Rick Perry and Gardasil

they're against it for the reason i said... they think protecting girls from cervical cancer will cause them to have unrestrained and wild sex.

:lol: That is one of silliest things I've ever heard. At first I thought you were joking, but now I see you are not. That's like saying that because the National Organization for Women is against something, that means that all liberals and Democrats are against it. Do wingnuts become more radical the older they get?

i'm not the one who said it would encourage girls to have sex. don't blame me for rightwingnut lunacy.

Point_over_your_head.jpg

:lol:

Wow... I'm a liberal and I support Rick Perry on this. Gardasil helps prevent Cervical Cancer and 70% of vaginal cancer cases and up to 50% of vulvar cancer cases. Not to mention the Genital Warts thing....

But to MAKE someone get a shot, without a choice? Seems a bit Totalitarian to me.

i don't know... if i had a daughter, she'd absolutely have the shots. but something seems odd... the rabid right usually doesn't want girls to get these shots because they think women should die from cervical cancer if they have sex.
That's because everyones' True Rewards are in....

....the GREAT BEYOND....

"There is hope for America. It lies in heaven, and we will find it on our knees."

Last edited:
Yeah unless you're one of the effected populations; so let me understand this...you are for the government forcing you to drag your daughter down to the doctor and get this shot? Is that the case? Or are you just going to bat for Rick Perry no matter what?

Ok... you should know my politics by now... You know I am not sticking up for Rick Perrr... he's a fucking Tea Party asshole.

What I am sticking up for is the prevention of horrific diseases for a great many of people against the risk of very few being adversely affected and a miniscule amount actually dying from it.

I have no idea about your politics.

Ahh....I see your point about forced inoculations...

Are there any other "horrific diseases" for which you'd like to see our government force inoculations onto the public? I mean, we can pretty much engineer healthier people...how about it?

Yeah... Conservatism.

Many people have forgot that in 2007 he issued a executive order mandating teenage girls to be vaccinated for HPV (Human papillomavirus) in what he said was to prevent sexually transmitted diseases. You have to remember that when Al Gore ran, Rick Perry was his campaign manager for Texas. Don't forget that. What I didn't like this was that Perry was ordering the Texas government to interfere with the decision making of Parents when it came to their kids. This story is slowly creeping out and I think this will hurt him tremendously when the media goes on full attack mode with this. This is something Sarah Palin as a candidate wouldn't have to worry about. This problem with Perry would only help her.

Will the HPV Vaccine Controversy Come Back to Haunt Rick Perry?

Excerpts:

The Texas Legislature later overturned his Executive Order. At the time, social conservatives were NOT happy, saying that the vaccine would definitely encourage sexual promiscuity among teenagers. Perry maintains that the shot is important in potentially preventing cervical cancer.

SNIP~

Perry also might run into trouble with conservatives who at the time felt that Perry’s Executive Order was really an invasion by the state into the personal health decisions of parents.

And Lastly:

Will Rick Perry really have much credibility to go after Mitt Romney’s Massachusetts healthcare plan since Perry himself was calling for an individual mandate on his HPV vaccine?

More:

Texas Is First State to Require Pre-Teen HPV Immunization
http://www.healthinschools.org/News...ber-11/Texas-HPV-Vaccination-Requirement.aspx

threads merged.

Last edited:
But he wears a Cowboy hat and shoots guns so people won't care about that.

EDIT: Rabbi: The story is from CBN not Camp Palin.

Last edited:
But he wears a Cowboy hat and shoots guns so people won't care about that.

Actually he speaks well in public, he's been elected more times than any other governor, and presides over a state with the best economy in the country, a destination point for companies leaving California.
The other stuff doesn't hurt either.

This isn't JUST about STDs. HPV is a seemingly innocuous virus, but over the long term it increases the incidence of cancer in women. Looking at the big picture, who will pay for all of their expensive treatment and end of life care?

So many issues have this double edged quality to them. Parents can live in denial all they want, your daughters could be exposed to this deadly virus even if they go by all the rules. There is nothing there that says her partner will have kept all the rules as well, and the marriage license will be his license to kill.

Children are mandated to get many kinds of immunizations. This is SO not a big deal! But it is a big public health and welfare issue.

Last edited:
Things are looking pretty bad in the Palin camp if they're repeating news from years and years ago.

What makes you think the Palin camp put this out? They didn't. It's the media. I just made a point that this will help Palin as a candidate if she runs.

It's the Huffington Post:
Noelle Bell: Our New TV Ad Against Gov. Perry On HPV Vaccine

and The Hill:
At second glance, Texas Gov. Rick Perry not as conservative as some think - The Hill's Ballot Box

Also what do you mean repeating news from years and years ago Rabbi? The media just got throught looking through Palin's 24 thousand emails from way back in 2006 and Obama operatives went as far back as her days as mayor. Your being hypocritical.

Last edited:
Things are looking pretty bad in the Palin camp if they're repeating news from years and years ago.

