Rick Perry and Gardasil

candycorn

Diamond Member
Aug 25, 2009
Deep State Plant.
Basically he wanted to force all girls going into the 6th grade to get an injection. The government forcing Gardasil onto your teenaged daughters....

February 5, 2007
Texas Becomes First State to Require HPV Vaccine

Texas Governor Rick Perry (R) on Friday issued an executive order that made Texas the first state to require girls entering the sixth grade to receive the HPV vaccine, beginning in September 2008. The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approved Gardasil, a vaccine that prevents several strands of the sexually transmitted disease human papillomavirus (HPV), in June 2006. Gardasil is approved for women ages nine-26 to prevent cervical cancer and genital warts caused by HPV types 6, 11, 16, and 18.

Though Governor Perry is known as a social conservative, his press secretary, Robert Black, told The Dallas Morning News, "He came to the conclusion it was the right thing to do. You don't have opportunities like this where you can certainly prevent a cancer. It�s never happened before, so it would be irresponsible to walk away from it."

Texas has the second highest number of women with cervical cancer in the country, the New York Times reports. Governor Perry pointed out in his executive order that there were 1,169 new cases and 391 deaths from cervical cancer in Texas in 2006.
Media Resources: Dallas Morning News 2/3/07; Executive Order RP65 2/2/07; New York Times 2/3/07

Feminist Daily News 2/5/2007: Texas Becomes First State to Require HPV Vaccine

Sometimes it's a good idea in the diseases are easily communicable such as chicken pox etc... Gardasil is for STDs... Not so easily transmitted.

I wonder how the GOP base and tea partiers will react when they see Perry up-close.

Wait, I thought conservatives wanted the government OUT of their personal business!

This doesn't gel with that mantra at all! :confused:

Apparently when a Republican (Perry is currently a republican...stay tuned, it could change at any moment) wants to force you to allow a doctor to give a shot to your pre-pubescent daughter to prevent the spread of STDs, its okay.

It's a good thing Obamacare will pay for these government mandated inoculations now. You'll save a little money while the government is forcing the medical procedure on your little girl.

article-0-0545EA770000044D-365_468x312.jpg

Apparently when a Republican (Perry is currently a republican...stay tuned, it could change at any moment) wants to force you to allow a doctor to give a shot to your pre-pubescent daughter to prevent the spread of STDs, its okay.

It's a good thing Obamacare will pay for these government mandated inoculations now. You'll save a little money while the government is forcing the medical procedure on your little girl.

article-0-0545EA770000044D-365_468x312.jpg

I wonder why nobody else has commented on this? It seems over the top imo.

Wow... I'm a liberal and I support Rick Perry on this. Gardasil helps prevent Cervical Cancer and 70% of vaginal cancer cases and up to 50% of vulvar cancer cases. Not to mention the Genital Warts thing....

Wow... I'm a liberal and I support Rick Perry on this. Gardasil helps prevent Cervical Cancer and 70% of vaginal cancer cases and up to 50% of vulvar cancer cases. Not to mention the Genital Warts thing....

But to MAKE someone get a shot, without a choice? Seems a bit Totalitarian to me.

But to MAKE someone get a shot, without a choice? Seems a bit Totalitarian to me.

i don't know... if i had a daughter, she'd absolutely have the shots. but something seems odd... the rabid right usually doesn't want girls to get these shots because they think women should die from cervical cancer if they have sex.

So what you are saying is... Why should I have to pay for $10 shot when they should have the option of a 50-70% more chance of terrible cancers that I may have to pay for later?

Funny.. when I was a kid, we all stood in line for our inoculations and no one said a word about it. As a result... Polio has been virtually eliminated.. along with smallpox and the like.

Yeah... fuck Infection Control... we want choice.

So what you are saying is... Why should I have to pay for $10 shot when they should have the option of a 50-70% more chance of terrible cancers that I may have to pay for later?

Funny.. when I was a kid, we all stood in line for our inoculations and no one said a word about it. As a result... Polio has been virtually eliminated.. along with smallpox and the like.

Gardasil for $10? Is the vaccine given by some back alley dealer in the middle of the night?

Then along those lines you also feel the government should make us get flu shots, tested for AIDS, mammograms, et al...

Of course these are preventive measures, but last I checked, the government can't make us get these, even though it may help with "infection control."

Gardasil for $10? Is the vaccine given by some back alley dealer in the middle of the night?

OK... you are right... I forgot about the Big Pharma monopoly... so a $10 shot costs $360... because our Pharmaceutical Companies choose to subsidize the rest of the world... sorry.

Then along those lines you also feel the government should make us get flu shots, tested for AIDS, mammograms, et al...

Of course these are preventive measures, but last I checked, the government can't make us get these, even though it may help with "infection control."

Funny... last I saw, there was no Vaccination against Breast Cancer(Mammograms) or AIDS. Flu Shots are irrelevant, as the vast majority of us are at no mortal risk from the flu... but for the elderly? Yeah.

Yeah...those were communicable diseases; unless you're intimate with the young lady, you're not going to get HPV and cervical cancer ain't too contagious either pal.

Your indignation is silly on this matter.

Yeah...those were communicable diseases; unless you're intimate with the young lady, you're not going to get HPV and cervical cancer ain't too contagious either pal.

Your indignation is silly on this matter.

So what you are saying is that the bitch had sex... she(and he) deserves what they get?

Your indignation is even sillier.

Public health clinics give shots for about $10. Gardasil is one of them but you've likely have to show some financial need for the subsidy.

OK... you are right... I forgot about the Big Pharma monopoly... so a $10 shot costs $360... because our Pharmaceutical Companies choose to subsidize the rest of the world... sorry.

Taxpayers will foot the bill so it's all good. :thup:

Rick Perry and Gardasil

Crony Capitalism... Isn't it great?

I don't see much difference between Republicans and Democrats, especially on the subject of mandatory HPV vaccinations. I do know that most Tea Partiers are against this.

they're against it for the reason i said... they think protecting girls from cervical cancer will cause them to have unrestrained and wild sex.

Forum List

Back