Rick Perry Is Not The Rep. Messiah

Feb 22, 2011
Texas
As happened with Ron Paul, who is also a career politician him self, it some folks think that this man would be a good option or better option to Obama. Do some homework. The man was and still is a lib. He is not good fop Texas and the only reason he is still in office is because he only has to run against the likes of bill white.

Stunning Texas grassroots victory over Governor Slick Rick Perry
Submitted by netzorro on Sat, 07/04/2009 - 14:46
in

Daily Paul Liberty Forum

1 vote

Grassroots defeat GOLIATH: Stop the sale of TX roads to foreign corporations, protect public pension funds
Written by Terri Hall
Friday, 03 July 2009
IMMEDIATE RELEASE

(Austin, TX – July 2, 2009) Today, ordinary Texans brought Governor Rick Perry’s road privatization, toll road, and Trans Texas Corridor agenda to a screeching halt. The Legislature adjourned without re-authorizing private toll road contracts called Comprehensive Development Agreements (or CDAs). The grassroots scored another victory by KILLING the revolving fund in HB 1, preventing the $2 billion in bonds from being spent to build toll roads, convert freeways to toll roads, or subsidize private toll deals, as well as protecting public employee pension funds from risky toll roads schemes that are failing all over the world.

“It is a hard-fought victory for the grassroots. We killed Goliath, not just Perry’s controversial toll road policies, but we defeated a sold out Senate and the BIG MONEY, the lobbyists, who sank millions into pushing for the sale of Texas highways,” Hank Gilbert, Texas TURF Board member and President of Piney Woods Subregional Planning Commission.

“We applaud Rep. David Leibowitz, once again, for standing up for Texas taxpayers and leading the charge to fix the bill that created a revolving fund that would have raided teacher retirement and public employee pension funds for risky toll road schemes. He authored the bill to KILL the Trans Texas Corridor and another to prevent the conversion of freeways to tollways during the regular session. He’s a proven taxpayer hero and Texans owe him a tremendous debt of gratitude,” said TURF Founder, Terri Hall.

Stunning Texas grassroots victory over Governor Slick Rick Perry | Ron Paul 2012 | Sound Money, Peace and Liberty

No one. It's a straw man by the narco-libertarians to discredit Perry, who will win the nomination and the election hands down.
Perry is very inspiring.

Texas is a "right to work" state and 48% of all jobs in America were created there since 2009. I don't expect any candidate to be perfect and am happy this governor of Texas wants a prosperous state and happy families with jobs. *****

"In fact since becoming a buzzworthy could-be candidate, Perry's only major interview was with Fox News' Neil Cavuto, who's not exactly Woodward or Bernstein. "Methinks they think you're the guy," Cavuto mused Tuesday when Perry came on the show. For the most part, Cavuto let Perry extoll the virtues of the "Texas model"—low taxes and pro-business approaches. When Cavuto asked how Perry had lured Carl's Jr. restaurants to Texas, the governor flashed a trademark smile. "They love the smell of freedom," he explained. Public policy via olfaction! Perry even got in a couple plugs for his book, Fed Up! before heading over to Glenn Beck's stage for an ostensibly unscripted moment. "How many jobs did you create?" Beck asked as he finished drawing a chalk portrait of Perry. "Since June 2009, about 48 percent of all the jobs created in America were in Texas," Perry responded—before walking off set.

What National Reporters Aren't Asking Rick Perry (Yet) - The Texas Observer

• Banned
No one. It's a straw man by the narco-libertarians to discredit Perry, who will win the nomination and the election hands down.
Perry is very inspiring.

Really ? Straw man are phoneys. I am real. A citizen of Texas since 1979. Perry is bad news. He has a skeleton for just about every issue in his closet, and is as good a friend to Mexico and illegals as Obama. I want Perry to hurry up and get in. As it stands, he is waiting till crunch time so the press wont have enough time to dig up all the dirt they can on him. Like how much money he has made in his record time mooching off the state. I will post up some of my favorites.

• Banned
Texas is a "right to work" state and 48% of all jobs in America were created there since 2009. I don't expect any candidate to be perfect and am happy this governor of Texas wants a prosperous state and happy families with jobs. *****

"In fact since becoming a buzzworthy could-be candidate, Perry's only major interview was with Fox News' Neil Cavuto, who's not exactly Woodward or Bernstein. "Methinks they think you're the guy," Cavuto mused Tuesday when Perry came on the show. For the most part, Cavuto let Perry extoll the virtues of the "Texas model"—low taxes and pro-business approaches. When Cavuto asked how Perry had lured Carl's Jr. restaurants to Texas, the governor flashed a trademark smile. "They love the smell of freedom," he explained. Public policy via olfaction! Perry even got in a couple plugs for his book, Fed Up! before heading over to Glenn Beck's stage for an ostensibly unscripted moment. "How many jobs did you create?" Beck asked as he finished drawing a chalk portrait of Perry. "Since June 2009, about 48 percent of all the jobs created in America were in Texas," Perry responded—before walking off set.

