Rick Nash Gone....

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
hi-res-ef1e2ccbf9edd6b77bf087a47fce9a81_crop_north.jpg

Hard to replace....

"I think that the Rangers are building up the cupboard to do exactly that. Depending on where the Bruins finish (likely pretty high), their 1st round pick will be in the mid 20s (25th where they stand as of today) which they might want to trade away for a roster player or two."

"Might be a decent idea not to trade McDonough right now..(and maybe they will) but Possibly at the draft they could get more picks...Dam this team just got younger in a week...wow. Now it's up to Gorton and his scouts to evaluate the players at the draft and because the Rangers have so mnaany picks, they might be able to turn a couple around for another young seasoned player. Nice position to finally be in."
Rick Nash Traded to Bruins from Rangers for 2018 1st-Round Draft Pick and More

Let's see who plays tonight.....

Damn, making the Atlantic that much tougher for the Leafs.

I don't like the playoff format, Leafs are squeezed in Never Never land, ahead of Boston by one point, but Bruins have an absurd 5 games in hand. Trailing Lightning by a couple of points and they have 2 games at hand,

For the purposes of the playoffs though, Leafs could be passed by lesser teams because of the stacked division we are in, and they base playoff position on division placing rather than overall conference placing.

Leafs just beat the Bruins last night without Matthews, a big win on so many levels. I expect them to make a move or two at the deadline, the players delivered when Babcock told them "if you want to see improvements and trade at the deadline, show Lamoriello that you are serious about winning. They've won I believe 13 of 15 since he said that to the team, an insane run right after being challenged.

Go Leafs Go!

I don't like the playoff format, Leafs are squeezed in Never Never land, ahead of Boston by one point, but Bruins have an absurd 5 games in hand. Trailing Lightning by a couple of points and they have 2 games at hand,

For the purposes of the playoffs though, Leafs could be passed by lesser teams because of the stacked division we are in, and they base playoff position on division placing rather than overall conference placing.

Leafs just beat the Bruins last night without Matthews, a big win on so many levels. I expect them to make a move or two at the deadline, the players delivered when Babcock told them "if you want to see improvements and trade at the deadline, show Lamoriello that you are serious about winning. They've won I believe 13 of 15 since he said that to the team, an insane run right after being challenged.

Go Leafs Go!

I have no dog in that fight.....waitin' for the next Broadway parade I can go to.....

msg_defining-moments_rangers_fact15-1024x512.png

That's me....the kid on the left side wavin' to Messier!

(That's the only time I'm on the 'left.')

Go Leafs Go!

I wonder if Boomer Esiason would like to see Matt Martin in a Ranger jersey.....

image.jpeg

Leafs just picked up a rental in Plekanec as well. We rarely do trades with the Habs, and appears they retain 50% of the salary, This adds depth at center which Leafs need, and, he is a strong faceoff guy.

Expected a trade for a defensemen from the Leafs, and then we see how it all pans out. I like these moves that are rentals due to his age. You aren't going to sell the farm for a star at this point in the rebuild, but in a year or two, it might be the case. Right now, they are developing from their farm and draft picks, and it's worked out nicely.

The Leafs are much like the Blackhawks of a decade ago, so many young extremely talented and hungry players. Matther, Marner, Nylander, Reilly, Gardiner, and suddenly a veteran in Kadri who is starting to really look good.

I'm praying the Leads bring the Cup home before the end of the decade. I can then have my own photo at a parade!

It won’t make any difference. The Pens are going to bring Lord Stanley back home again.

"New York Rangers: A
When the Rangers initiated their teardown, the declaration to fans promised a focus on adding "young, competitive players that combine speed, skill and character." So far, so good. GM Jeff Gorton set the forward market with his haul for Nash, which was more bountiful than anticipated thanks to a willingness to take on the contract on Matt Beleskey.

Beleskey, 29, is due $3.8 million per annum through 2019-20. He was relegated to AHL Providence earlier this year, but will have a chance to prove his NHL keep the rest of this season in New York. If absorbing the contract was a requirement for Spooner's inclusion, it's worth it. The 26-year-old winger is a restricted free agent this summer, when the Rangers can decide whether he's part of the future. He was on a 53-point pace with Boston and might see an increased role the rest of the way.

Lindgren, a second-round pick in 2016, could sign his pro contract after finishing his sophomore season at Minnesota. At 20, he's a nice future piece for the blueline.

Most importantly, the Rangers now own nine picks in the 2018 draft, including two in each of the first three rounds. Gorton has turned Nash, Nick Holden and Michael Grabner into three prospects (Lindgren, Yegor Rykov, Rob O'Gara) and four futures. Ryan McDonagh, still on the block, could bring back more than any of them.

The Rangers' better-than-expected return for Nash makes this an easy win."
Rick Nash trade grades: Bruins get Stanley Cup boost — at a cost

The Ranger rebuild:

"In return for those seven players (including Stepan and Raanta) the Rangers have picked up 16 assets in return.

Here is the complete list:

• 2017 first-round pick (from Arizona — used to select Lias Andersson)
  • 2018 first-round pick (Boston)
  • 2018 first-round pick (Tampa Bay)
  • 2018 second-round pick (New Jersey)
  • 2018 third-round pick (Boston)
  • 2019 conditional second-round pick (Tampa Bay — would become another first-round pick if Tampa Bay wins the Stanley Cup this season or next season)
  • 2019 seventh-round pick
  • Vladislav Namestnikov
  • Ryan Spooner
  • Matt Beleskey
  • Anthony DeAngelo
  • Ryan Lindgren
  • Libor Hajek
  • Brett Howden
  • Ygor Rykov
  • Rob O'Gara
That is a lot of future assets and a lot of players coming back in return. That bounty gives the Rangers seven picks in the first three rounds of the 2018 draft, including three in the first round."
Where does the Rangers’ rebuild go from here?

I'm praying the Leads bring the Cup home before the end of the decade. I can then have my own photo at a parade!

I'd love to see the Leafs win the Cup again. Enjoyed the '67 team watching Frank Mahovlich, George Armstrong, Dave Keon, Tim Horton, Terry Sawchuk and of course... Clear the track, here comes Shack. Eddie Shack, my oldest brother's favorite player. From '64 to '67 we lived right across the Niagara from Queenston.

I'd love to see the Leafs win the Cup again. Enjoyed the '67 team watching Frank Mahovlich, George Armstrong, Dave Keon, Tim Horton, Terry Sawchuk and of course... Clear the track, here comes Shack. Eddie Shack, my oldest brother's favorite player. From '64 to '67 we lived right across the Niagara from Queenston.

Those are before my time......

But it looks like it will be a while before I can go to another Ranger parade (sigh.....)

Go Leafs Go!

I wonder if Boomer Esiason would like to see Matt Martin in a Ranger jersey.....

image.jpeg

As an Islanders fan, hush! It was bad enough seeing Grabner in a Rangers jersey. :p

Go Leafs Go!

image.jpeg

As an Islanders fan, hush! It was bad enough seeing Grabner in a Rangers jersey. :p

Like him better in a Devil jersey????

cut.png

Go Leafs Go!

image.jpeg

Like him better in a Devil jersey????

cut.png

Slightly! :p

Forum List

Back