sunday in June 2001, the first-year governor of Texas signed legislation allowing undocumented immigrants to attend Texas colleges and universities at in-state tuition rates instead of paying international fees. Supporters of the legislation called it the Texas Dream Act.

MANCHESTER, N.H. (AP) — He may have been 2,000 miles from the border, but Republican presidential candidate Rick Perry's immigration record in Texas quickly became the focus in New Hampshire Saturday afternoon.

Speaking to hundreds of Granite State voters at a private reception, the Texas governor was asked whether he supported a fence along the Mexican border.

"No, I don't support a fence on the border," he said. "The fact is, it's 1,200 miles from Brownsville to El Paso. Two things: How long you think it would take to build that? And then if you build a 30-foot wall from El Paso to Brownsville, the 35-foot ladder business gets real good."

The last two governors of Texas have been pretty dovish on immigration.

Is this the stance of Texas Republicans in general?

All that I know it is. They , like the democrats think they have a huge block of potential voters to exploit.

All that I know it is. They , like the democrats think they have a huge block of potential voters to exploit.

I think there's more to it than that.

I think this is one of those issues that the GOP plays to get people riled up, but they have no real interest in solving.

Who benefits from illegal immigrant labor? Companies that hire them, mostly. And who do business types, corporations, etc support? The GOP.

So the GOP doesn't really want to solve this problem. The easiest way would be to go after the employers instead of the illegals. Make the penalty for hiring one far worse than the benefits.

It's kind of like them putting the abortion plank in the platform every year, and abortion is just as legal today as it was in 1973. Or supporting anti-gay marriage laws, but slowly but surely, it becomes legal in more places.

I think there's more to it than that.

I think this is one of those issues that the GOP plays to get people riled up, but they have no real interest in solving.

Who benefits from illegal immigrant labor? Companies that hire them, mostly. And who do business types, corporations, etc support? The GOP.

So the GOP doesn't really want to solve this problem. The easiest way would be to go after the employers instead of the illegals. Make the penalty for hiring one far worse than the benefits.

It's kind of like them putting the abortion plank in the platform every year, and abortion is just as legal today as it was in 1973. Or supporting anti-gay marriage laws, but slowly but surely, it becomes legal in more places.

True. If no one will hire them they will leave. True.

“The message is simple,” Perry concluded, “educacion es el futuro, y si se puede.” Education is the future, and (echoing Cesar Chavez’s slogan) yes we can.]

Just a few weeks ago, Perry defended his decision to give in-state tuition to illegal immigrants. He said “to punish these young Texans for their parents’ actions is not what America has always been about.”

Perry opposed Arizona’s tough anti-illegal immigration law SB 1070. “I have concerns,” he explained, “with portions of the law passed in Arizona and believe it would not be the right direction for Texas.”

He spoke out last year against using E-Verify to prevent illegal immigrants from getting jobs as state employees, who get their paychecks from the taxpayers. He insisted it “would not make a hill of beans’ difference.”
Is Rick Perry soft on illegal immigration ?

Perry is not our man because our economic recovery depends on fixing our immigration system. Reversing illegal aliens in this country and making it a crime to be INSIDE the coutnry illegally.

I heard the EX Louisiana Governor and he is my man if he runs.

“The message is simple,” Perry concluded, “educacion es el futuro, y si se puede.” Education is the future, and (echoing Cesar Chavez’s slogan) yes we can.]

Just a few weeks ago, Perry defended his decision to give in-state tuition to illegal immigrants. He said “to punish these young Texans for their parents’ actions is not what America has always been about.”

Perry opposed Arizona’s tough anti-illegal immigration law SB 1070. “I have concerns,” he explained, “with portions of the law passed in Arizona and believe it would not be the right direction for Texas.”

He spoke out last year against using E-Verify to prevent illegal immigrants from getting jobs as state employees, who get their paychecks from the taxpayers. He insisted it “would not make a hill of beans’ difference.”
Is Rick Perry soft on illegal immigration ?

Perry is not our man because our economic recovery depends on fixing our immigration system. Reversing illegal aliens in this country and making it a crime to be INSIDE the coutnry illegally.

I heard the EX Louisiana Governor and he is my man if he runs.

Was that his speech to La Raza ?

Serious, I spent a few minutes surfing this website, and frankly, it was kind of disturbing, the open racism against blacks and hispanics...

Uh huh.

What would be an example of this 'racism', pray tell?

I love how anti-whites go off on "you're obsessed with race"... Martin Luther King, Jr. wasn't?

If you're black, you're not "obsessed with race".... you're a civil rights activist.

If you're white, you get dancing Hitlers from an asshole who calls himself a "conservative."

No wonder people pick up guns and just starting shooting.

And dont forget his "dream act" that he signed into law here in Texas.

As governor in 2001, Mr. Perry signed legislation to grant in-state tuition discounts to youngsters educated in Texas high schools without regard to their immigration status. That bill became the model for similar measures in about a dozen states, including Maryland, that have passed their own version of what’s now known as the Dream Act. Last year alone, some 16,500 undocumented Texas youth benefited from the law — about 1 percent of all students enrolled in the state’s community colleges and universities.

Shocking.

Otherwise it seems Perry’s lost out on the racist vote.

Serious, I spent a few minutes surfing this website, and frankly, it was kind of disturbing, the open racism against blacks and hispanics...

Uh huh.

What would be an example of this 'racism', pray tell?

I love how anti-whites go off on "you're obsessed with race"... Martin Luther King, Jr. wasn't?

If you're black, you're not "obsessed with race".... you're a civil rights activist.

If you're white, you get dancing Hitlers from an asshole who calls himself a "conservative."

No wonder people pick up guns and just starting shooting.

Whites only pick up guns and shoot up each other.:confused:

Forum List

Back