Rick Perry: Herman Cain ‘Has All The Characteristics’ For A Cabinet Post

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
By Ali Gharib

Could Herman Cain become President Rick Perry’s Secretary of Defense? It sounds like it could be a headline from a satire rag, but, according to a new statement by the Texas governor and Republican presidential hopeful, Secretary Cain could indeed be a serious possibility.

During his since-aborted campaign for the Republican presidential nomination, Cain distinguished himself as a prominent voice on foreign policy in the race — but not so much for cogent ideas. Rather, he made himself famous for a long string of foreign policy gaffes and bizarre answers to questions. Before Cain dropped out of the presidential race, he’d already declared his willingness to serve as someone else’s Defense Secretary — a willingness he restated since suspending his run.

Now, it seems like Rick Perry might be ready to take Cain up on his offer. Responding to a question about whether he’d take on Cain in a cabinet position, Perry replied:

He has all the characteristics of the type of person I would bring forward.

More: Rick Perry: Herman Cain 'Has All The Characteristics' For A Cabinet Post | ThinkProgress

NOTE: Cain wants to be Secretary of Defense

Remember when George Bush appointed (Black) Dr. Condie Rice as Secretary of State? The racist left had a heart attack. Extreme racist cartoons appeared in major newspepers depicting Dr. Rice as a slave mammy. The left never apologized. I expect the same thing would happen with Herman Cain.

Remember when George Bush appointed (Black) Dr. Condie Rice as Secretary of State? The racist left had a heart attack. Extreme racist cartoons appeared in major newspepers depicting Dr. Rice as a slave mammy. The left never apologized. I expect the same thing would happen with Herman Cain.

Wow, are you comparing Rice to Cain? Seems like apples and oranges to me.

Both are very good for ya :fu:

Both are very good for ya :fu:

Aw, come on, surely you're more than one year old?

Didn't Barry appoint a communist and former leader of an arson and looting rampage to a cabinet post? I know he appointed an admitted tax cheat as Treasury Secretary and a world class enabler for her husband's infidelity as Secretary of State. Maybe Van Jones was just a trial balloon.

Didn't Barry appoint a communist and former leader of an arson and looting rampage to a cabinet post? I know he appointed an admitted tax cheat as Treasury Secretary and a world class enabler for her husband's infidelity as Secretary of State. Maybe Van Jones was just a trial balloon.

Aw, you left out ACORN.

Aw, you left out ACORN.

Well the guy prosecuted here said smoking dope and making up names is hard work. Hard work and liberal just dont belong in the same sentence. Thats all.

Is there a cabinet post called "secretary of getting it on"?

That's a pretty accurate description of the Secretary of State who headed up the Bimbo Eruption squad, during her husband's campaign for president, which was set up to ruin any woman who came fored with evidence of her husband's infidelity.

That's a pretty accurate description of the Secretary of State who headed up the Bimbo Eruption squad, during her husband's campaign for president, which was set up to ruin any woman who came fored with evidence of her husband's infidelity.

And Cain had such nice things to say about his accusers...

I know Perry isn't the brightest bulb in the box, but surely he isn't dumb enough to seriously consider Cain for a cabinet post should he become president. My guess is that Perry is simply trying to siphon off some of Cains supporters... from the asylums...

Rick Perry: Herman Cain is the type of person I’d consider for cabinet appointment | Iowa Caucuses

Or, brother – no wonder Perry’s done.

Heh

I know Perry isn't the brightest bulb in the box, but surely he isn't dumb enough to seriously consider Cain for a cabinet post should he become president. My guess is that Perry is simply trying to siphon off some of Cains supporters... from the asylums...

Perhaps. But that would make Perry a duplicitous liar.

I can see him getting a cabinet post from someone.
Secretary of Internal Relations?

By Ali Gharib

Could Herman Cain become President Rick Perry’s Secretary of Defense? It sounds like it could be a headline from a satire rag, but, according to a new statement by the Texas governor and Republican presidential hopeful, Secretary Cain could indeed be a serious possibility.

During his since-aborted campaign for the Republican presidential nomination, Cain distinguished himself as a prominent voice on foreign policy in the race — but not so much for cogent ideas. Rather, he made himself famous for a long string of foreign policy gaffes and bizarre answers to questions. Before Cain dropped out of the presidential race, he’d already declared his willingness to serve as someone else’s Defense Secretary — a willingness he restated since suspending his run.

Now, it seems like Rick Perry might be ready to take Cain up on his offer. Responding to a question about whether he’d take on Cain in a cabinet position, Perry replied:

He has all the characteristics of the type of person I would bring forward.

More: Rick Perry: Herman Cain 'Has All The Characteristics' For A Cabinet Post | ThinkProgress

NOTE: Cain wants to be Secretary of Defense

Sounds like he's desperate and trying anything he can to win more support for his dead campaign.

Forum List

Back