Rick Perry: I'd Send U.S. Troops Back To Iraq

I wouldn't mind having a beer or doing some hunting with Perry, but I wouldn't want him organizing a one-car parade for me.

Perry is an idiot. We were in Iraq way to long.

If we invade any country it needs to be Iran just long enough for regime change. No more nation building.

Obama missed the perfect opportunity to deal with Iran. He failed to back the Persian Spring Rebellion in Iran. That was Obama's biggest mistake to date.

Last edited:
We pull out of Iraq and the country starts to go into chaos. The original pull out envisioned a troop presence for a long time, much as we still have bases in South Korea. Obama fucked up by failing to secure this. Perry is right, as usual.

We pull out of Iraq and the country starts to go into chaos. The original pull out envisioned a troop presence for a long time, much as we still have bases in South Korea. Obama fucked up by failing to secure this. Perry is right, as usual.

I think the chaos is a pretty good example of why we need to get out of Iraq. Rather than take up the opportunity to better their lot in life, these people have reverted to their centuries old customs and beliefs. The Shiites hate the Sunnis, the Sunnis hate the Shiites, and everybody hates the Kurds. This will never change no matter how long the US or any other country has a presence in Iraq. We've shed enough of our blood. We need to get the hell out of Iraq.

I feel the same way about getting our troops out of Afghanistan. We've got governments or leaders "backing us up" ... that we can't trust. The US never took a lesson from the Russians' invasion of Afghanistan. How long did that last before the Russians pulled out - ten years? And who armed the Taliban and others? And who are the Taliban pointing those arms at today? We need to get our troops out of there and let these people massacre themselves.

I agree that South Korea should still be secured. North Korea is still a huge threat in that area all these years after the Korean War.

Having a presence in any country whose people try hard to get themselves and their country peaceful and productive is one thing. Having a presence in countries where governments and people are never going to continue to do nothing is quite another.

Tribal thinking will be the death of western civilization if we continually engage in it. It makes it ever so much easier to treat foreigners like cattle to the slaughter or worker drones to build our crap. Iraq uses it in a more natural, local way but we use it globally against brown people and against each other in blind partisanship, there will come a day when it will blow up in our faces on an unimaginable scale.

Tribal thinking will be the death of western civilization if we continually engage in it. It makes it ever so much easier to treat foreigners like cattle to the slaughter or worker drones to build our crap. Iraq uses it in a more natural, local way but we use it globally against brown people and against each other in blind partisanship, there will come a day when it will blow up in our faces on an unimaginable scale.

It is time to remove our troops from all these shit holes as it is none of our business. Time to put our resources into our population and leave the rest of the world in peace! Or whatever. Iran isn't going to use a nuclear bomb, period. They would be nuts. Ron Paul is totally right.

Last edited:

It is time to remove our troops from all these shit holes as it is none of our business. Time to put our resources into our population and leave the rest of the world in peace!

Sadly, it is probably too late for that, at least in a sudden way that is doable in a single political term, but it is a good twenty year policy goal.

The Iraqis wanted us out. You support imposing a forced US occupation on Iraq?

lol, you're an idiot.

The Iraqis wanted us out. You support imposing a forced US occupation on Iraq?

lol, you're an idiot.

Not only that the pull out date was set By Bush a long time ago.

Forum List

Back