Rick Perry and Gardasil

Gardasil for $10? Is the vaccine given by some back alley dealer in the middle of the night?

OK... you are right... I forgot about the Big Pharma monopoly... so a $10 shot costs $360... because our Pharmaceutical Companies choose to subsidize the rest of the world... sorry.

Taxpayers will foot the bill so it's all good. :thup:

Yeah... while the people in the rest of the world pay the minimum while we subsidize it.

Time for Single payer and make the rest of the world help pay for OUR innovation.

The Dangers Associated With Gardasil | InjuryBoard Florence / Myrtle Beach

*snip*
However, since the drug's introduction in 2006, the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) has received more than 15,000 reports of adverse side effects related to Gardasil. These reports include serious adverse side effects including Guilliane Barre, lupus, seizures, paralysis, blood clots, brain inflammation and many others.

There have been 44 reported deaths as a result of Gardasil uses.

Then, on October 25, 2009, Dr. Diane Harper, lead researcher in the development of two human papilloma virus (HPV) vaccines and director of the Gynecologic Cancer Prevention Research Group at the University of Missouri, told an audience of medical professionals that Gardasil is largely unnecessary, and that it has never been fully tested on females under the age of 15. This, despite strong marketing efforts to make the drug mandatory for girls, and product literature and advertising that state the product can be used by girls as young as age 9.
*snip*

Hopefully when/if you do have daughters you will weigh options concerning their medical treatments.

Rick Perry and Gardasil

Crony Capitalism... Isn't it great?

I don't see much difference between Republicans and Democrats, especially on the subject of mandatory HPV vaccinations. I do know that most Tea Partiers are against this.

they're against it for the reason i said... they think protecting girls from cervical cancer will cause them to have unrestrained and wild sex.
so, princess, you ran out and got the shot as soon as it was rushed to market, yes?

Last edited:

*snip*
However, since the drug's introduction in 2006, the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS) has received more than 15,000 reports of adverse side effects related to Gardasil. These reports include serious adverse side effects including Guilliane Barre, lupus, seizures, paralysis, blood clots, brain inflammation and many others.

Then, on October 25, 2009, Dr. Diane Harper, lead researcher in the development of two human papilloma virus (HPV) vaccines and director of the Gynecologic Cancer Prevention Research Group at the University of Missouri, told an audience of medical professionals that Gardasil is largely unnecessary, and that it has never been fully tested on females under the age of 15. This, despite strong marketing efforts to make the drug mandatory for girls, and product literature and advertising that state the product can be used by girls as young as age 9.
*snip*

Hopefully when/if you do have daughters you will weigh options concerning their medical treatments.

How many vaccinations have been given?

EDIT: I'll tell you.... 1.4 Million vaccinations have been given and only 15k have had any adverse side effects and 44 deaths. Not a strong argument.

Last edited:

*snip*

*snip*

G-0-0-G-L-E
I'm too lazy to do it.

So what you are saying is... Why should I have to pay for $10 shot when they should have the option of a 50-70% more chance of terrible cancers that I may have to pay for later?

Funny.. when I was a kid, we all stood in line for our inoculations and no one said a word about it. As a result... Polio has been virtually eliminated.. along with smallpox and the like.

Yeah... fuck Infection Control... we want choice.

Yeah...those were communicable diseases; unless you're intimate with the young lady, you're not going to get HPV and cervical cancer ain't too contagious either pal.

Your indignation is silly on this matter.

So what you are saying is that the bitch had sex... she(and he) deserves what they get?

Your indignation is even sillier.

Thats not what I'm saying at all....jesus fucking christ.

Chicken Pox for example:

How Does Chickenpox Spread?
Chickenpox is contagious, meaning that someone who has it can easily spread it to someone else. Someone who has chickenpox is most contagious during the first 2 to 5 days of being sick. That's usually about 1 to 2 days before the rash shows up. So you could be spreading around chickenpox without even knowing it!

A person who has chickenpox can pass it to someone else by coughing or sneezing. When he or she coughs, sneezes, laughs, and even talks, tiny drops come out of the mouth and nose. These drops are full of the chickenpox virus. It's easy for others to breathe in these drops or get them on their hands. Before you know it, the chickenpox virus has infected someone new.

Chickenpox

You're not going to casually pick up HPV...that is WHY you have to get shots for Chicken Pox before you're allowed in school.

I never said anybody deserved HPV.

*snip*

*snip*

G-0-0-G-L-E
I'm too lazy to do it.

Already did.... read my edit... 1.4 million.

*snip*

*snip*

EDIT: I'll tell you.... 1.4 Million vaccinations have been given and only 15k have had any adverse side effects and 44 deaths. Not a strong argument.

Yeah unless you're one of the effected populations; so let me understand this...you are for the government forcing you to drag your daughter down to the doctor and get this shot? Is that the case? Or are you just going to bat for Rick Perry no matter what?

*snip*

*snip*

Yeah unless you're one of the effected populations; so let me understand this...you are for the government forcing you to drag your daughter down to the doctor and get this shot? Is that the case? Or are you just going to bat for Rick Perry no matter what?