What makes you think the Palin camp put this out? They didn't. It's the media. I just made a point that this will help Palin as a candidate if she runs.

and The Hill:
At second glance, Texas Gov. Rick Perry not as conservative as some think - The Hill's Ballot Box

Also what do you mean repeating news from years and years ago Rabbi? The media just got throught looking through 24 thousand emails of Palin from way back in 2006 and Obama operatives went as far back as her days as mayor. Your being hypocritical.

shouldn't you be burning a cross somewhere, pops?

and The Hill:

Also what do you mean repeating news from years and years ago Rabbi? The media just got throught looking through 24 thousand emails of Palin from way back in 2006 and Obama operatives went as far back as her days as mayor. Your being hypocritical.

I don't think this will help Palin. Her family is not a bright and shining light on issues of sexuality.

The enemy is not any politician. The enemy is ignorance of HPV. It causes cancer because it can hide in the body for 40 years, kill man or woman in short order with the aggressive form of uterine (and other) cancers it proliferates. How do we know there are not other factors? Groups of celebate persons never get uterine cancers nor those of the throat it causes. Kids tested in 2007 proved that few of them have ever even heard of HPV, much less know what happens to them later in life if they get it. Oh yes, sometimes it doesn't wait until later in life to welcome in a malignant cancer into the body.

What is HPV?

The Human Papillomavirus is a diverse group of DNA-based viruses that affect the skin and mucous membranes of humans. There are more than 100 types, some cause harmless warts.

Then there is a group of 13. Known as high risk types, because they have been found to cause cancer of the cervix, as well as penile, anal and oral cancer. High risk types 16 and 18 accounting for 70% of those cancers.

HPV Quick Facts

• Any type of sexual contact can transmit HPV
  • HPV has been found in semen
  • HPV can cause oral, anal, penile and cervical cancer
  • Oral contraceptives have been found to be a cofactor in HPV's progression to cancer
  • HPV can lay dormant in the body for years
  • Condoms are not full protection against HPV
  • A diet lacking specific nutrients can contribute to HPV related cancer
  • HPV has been found in saliva
  • The "Gardasil" Vaccine protects agains 16-18-6-11
  • Men exposed to HPV are at risk of cancer
  • There are over 13 high-risk type HPV's
The "Gardasil" Vaccine
First of all, the vaccine does not treat an existing virus. Being vaccinated against HPV protects you against strains 6-11 (Low Risk types, which cause genital warts) and 16-18 (high-risk types, which cause cervical cancer). Even if you are infected with one or more of these types, get the vaccine to prevent the others. Lets be very clear, "Gardasil" vaccine covers only four strains, there are 11 more high-risk types.

Now on the subject of mass vaccination of girls starting at age 13. Is it a good thing? The answer is yes. In fact, it's quite obvious we will need to vaccinate boys as well, when testing is complete. The only way to control this virus is by treating both male and female.

There will always be people who oppose vaccinations, as well as those who support. This should not be a political issue. Some people suggest that vaccinating girls will entice them to become promiscuous.

This is absurd and insults the intelligence of our young people. Yes, there is a certain care free attitude in our early years, but to suggest young women have no common sense is going too far. The teen of "today" is well aware of many STDs including HIV. Unfortunately, most young people have no knowledge of HPV. In fact a 2007 survey of 100 college students, who were asked STD related questions, showed that most had never even heard of HPV.

For the first time in history there is a cancer vaccine. The choice to be vaccinated is yours. Only you can make that decision.
Please remember this is only a synopsis of what I considered the most important things to know right away about HPV. General understanding of this is at the dozen or so pages of information at the first link I posted as well as here. If you learned even one fact from what I posted above, please read the rest. I don't know if it will change your mind, but you could save a life or two just by knowing how very important it is to be papillovirus-free for life, and how important immediate treatment is for this type of a disease. Dying of a cancer so aggressive and malignant as some of the more hyper bugs of the 100 HPV viruses that are known could come from not treating the disease. People who have the untreated disease are known as carriers. Reinfection, like the initial infection takes only one incident.

Last edited:
Rick Perry's Order For Teen Girls To Be Given HPV Vaccine Will Haunt Him If He Runs
Yeah.....how dare he interfere with the Good Lord's Plan of dispensing with HPV, when some young girl loses-her-mind & gets laid....and, infected?

DEATH, due to contraction of HPV, should be the most-obvious/appropriate punishment....for curiosity....seeing-as-how stoning is too Sharia, for Republicans.​

This isn't JUST about STDs. HPV is a seemingly innocuous virus, but over the long term it increases the incidence of cancer in women. Looking at the big picture, who will pay for all of their expensive treatment and end of life care?

So many issues have this double edged quality to them.

You are now an official Liberal.

Looking at both-sides, of an issue....even if it hasn't touched your Family....yet....can DO that.

Congratulations!!

You brain appears to be in full-working-order.

241.png

I try not to take USAR's posts seriously, but the worst that can be said for Perry in this case is that maybe he took the hard sell of a pharmacuetical company too seriously. They made their product sound promising and beneficial.

I also don't think Palin is running. Nothing she is doing indicates she is inching towards a run.

Forum List

Back