Rick Perry: "I Love George Bush"

Couple of things:

1. I don't think real historians are going to be so critical of George Bush. Takes time to assess the success or failure of a president.

2. I think the Obama camp is genuinely scared of Rick Perry. The man hadn't even formally announced his bid, and already the Obama camp is trying to portray him as guilty by association with George Bush in a Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon type of political strategy. This is a variation of blaming it on Bush by saying, well, Perry is from Texas, Bush is from Texas, so this is going to still be Bush's fault.

So, who are the Democrats going to run or is it that no one cares?

I think that the Democrats should just had the reins of the shit storm over to the Republicans and watch them soil their pants. Run Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert and just have a fun campaign making the Republicans look like the idiots that they are..

Couple of things:

1. I don't think real historians are going to be so critical of George Bush. Takes time to assess the success or failure of a president.

2. I think the Obama camp is genuinely scared of Rick Perry. The man hadn't even formally announced his bid, and already the Obama camp is trying to portray him as guilty by association with George Bush in a Six Degrees of Kevin Bacon type of political strategy. This is a variation of blaming it on Bush by saying, well, Perry is from Texas, Bush is from Texas, so this is going to still be Bush's fault.

Good that you realize that it is Bush's fault.

Couple of things:

Democrats think that this...

texas_90.jpg

equals this...

mordor-map.gif

Maybe he can give W a BIG HUG during his campaign. When McCain did that, it finished him with many Independents, including me.

Couple of things:

Are youu serious? He began two unfunded wars, presided over the greatest economic disaster since the Great Depression, and took a budget surplus and turned it into a huge deficit. Yeah, put him up there with Lincoln and Washington...:lol:

Perry better RUN from any association with the Recovering Alcoholic.

PS: I won't mention 9/11, even if he was the Commander and Chief.

I think I would prefer Jeb. Although he has the same last name as GW, I do not take him to be a clone of his brother.
Barbara Bush has promised Jeb that its his turn to "play" president after arranging the 2000 victory of George Jr. in Florida.

Rick Perry: "I Love George Bush"

From what I hear the Bushes don't love him back.

Rick Perry and George W. Bush don't like each other - War Room - Salon.com

Good share, thanks.

The conflict is really about class (just like most other conflicts), because Bush is a Connecticut Yankee from a rich and powerful family and Rick Perry was just some guy until Karl Rove made him a Republican and Bush made him Lt. Gov. Perry (and began imitating him, I think). As the Times noted:

Mr. Bush had returned to his hometown of Midland in 1975, to break into the oil business, after his years at Phillips Academy, Yale and Harvard Business School — time away from the state that Mr. Perry’s close associates brought up frequently in interviews. Mr. Perry returned to his struggling family farm in Paint Creek roughly two years later, after graduating from Texas A&M and serving as a captain in the Air Force.

This is "important" because should Perry decide to run, the Bush people -- the sort of powerful Republicans who traditionally decide the party's presidential nominee -- will fight him. Even in a year where it looks like the grass-roots crazies will have more power than they've had since the Goldwater nomination, you don't want the elites aligned against you. (This is part of the reason Huckabee, who polls great, would rather just be on TV. The elites all hate him for some reason.)

That was his response when asked on his thoughts about his predecessor. I think this will harm him. Yep, aside from the fact he got elected on Bush's coattails, owes his career to Bush's election as Governor and then President, says he "loves" George W. Bush and thought he was a great President, has identical policy positions, and has the exact same mannerism, voice, and speaking style as George W. Bush, Perry is his own man.

Perry on his predecessor: ‘I love George Bush’ – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Bad link

That was his response when asked on his thoughts about his predecessor. I think this will harm him. Yep, aside from the fact he got elected on Bush's coattails, owes his career to Bush's election as Governor and then President, says he "loves" George W. Bush and thought he was a great President, has identical policy positions, and has the exact same mannerism, voice, and speaking style as George W. Bush, Perry is his own man.

Perry on his predecessor: ‘I love George Bush’ – CNN Political Ticker - CNN.com Blogs

Good find. Thanks buddy. :)

What are some of the same policies?

Idiot... he is NO G. Dubb

They may not like each other, but they are "Flora and Fauna", the "Amor" Twins. Joined at the hip.

Amor_twins.jpg

If Perry doesn't distance himself from GW Bush, whom many consider to be amongst the worst US presidents in American history, why would he even bother to announce his candidacy?

At least give the country a chance to get out of Iraq and Afghanistan before bringing in another Bush clone!

Nice try, guy, but after 2 1/2 years of the "Community Organizer", Bush's presidency has taken on a whole new luster.

george-bush-miss-me-yet.jpg

Thanks, I needed a good laugh this morning.

Cheers! :lol:

Forum List

Back