What National Reporters Aren't Asking Rick Perry (Yet) - The Texas Observer

Looks as if you are an educated voter. I would say (just a guess) that you are NOT a straight ticket voter, and that you pay attention to the reptiles when they speak right ? Good for you. If only the rest of the country would do that.

• Banned
Rick Perry Has Concerns over Arizona Immigration Bill

By
Stephanie Condon

.Rick Perry (Credit: AP )

Texas Gov. Rick Perry, who often makes national headlines for his strong conservative views and flashy style, is the latest Republican to come out against Arizona's controversial new immigration law.

"I fully recognize and support a state's right and obligation to protect its citizens, but I have concerns with portions of the law passed in Arizona and believe it would not be the right direction for Texas," Perry said in a statement.

The law in question, signed by Arizona's governor last week, would require immigrants to carry documents verifying their immigration status. It would also require police officers to question a person about his or her immigration status if there is "reasonable suspicion" that person may be illegally in the country.

While some local lawmakers across the country are condemning the law and moving to boycott business with Arizona, others are praising it and calling for similar laws in their own states. There are some state representatives in Texas who say their state should adopt a strict immigration measure like Arizona's.

Rick Perry Has Concerns over Arizona Immigration Bill - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

• Banned
News News feed

Virtual Capitol
State
Nation
World
Elections
StatesmanWatch
Database Central
Last 7 days

Perry's HPV vaccine order draws backlash from GOP
Some lawmakers receiving angry messages about mandate requiring vaccinations for girls.
By Corrie MacLaggan
AMERICAN-STATESMAN STAFF
Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Key lawmakers from Gov. Rick Perry's own Republican Party on Monday called on him to rescind his executive order making Texas the first state to require sixth-grade girls to be vaccinated against a sexually transmitted virus that causes cervical cancer.

"The public has a right to testify on this issue, and the Legislature has a constitutional duty to be involved in this decision," said state Sen. Jane Nelson of Lewisville, chairwoman of the Senate Health and Human Services Committee.

At the Capitol on Monday, opposition grew against the governor's order Friday to require the human papilloma- virus vaccine for girls starting in September 2008. Lawmakers who said their offices were inundated with angry calls and e-mails from constituents over the weekend rushed to file bills that would override the governor's order, which they said revokes parental rights and could encourage young girls to be promiscuous. The governor, however, stood firm.

[email protected]; 445-3548

Additional material from staff writers David Rauf, W. Gardner Selby and Jason Embry.

Austin news, sports, weather, Longhorns, business | Statesman.com

June 18, 2011 11:13 AM

Print
Text

APNewsBreak: Perry aides fact-finding on Iowa

Add Comment Have Your Say
Email StorySend to a Friend
Share ThisTell Your Friends
Tweet ThisTweet This
MoreShare It

Del.icio.us
Facebook
Stumbleupon

Newsvine
Yahoo bookmarks
Mixx

Digg
Reddit
Google Bookmarks

Twitter
LinkedIn

(AP) DES MOINES, Iowa (AP) — Key advisers to Texas Gov. Rick Perry are beginning to lay the groundwork for a campaign for Iowa's leadoff GOP presidential caucuses by making inquiries about the process in case the Republican seeks the 2012 nomination.

But they caution that their preliminary planning does not indicate that the Republican has decided whether to run.

Perry's chief consultant Dave Carney acknowledged in an interview with The Associated Press that he was asking questions about the political landscape, the caucus process and rules for the August Republican straw poll in Iowa.

Read more: APNewsBreak: Perry aides fact-finding on Iowa - CBS News

He will try and get in there like Obama did. The "anyone but him" vote. Folks like perry, obama, and others are the reason why straight ticket voting should be illegal.

Rick Perry says that our problems are too big for us to take care of. That we must "beg" God to "intervene" and "take care of us". He has called for "prayer days" and asked people to "get on their knees". He wants to fill a stadium for a "power prayer" to God.

Certainly, he views himself as someone who is "leading people" to God. That doesn't make him the messiah, it makes him a Confederate Conservative Republican "prophet".

