Rick Perry Considering Run

How many jobs has Texas gained during the recession?
He's been re-elected three times, a record. If he were terrible he'd be toast.
No, the more the Left cavils, the better his candidacy looks.

So by your rationale, FDR was a great president?

What does that have to do with Rick Perry?

In your defense of Perry, who I know to be a terrible governor as a resident of his state (and job creation in the state, primarily among immigrants working minimum wage and tech people working in liberal Austin is not due to Perry's initiatives), you claimed he couldn't be terrible because if he was he wouldn't have been re-elected a record number of times. FDR was also elected a record number of times. If you don't agree with your own rationale that those who aren't good in their office are not re-elected and that record re-election is some kind of proof of good job performance, then your argument in support of him is invalidated.

So is FDR a great president because he was re-elected a record number of times, or was your argument that Perry must not be bad because he was re-elected a record number of times ultimately quite specious? Which is it?

Sounds good to me, name recognition, conservative record and a big state. I bet the Barry Hussein administration has more lawyers on the ground in Texas digging up dirt on Perry than the federal government has border patrol agents.

Who wouldn't vote for a man who advocated secession?

Ah, first post and the lies start.
When did Perry "advocate secession"?

You must never read the papers...

"There's a lot of different scenarios," Perry said. "We've got a great union. There's absolutely no reason to dissolve it. But if Washington continues to thumb their nose at the American people, you know, who knows what might come out of that. But Texas is a very unique place, and we're a pretty independent lot to boot."

Gov. Rick Perry: Texas Could Secede, Leave Union

He's a terrible governor. He has no shot at being President. Keep dreaming Rabbi.

He was reelected in 2006 with less than 40% of the vote and he barely outperformed McCain in 2010 in a banner year for the GOP.

Pretty much doesn't matter who runs.

A homeless alcoholic living under a bridge would be better than Obama.

Pretty much doesn't matter who runs.

A homeless alcoholic living under a bridge would be better than Obama.

Maybe so but no one else has a shot at being elected.

Although for different reasons than most here, I think Obama is as miserable a president as anyone, but he's a lock to be re-elected and there's no potential candidate out there who poses a real threat.

Wishful thinking can't change reality.

Who wouldn't vote for a man who advocated secession?

Ah, first post and the lies start.
When did Perry "advocate secession"?

Since Perry had pretty much stated he was not running, I never considered him as a potential candidate. If he would decide to run, I can see him winning the nomination. He certainly would not be considered a long shot for the nomination. In fact, he could well jump to the top of the polls overnight. As for the general election, he is the only current potential Republican candidate who could give Obama a run for his money. I've been convinced that with the current Republican field, Obama is easily re-elected. Perry could make for an interesting campaign and could win. But don't go believing that Perry would win by some kind of landslide. It would be very close.

Sounds good to me, name recognition, conservative record and a big state. I bet the Barry Hussein administration has more lawyers on the ground in Texas digging up dirt on Perry than the federal government has border patrol agents.
Yeah, you run with that.

You must never read the papers...

Obviously a Palin follower.
You nailed it percy. Actually the dope smoking community activist son of a terminal alcoholic and a dippy hippie was what we got.

And with intelligent, thoughtful, compelling rhetoric such as that, you’ll have him for another four years. Good job.

OK, here;s the game changer. If Perry runs, Obama will be toast. He is charismatic with a great track record.
Expect whines from Democrats over vaccinations in.3...2...1......
Texas Governor Rick Perry mulling White House run - Yahoo! News

Surely you jest. He'd have to win the nomination first.

Perry's Not the Texas Front-Runner, UT/TT Poll Finds — 2012 Presidential Election | The Texas Tribune
It's a good thing Rick Perry says he's not running for president — only 4 percent of Texas Republicans say they'd vote for the governor, according to the latest University of Texas/Texas Tribune poll.

That means nothing Maggie. Perry has the ability to raise major funds and the Republican Party would likely begin backing him in a big way. It wouldn't take more than a few days before he began outpolling all the other Republican candidates other than maybe Romney, and it wouldn't take long for him to get past Romney. In fact, if Perry runs, I think Romney would end up dropping out before the primaries were even over.

That means nothing Maggie. Perry has the ability to raise major funds and the Republican Party would likely begin backing him in a big way. It wouldn't take more than a few days before he began outpolling all the other Republican candidates other than maybe Romney, and it wouldn't take long for him to get past Romney. In fact, if Perry runs, I think Romney would end up dropping out before the primaries were even over.

And you live on what planet?

And you live on what planet?

Actually I live on this planet. And guess what? I am supporting Obama, not one of the Republican candidates. Perry could and probably would give Obama a run for his money, definitely more so than anyone else out there. The Republican Party is dying to find a viable candidate because they know that the ones out there now have absolutely no chance. I can easily see a good number of supporters of the other Republican candidates moving to Perry, just so they can have that viable candidate. And once they do, then it's an actual contest. It's pretty dumb to be so smug and think that Obama losing is an impossibility. That kind of thinking is the kind of thinking that could easily lose him the election.

OK, here;s the game changer. If Perry runs, Obama will be toast.
LOL – you’ve said that about all the GOP candidates.

Really? Please post where I wrote that.

Moron.

A Perry/Christie ticket would clean the Democrats' clocks. The Senate will fall to the GOP anyway.

I think a Perry/Christie ticket would be successful as long as they run on...

1) Not cutting Medicare and Social Security benefits

2) Publicly denounce the Paul Ryan budget plan

3) Advocate raising taxes on the wealthy

Because face it. That's what the American people want.

He's a terrible governor. He has no shot at being President. Keep dreaming Rabbi.

Actually I don't blame him for running for POTUS. He wants to clear out of Texas before the fecal matter hits the oscillating rotator. Texas is getting into a real financial mess.

Great job Rick!!!! :clap2:

Wow: Texas Deficit Estimate Comes In Worse Than The Worst Expectations

The GOP has a million of 'em, I tell ya. The next one is always funnier than the last..

Forum List

Back