Richest and poorest states

America’s Richest States - 24/7 Wall St.

America’s Poorest States - 24/7 Wall St.

Anyone wanna guess which are blue and which are red?

So, why do idiot rw's keep on voting against their own best interests? the best interests of their parents, their children, the future of their homes?

Why do they keep believing all the lies from the 1%?

First listing from the first link,
10. California
> Median household income: $57,287
> Population: 37,691,912 (the highest)
> Unemployment rate: 11.7% (2nd highest)
> Pct. below poverty line: 16.6% (18th highest)

First listing from the second link,
10. Oklahoma
> Median household income: $43,225
> Population: 3,791,508 (23rd lowest)
> Unemployment rate: 6.2% (8th lowest)
> Pct. below poverty line: 17.2% (16th highest)

Bad try.

What's important is not state level data, but rather individual data. Just because a "poorer" state votes "red" doesn't mean that "red" voters are "poor", just like because a "rich" state votes "blue" doesn't mean "blue" voters are "rich". Generally speaking, income is positively correlated with voting Republican. In Southern states, the "poorest" people overwhelmingly vote Democrat while "richer" people vote Republican. In Northern states, the pattern is the same except it's much less pronounced. So while, say, Mississippi may be "poorer" than, say, Connecticut, both "red" voters in Mississippi and Connecticut are generally "richer" than their "blue" counterparts in the same state.

Last edited:
Bad try.

What's important is not state level data, but rather individual data. Just because a "poorer" state votes "red" doesn't mean that "red" voters are "poor", just like because a "rich" state votes "blue" doesn't mean "blue" voters are "rich". Generally speaking, income is positively correlated with voting Republican. In Southern states, the "poorest" people overwhelmingly vote Democrat while "richer" people vote Republican. In Northern states, the pattern is the same except it's much less pronounced. So while, say, Mississippi may be "poorer" than, say, Connecticut, both "red" voters in Mississippi and Connecticut are generally "richer" than their "blue" counterparts in the same state.

I like you. I really really like you.

Ok that aside,

I like you.

Forum List

Back