Rick Perry gives 33 million in tutition funds for illegal aliens!

MikeFrank

Jul 3, 2011
The number of illegal immigrant college students paying in-state tuition and receiving financial aid at Texas' public colleges and universities continues to climb, according to state higher education records.

During the fall semester, 12,138 students - about 1 percent of all Texas college students - benefited from the state law granting in-state tuition, according to the Texas Higher Education Coordinating Board. Most of the immigrants among those students are illegal, and some others are not legal permanent residents or U.S. citizens.

Texas awarded about $33.6 million in state and institutional financial aid to those students between fall 2004 and summer 2008.

More : Rick Perry gives 33 million in tutition funds for illegal aliens!

Rick Perry is against Arizona's immigration law, E-verify, and any type of fence. Now over the next few months he will talk like he is tough on illegal immigration.
smellsst9.gif

Can we get a credible link please?

I don't know about the claim they're making regarding the amount of money spent, but Perry did sign the Texas Dream Act.

Rick Perry Stands By Texas DREAM Act - US News and World Report

I've said before that Perry is no better than Bush when it comes to illegal immigration and as more conservatives in the GOP realize that they'll see he's not their knight in shining armor they seem to think he is.

Thats one of the things I hate about Pecos Perry, but there are only a few issues I dont see eye to eye with him on.
If thats all there is, he will trounce Obama.

Obama is a turd compared to Perry, in fact he is a turd compared to any of he GOP front runners!

I don't know about the claim they're making regarding the amount of money spent, but Perry did sign the Texas Dream Act.

I've said before that Perry is no better than Bush when it comes to illegal immigration and as more conservatives in the GOP realize that they'll see he's not their knight in shining armor they seem to think he is.

Yep if perry wins it will be a 4th Bush term in a row.
Ahh those hopey changey right wingers...

If illegal immigration were a winning issue JD Haynesworth would be president of the united states instead of the has-been he is now.
Perry is right on this issue. He did not oppose Arizona's law but said it was not the right law for Texas.

Perry has a pretty liberal stand on immigration compared to most rightwingers. I love the way candidates in the debate all agree we should delay the question of what do about illegal immigrants living in the country until we fix our boarders.

I wonder how much it will cost to build a 2300 mile wall. If we build it they will come, tourist that is.

True.

They also need to realize that a hard-core rightwing extremist can’t be elected president as well.

True.

They also need to realize that a hard-core rightwing extremist can’t be elected president as well.

And conservatives should listen to you on this issue because?

I would think that you would be attracted to a moderate like Perry.

Perry has a pretty liberal stand on immigration compared to most rightwingers. I love the way candidates in the debate all agree we should delay the question of what do about illegal immigrants living in the country until we fix our boarders.

I wonder how much it will cost to build a 2300 mile wall. If we build it they will come, tourist that is.

Build a ten foot wall, they will have an 11 foot ladder. Its a vicious cycle.

Here is a hint, this country does not want to stop illegal immigration. If it did, they would get rid of it. There is way way too much money involved here.

All he ever does is link his other site where he merely says the same thing without any supporting facts.

I hate it that Mr Cain has this type of supporters

:eusa_whistle:

wHY DON'T YOU READ AT THE BOTTOM WHERE ALL THE INFO CAME FROM AND DO SOME RESEARCH YOURSELF. All you ever do is say somthing isn't true but you have no clue what you are talking about, maybe if more voters were actually educated we wouldn't be in this mess we are in now. Your a lazy complaining keyboard cowboy, do your own research smart guy, then rebut the info, until then get lost.

All he ever does is link his other site where he merely says the same thing without any supporting facts.

I hate it that Mr Cain has this type of supporters

:eusa_whistle:

wHY DON'T YOU READ AT THE BOTTOM WHERE ALL THE INFO CAME FROM AND DO SOME RESEARCH YOURSELF. All you ever do is say somthing isn't true but you have no clue what you are talking about, maybe if more voters were actually educated we wouldn't be in this mess we are in now. Your a lazy complaining keyboard cowboy, do your own research smart guy, then rebut the info, until then get lost.

Well I'll be damned!!
You actually linked to something this time.
:clap2:
Your links usually just take me to an identical post on your other site. So don't play high and mighty like your posts have been informational gold nuggets to the forum world.

Now I'll address your linked ranting.

Pardon me if I sound like an evil Libtard but what do you propose we do with the anchor kids?
Punish them? What have they done illegally?

Here is a hint, this country does not want to stop illegal immigration. If it did, they would get rid of it. There is way way too much money involved here.

Exactly...:iagree:

If we wanted to stop illegal immigration; make mandatory jail time for anyone who hires one. POOF! Problem solved, and no wall necessary!

Of course the economy would probably collapse; Which is why nobody, from either party, has truly done jack shit to solve this alleged 'problem.'

In Texas where you cut off the water supply from the Rio Grande? I don´t think so...

You can debate the issue of whether or not the immigration laws need to be fixed over and over. If you don't like the way they work, help change them. I personally think they suck and work daily to make sure my elected officials know how I feel. But the one thing you can't debate is that there are laws on the books now regarding illegal immigrants. All those folks who took oaths to enforce our laws are falling down on the job. A lot of it comes from our current administration who doesn't want them enforced because he needs the illegal vote to ever have a chance of reelection in 2012. Secure the borders to help enforce the laws that already exist. If we did that, we might not need to many new ones.

You can debate the issue of whether or not the immigration laws need to be fixed over and over. If you don't like the way they work, help change them. I personally think they suck and work daily to make sure my elected officials know how I feel. But the one thing you can't debate is that there are laws on the books now regarding illegal immigrants. All those folks who took oaths to enforce our laws are falling down on the job. A lot of it comes from our current administration who doesn't want them enforced because he needs the illegal vote to ever have a chance of reelection in 2012. Secure the borders to help enforce the laws that already exist. If we did that, we might not need to many new ones.

and none of those laws say it is illegal for someone that is not documented to attend school or the university.

It says on a state by state basis that the state of Texas is obligated to provide education for legal residents of Texas. Not sure what you take that to mean.

Forum List

Back