Ok... you should know my politics by now... You know I am not sticking up for Rick Perrr... he's a fucking Tea Party asshole.

What I am sticking up for is the prevention of horrific diseases for a great many of people against the risk of very few being adversely affected and a miniscule amount actually dying from it.

Ok... you should know my politics by now... You know I am not sticking up for Rick Perrr... he's a fucking Tea Party asshole.

What I am sticking up for is the prevention of horrific diseases for a great many of people against the risk of very few being adversely affected and a miniscule amount actually dying from it.

I have no idea about your politics.

Ahh....I see your point about forced inoculations...

Are there any other "horrific diseases" for which you'd like to see our government force inoculations onto the public? I mean, we can pretty much engineer healthier people...how about it?

It is a clear public health issue. According to the CDC, half the adult population has it.

Once you get all three inoculations, you are safe for life, but you should have all three before you get sexually active.

So it is a clear and present danger, and he is doing something about it.
Make up your mind, is it a good thing that the governor is doing something constructive, or a bad thing. If he is doing something positive, does his party affiliation matter?

It looks to be a good thing for me, as it protects the girls against bum partners. Even if she only has one partner, if that partner is a bum, she is screwed.

I don't see much difference between Republicans and Democrats, especially on the subject of mandatory HPV vaccinations. I do know that most Tea Partiers are against this.

they're against it for the reason i said... they think protecting girls from cervical cancer will cause them to have unrestrained and wild sex.
so, princess, you ran out and got the shot as soon as it was rushed to market, yes?

given that my family has multiple cancer history on both sides, including a paternal grandmother who died of ovarian cancer that metastesized to her breasts and a mother who got breast cancer at 46 (and thankfully still survivies), had the injections been out when i was young enough, i certainly would have. and i know my mom would have taken me. it wouldn't have been an issue and there would have been no question of getting the shots.

that answer your question?

i can't imagine why anyone wouldn't innoculate. it could save their daughters' lives.

It is a clear public health issue. According to the CDC, half the adult population has it.

Once you get all three inoculations, you are safe for life, but you should have all three before you get sexually active.

So it is a clear and present danger, and he is doing something about it.
Make up your mind, is it a good thing that the governor is doing something constructive, or a bad thing. If he is doing something positive, does his party affiliation matter?

It looks to be a good thing for me, as it protects the girls against bum partners. Even if she only has one partner, if that partner is a bum, she is screwed.

That is a perfectly rational viewpoint and you state it very well. Good job. I like your post.

I disagree that it is the government's call though because, unlike chicken pox, it isn't spread through casual contact.

Rick Perry and Gardasil

:lol: That is one of silliest things I've ever heard. At first I thought you were joking, but now I see you are not. That's like saying that because the National Organization for Women is against something, that means that all liberals and Democrats are against it. Do wingnuts become more radical the older they get?

:lol: That is one of silliest things I've ever heard. At first I thought you were joking, but now I see you are not. That's like saying that because the National Organization for Women is against something, that means that all liberals and Democrats are against it. Do wingnuts become more radical the older they get?

i'm not the one who said it would encourage girls to have sex. don't blame me for rightwingnut lunacy.

given that my family has multiple cancer history on both sides, including a paternal grandmother who died of ovarian cancer that metastesized to her breasts and a mother who got breast cancer at 46 (and thankfully still survivies), had the injections been out when i was young enough, i certainly would have. and i know my mom would have taken me. it wouldn't have been an issue and there would have been no question of getting the shots.

that answer your question?

i can't imagine why anyone wouldn't innoculate. it could save their daughters' lives.

I have no qualms with the shot; just the compulsory nature of it. In fact, I have been in the position where I had to order the Gardasil vaccine before for my company.

It would be like the government forcing your child to watch Sesame Street. I think it would be a benefit to the nation overall if they did. However...it isn't the gov's place to do that.

In terms of the 2012 Presidential Race, the reason I started this thread is to show that Rick Perry is not a "hands off" technocrat....he fully feels that government has a place in your home apparently. Whether or not he has sinister intent is for others to decide. I don't think he does.

I also have a little issue with the compulsory nature of the order, but when it comes to the issue of folks spreading diseases, even inadvertently, and especially when dealing issues that can be fatal, I move over to the dark side and graze on the cookies.

In Oregon, before you can get a restaurant job, any job, you are required to take a test and get a licence. I think it costs only $20 and it is no more than a bit of nannying on the importance of washing hands, still, it makes sense.

I am old enough to remember compulsory tuberculin tests which were conducted up until 5th grade. I had the chicken pox. My kids haven't. No one I knew ever got polio. Or measles.

Wow... I'm a liberal and I support Rick Perry on this. Gardasil helps prevent Cervical Cancer and 70% of vaginal cancer cases and up to 50% of vulvar cancer cases. Not to mention the Genital Warts thing....

But to MAKE someone get a shot, without a choice? Seems a bit Totalitarian to me.
Yeah....right.....contracting small-pox might be an opportunity for growth, right?

:rolleyes:

Forum List

Back