Richmond Tea Party Creates Important Video

Mr. Capitalism

Aug 10, 2009
This could be the most amazing video ever made: [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxJIdIFGUC8&feature=player_embedded[/ame]

It is hard to believe that a Senator could not take time out of his day for an unscheduled appointment with a woman who was admittedly "yelling and screaming" at staffers. This is the tea party movement folks. Completely out of touch with reality.

This could be the most amazing video ever made: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxJIdIFGUC8&feature=player_embedded

It is hard to believe that a Senator could not take time out of his day for an unscheduled appointment with a woman who was admittedly "yelling and screaming" at staffers. This is the tea party movement folks. Completely out of touch with reality.

"They" in Washington D.C. as well as most government 'higher ups' federal, state and local, feel that they ARE the RULING class. And so far, they are. And they do not like the Tea Party movement, it threatens the very foundation of their power and control.

This could be the most amazing video ever made: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxJIdIFGUC8&feature=player_embedded

"They" in Washington D.C. as well as most government 'higher ups' federal, state and local, feel that they ARE the RULING class. And so far, they are. And they do not like the Tea Party movement, it threatens the very foundation of their power and control.

Ummmm...SUUUUUUUUUUURRRRREEEE it does....:cuckoo:

Nice try. Jim Webb is an arrogant, disrespectful ass to begin with. His counterpart Senator Mark Warner wreaked financial havoc on Virginia while he was Governor and Warner's protege Tim Kaine has done more of the same since he's been in office.

And, yes, it's true that our elected representatives think they are the ruling class and above it all.

Oh - and the lady said "WE (the staffers and the lady's party) were yelling AT EACH OTHER."

Nice try. Jim Webb is an arrogant, disrespectful ass to begin with. His counterpart Senator Mark Warner wreaked financial havoc on Virginia while he was Governor and Warner's protege Tim Kaine has done more of the same since he's been in office.

It isn't arrogant or disrespectful to not meet with someone who doesn't have an appointment, its common sense. Do people really think a Senator has time to yap with every yahoo who walks in off the street during their big DC vacation? Give me a break. CEOs and high powered lobbyist are often stuck talking to staff, let alone random whiny old woman.

Seriously, would you expect to just walk into the White house and demand to speak to the President since he works for us? Jesus.

As for Mark Warner, you have no idea what the hell you are talking about when it comes to his Governorship. Mark Warner saved the state's bond rating and Virginia was voted "best managed state," three of the four years he was in office. He was wildly popular with D's and R's.

And, yes, it's true that our elected representatives think they are the ruling class and above it all.

Oh - and the lady said "WE (the staffers and the lady's party) were yelling AT EACH OTHER."

I live in Virginia and while I am no fan of Webb, Warner or Kaine, please tell me about this "financial havoc" that was wreaked on us under Warner?

I would have to say that it's actually our Wealthy & Arrogant politicians in Congress who are the ones who are completely out of touch with reality. They wont even let you in the door unless you're carrying a bag of cash for them at this point. Shame on them.

Our Politicians no longer serve the People. The People now serve them instead. This poor old lady didn't have a bag of cash or wasn't a wealthy & connected Lobbyist therefore she was not good enough to be seen by her Congressman. This is typical of our current crop of politicians. People need to be more like this brave woman and stand up to be heard. This does upset the arrogant politicians but it is also the only way to get their attention at this point. So Kudos to this brave woman!

Our Politicians no longer serve the People. The People now serve them instead. This poor old lady didn't have a bag of cash or wasn't a wealthy & connected Lobbyist therefore she was not good enough to be seen by her Congressman. This is typical of our current crop of politicians. People need to be more like this brave woman and stand up to be heard. This does upset the arrogant politicians but it is also the only way to get their attention at this point. So Kudos to this brave woman!

Do you honestly believe that anyone should be able to walk into an office unannounced and immediately receive a meeting with their Senator?

Hell, their city councilman?

I'm sure if she had a big ole bag of cash or was a wealthy well connected Lobbyist,she would have been seen immediately. Unfortunately it is what it is.

I'm sure if she had a big ole bag of cash or was a wealthy well connected Lobbyist,she would have been seen immediately. Unfortunately it is what it is.

I'm going to speak here as a lobbyist. Even for the best connected lobbyists, it is hard to get a meeting with the member him/herself. You especially can't do it without a meeting time. Best case you can get in 3 sentences in the hallways if you see them.

While heartfelt or at least it appears that way, I'm going to say this, what is lost on a lot of people here is this. The frist words in the constitution is "WE THE PEOPLE" and what that means is that we are the employers of those that represent us. I don't give a damn about what a Senators appointment schedule is or a congressmen for that matter, if one of the people they represent wishes to see them then they make time for them PERIOD end of statement, because that is who they work for, not the party, not some lobby group, not the Speaker, not the President, and most of all not for themselves. While it's a lot to expect to walk into the office of those who represent you to simply expect them to drop everything and talk to you, it would have taken little for this Senators staff to make an appointment for this group that the Senator must keep even it means he or she misses that camera time or event time. When people start to realize that we are the one's they work for and not the other way around then perhaps legislation that Americans and yes that includes real healthcare reform will reflect the needs of the American people and not the needs of some K street lobbyist.

As for Mark Warner, you have no idea what the hell you are talking about when it comes to his Governorship. Mark Warner saved the state's bond rating and Virginia was voted "best managed state," three of the four years he was in office. He was wildly popular with D's and R's.

I think I lived in Richmond long enough to know what the hell I'm talking about. He was another "tax'em to death Democrat." And after all the hooha over transportation funds for better roads, they're still crappy as hell. Nothing but potholes all over Richmond. I'm quite sure my car was knocked completely out of alignment the last time I was there which was just a few months ago. And I know Tim Kaine - he's been grooming himself for a long time to make a Presidential run in the future. Immediately after his Williamsburg inaugural "no new taxes" Kaine made his first action a bill declaring more new taxes. So bite me.

I got the hell out of Virginia before the people were levied a CO2 Tax.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back