This has all been posted before with links. Time for right wingers to do a little research on their bizarre leaders. Tell us why this isn't true. I know you can't, so "good luck". Oh wait, you don't need "luck", not when you can "power pray" to God. Hilarious.

Rick Perry says that our problems are too big for us to take care of. That we must "beg" God to "intervene" and "take care of us". He has called for "prayer days" and asked people to "get on their knees". He wants to fill a stadium for a "power prayer" to God.

Certainly, he views himself as someone who is "leading people" to God. That doesn't make him the messiah, it makes him a Confederate Conservative Republican "prophet".

This has all been posted before with links. Time for right wingers to do a little research on their bizarre leaders. Tell us why this isn't true. I know you can't, so "good luck". Oh wait, you don't need "luck", not when you can "power pray" to God. Hilarious.

:smoke:

Mocking people of faith does not, in fact, make them the fool instead of you.

Mocking Republicans who created the majority of problems facing the nation and then feeling the problems they created and "too big" and so God needs to "bail us out" deserves to be mocked. And derided. And scorned.

God won't "bail us out". Our problems are "man made". Problems like Iraq and tax cuts for billionaires and cutting funding for education. All disastrous and ruinous policies.

You know what God would tell you? He would say, "I commandeth thou to stop pandering to billionaires and corporations. I commandeth thou to stop whining, rebuild your country, and GO TO SCHOOL!"

Def. of DERIDE:

: to laugh at contemptuously

: to subject to usually bitter or contemptuous ridicule

Yea i have to agree. Perry certainly isn't the ideal Conservative. His Job-Creation numbers are far better than any other Politician in this country but his spending and Tax policies should make real Conservatives cringe. I would call him Democrat-Light like so many other Republicans. I still say however,that Perry is better than anyone the Democrats have to offer. What have they done for us? They've only given us Massive Spending/Debt but without the Jobs. So Perry beats them hands-down. But i would rather see a more Conservative Republican get the nomination.

Mocking Republicans who created the majority of problems facing the nation and then feeling the problems they created and "too big" and so God needs to "bail us out" deserves to be mocked. And derided. And scorned.
Easily spoken for someone who doesn't believe God deserves a place in the public square. I suppose you find it amusing to mock George Washington also.

God won't "bail us out". Our problems are "man made". Problems like Iraq and tax cuts for billionaires and cutting funding for education. All disastrous and ruinous policies.
While it is certainly true that "God helps those who help themselves", it's obvious you haven't a clue what the nation's real problems are. And I'd rather ask for God's assistance in overcoming the challenges our nation faces than to laugh at those who do. Iraq is only a problem to the extent that we allow Islamists to take it over. Billionaires contribute far more to the well-being of our fellow Americans that you do. There is a direct correlation between increased federal spending on education and declining educational outcomes.

You know what God would tell you? He would say, "I commandeth thou to stop pandering to billionaires and corporations. I commandeth thou to stop whining, rebuild your country, and GO TO SCHOOL!"
Wake up and smell what you're shoveling. That you've even been to school and hold these ideas is proof that federal education spending is a completely and utter failure in every legitimate respect.

Easily spoken for someone who doesn't believe God deserves a place in the public square. I suppose you find it amusing to mock George Washington also.

While it is certainly true that "God helps those who help themselves", it's obvious you haven't a clue what the nation's real problems are. And I'd rather ask for God's assistance in overcoming the challenges our nation faces than to laugh at those who do. Iraq is only a problem to the extent that we allow Islamists to take it over. Billionaires contribute far more to the well-being of our fellow Americans that you do. There is a direct correlation between increased federal spending on education and declining educational outcomes.

Wake up and smell what you're shoveling. That you've even been to school and hold these ideas is proof that federal education spending is a completely and utter failure in every legitimate respect.

Yea, it's all about the "billionaires". The only "real and truly good" Americans.:alcoholic:

Yea i have to agree. Perry certainly isn't the ideal Conservative. His Job-Creation numbers are far better than any other Politician in this country but his spending and Tax policies should make real Conservatives cringe. I would call him Democrat-Light like so many other Republicans. I still say however,that Perry is better than anyone the Democrats have to offer. What have they done for us? They've only given us Massive Spending/Debt but without the Jobs. So Perry beats them hands-down. But i would rather see a more Conservative Republican get the nomination.

Yea, he's a "failure" so he must not be a conservative. The same was said of Bush.

Perhaps it's "conservative ideology" that's the "failure" and not it's "adherents"?

Forum List

Back